Diversion 1.4 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion Diversity 2 for Diversion Diversity for Diversion

Yes, I get exactly what you get with a new init. So it's balanced. Thanks for that. Still, our saws are rounded off, and there's the busy buzz at the beginning of the curve.

This is charlatan (a perfect saw):
000104.jpg
Yo can see on the FFT that Diversion may be going a big higher on the right side. But not much. I wonder why this is. And I wonder if these rounded off saw waves are important.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ere2learn wrote:I get this,on a new init

Looks like normal saw with
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibbs_phenomenon
Murderous duck!

urlwolf wrote: This is charlatan (a perfect saw):
If you lay a piece of paper on the screen, you'll see that it's not a "perfect saw", but also is a bit of a curved ramp. I don't know what's happening with Diversion here, but, soft synth have very different sawtooth waves, if you take a look at the oscilloscope, and compare. They're all different. Very few have perfect saws. But, of course, it could well be that there's something happening with Diversion here by default, even without any filter active, which affects the wave shape.

I asked from Mr Sches about this last winter. Don't remember what he answered :P But basically the easy part from his answer was that even though the wavefor looks like rounded, it still sounds like it's not.

Lejurai wrote:I asked from Mr Sches about this last winter. Don't remember what he answered :P But basically the easy part from his answer was that even though the wavefor looks like rounded, it still sounds like it's not.
Ha....rounded means more body, a.f.a.i.k. (simply put)

Hey guys, there is a built-in DC blocker at the output of oscillators in Diversion, which works similar to HP filter. It prevents further bus and fx sections from being biased by possible DC-offset. However, the cutoff frequency of DC blocker is so low and it almost doesn't affect the sounding character, but that's visible on a spectrum scope, exactly that picture above.

The original idea was to offer an option to enable/disable DC-blocker, but the processing path is too complex and during tests it turned out that DC-offset too often destabilizes processing. So I made it built-in, because otherwise it becomes impossible to work with the synth.

Basically, in order to compensate that ringing artifact, you could apply a low-shelf filter FX with gain equal to something like +0.1dB or so.

Dunno if it is Black Friday, or if Diversion is permanently on sale at $89 these days ?

Numanoid wrote:Dunno if it is Black Friday, or if Diversion is permanently on sale at $89 these days ?
Winter sale;

http://dmitrysches.com/sales

Return to “Instruments”