buy diva or jp6k?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Blue-eyed Blonde Ape wrote:I'm not quite apt with you earth dwellers.
Which planet did you come from? :help:
Nielzie wrote:No problem, we're a weird bunch here, always been. So where you from?
Shhhhhhhh.....If he tells you, then, well, you know.....

He gets called back home......

Happy Musiking!
dsan

Blue-eyed Blonde Ape wrote:fair enough, neither did I care at that time, it was fun and now i even love that "childishness". I might be speaking with myself here, though haha, so please ignore me, because you all been doing it so well, until I touched someones dumbass girlfriend dancing to crap :help:
I'm not quite apt with you earth dwellers.
There are some pretty cool synth sounds in your example. The drum sounds and the tempo make it sound like something from the mid-90's, which I personally am turned off by. Your mix also lacks power and dynamics, you'll probably want to bring the drums forward if you want your music to have more impact.

Overall, I think the thing we're all reacting to is that you made those copy-paste comments but your music doesn't sound strikingly different from other EDM. Personally, I was expecting to hear something really far out.

SWallace wrote:
bailees7irish wrote: :roll: :shrug: :zzz:
Agreed. :hihi:

Is that guy serious? :roll:

^^^ Fun.

The new oscillator in Diva sounds as good as the rest of the modules. When you demo the synth, don't forget to explore the high quality (less aliasing) mode of the multisaw.

JP6K... the osc's sound authentic, but the filters didn't impress me.

Uncle E wrote: Overall, I think the thing we're all reacting to is that you made those copy-paste comments but your music doesn't sound strikingly different from other EDM. Personally, I was expecting to hear something really far out.
Personally, I think that - not wanting to offend anyone - this guy is just off his meds today. Or insanely high. Or something
And yes sir, you're correct in saying that his music sounds very 90ish. Maybe not mediocre but not brilliant either. Generic of sorts.

Kinda sounds like he's just hitting the peak on uppers. Too much coffee maybe? :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Coffee Royals perhaps :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Or maybe s/he simply doesn't know how to communicate properly.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Edit; I promised myself I wouldn't participate in this.
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E wrote:
Blue-eyed Blonde Ape wrote:fair enough, neither did I care at that time, it was fun and now i even love that "childishness". I might be speaking with myself here, though haha, so please ignore me, because you all been doing it so well, until I touched someones dumbass girlfriend dancing to crap :help:
There are some pretty cool synth sounds in your example. The drum sounds and the tempo make it sound like something from the mid-90's, which I personally am turned off by. Your mix also lacks power and dynamics, you'll probably want to bring the drums forward if you want your music to have more impact.

Overall, I think the thing we're all reacting to is that you made those copy-paste comments but your music doesn't sound strikingly different from other EDM. Personally, I was expecting to hear something really far out.
I really liked his Monark demo... that was something different...

BBFG# wrote:Edit; I promised myself I wouldn't participate in this.
Can't say that I blame you BBFG#....I probably should have too.

Just another thread that starts off in the right direction.....

Happy Musiking!
dsan

pinkpanther wrote:
robindrieghe wrote:diva looks like monark(that i have)...so i am in doubt.
no,i will not buy both :)
Diva: overrated cpu hog fanboy backed synth.
JP6K: wannabee synthedit toy.
Get something else. There are better products.

That did make me lol too.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Uncle E wrote:

Thanks, Saved me listening to it. ;)
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Blue-eyed Blonde Ape wrote:
robindrieghe wrote:i like the pluck sounds in jp6k but its a bit a one trick pony right...
Diva is "a bit" more expensive for "plucks" haha. I guess You like digital things your hear in a beatport crap galore most likely, when diva is out of place in that case, because massive, sylenth, shitty drum samples and brainless compression rules the charts.
"Brainless compression = Hi, guys where can I get some presets for vocals and drums for this compressor ?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway Diva is one of the best vstis, but if you're into that shitty sound then go with jp6k, and spare the rest money to waste it on some dumbass girlfriend, brainlessly dancing to that crap.
Crap is the fad.
The price point is so f***ing different that I've no f99999ing clue why wtf you even ask it, unless you want jp6k and just want some confirmation that it's ok.
It's ok brother :lol:
What's up "producers", it does hurt, doesn't it ? :help:
well.....I don't care :o for real :shock: omg he don't care :-o
peace :lol:
Diva can do any plucks you want, but before you click play let me warn you that the sh** that comes out of my head is way different to your mere mortal copy paste crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2q3Fq4WTng
This is a prank right?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

If you're only after a certain soud, JP6K should work just fine. DIVA would probably be a better long-term investment as it's capable of a much wider range of sounds, therefore more futureproof. It's a bit cpu hungry, though, which shouldn't be an issue with a newer machine.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Return to “Instruments”