Would you buy a vsti from the big Keyboard Companies?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Would you buy a vsti from the big Keyboard Companies?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 122

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Exactly BBFG# thanks for clarifying.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

cron wrote: Curious as to why you've included Access in your examples. Have they ever made a workstation keyboard, or indeed a synth that isn't part of the Virus line? I thought their output began and ended with the Virus line of synthesisers which have already had various software implementations over the years.
There is no proper native (= non-DSP) emulation of the Virus TI yet. There are just a few synths that use comparable features.
The dificulties already start with not having access to the wavetables of the TI ( AFAIk there are around 100 of them included now which correspomds to thousands of single waveforms).

A full emulation of the TI would be a real killer plugin IMO. I don't think athat Access will do anything like that soon.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
cron wrote: Curious as to why you've included Access in your examples. Have they ever made a workstation keyboard, or indeed a synth that isn't part of the Virus line? I thought their output began and ended with the Virus line of synthesisers which have already had various software implementations over the years.
There is no proper native (= non-DSP) emulation of the Virus TI yet. There are just a few synths that use comparable features.
The dificulties already start with not having access to the wavetables of the TI ( AFAIk there are around 100 of them included now which correspomds to thousands of single waveforms).

A full emulation of the TI would be a real killer plugin IMO. I don't think athat Access will do anything like that soon.

Ingo
My bad... there's been one running on TDM hardware, one on the Powercore, and that old TI version (which did run the sound engine on the computer IIRC, but required the keyboard dongle). No 'plain' VSTi as of yet. I expect you're right in that we won't see one any time soon.

edit: The TI ran on Motorola DSP just like the rest. Double my bad.
Last edited by cron on Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

As popular as it is, I doubt if I would buy a Virus VSTI.
Roland has the Fantoms, Jupiters and Integra? Probably pass on those too.

Kurzweil K2600

Yes! Most definitely!

I wouldn't think twice about it.

Yes if it is not just an emulator. I would be interested in synths not only from the big three (are they big still?!) but from Kawai, Casio and Kurzweil for example. An emulator + enhancements like Korg did with the Legacy synths or NI with FM7 :love:
I'm not very interested in romblers though.

cron wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Ingo
My bad... there's been one running on TDM hardware, one on the Powercore, and that old TI version (which did run the sound engine on the computer IIRC, but required the keyboard dongle). No 'plain' VSTi as of yet. I expect you're right in that we won't see one any time soon.

edit: The TI ran on Motorola DSP just like the rest. Double my bad.
When people talk about the TI they often seem to forget the wavetable synthesis, formant synthesis and granular synthesis parts of it, not to forget the new additions of the last OS versions (e.g. new FXs, filters, using the Arp as a mod source etc.).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

EnGee wrote:Yes if it is not just an emulator. I would be interested in synths not only from the big three (are they big still?!) but from Kawai, Casio and Kurzweil for example. An emulator + enhancements like Korg did with the Legacy synths or NI with FM7 :love:
Kawai K4 & K5 would be cool for their legacies.
Casio VZ and FZ could get a vote from me. (We don't need anymore CZs)

Ingonator wrote: When people talk about the TI they often seem to forget the wavetable synthesis, formant synthesis and granular synthesis parts of it, not to forget the new additions of the last OS versions (e.g. new FXs, filters, using the Arp as a mod source etc.).
Ingo
There are other things that are filling those need for me nicely though. And I actually like their sound better than Virus.

I have asked Access if I could use the forms-
I don't know if the tables are multi-sample type,
or just single forms.
The closest thing to a Virus VST(apart from PoCo) is a Reaktor ensemble which has the waveforms from C. I have extracted these and have the single cycles, I have a TI-prolly it's fine for me to use them, but certainly not make a VST was my reply from Kemper. I can link u to the Reaktor ensemble if anyone wants it.

Korg has the Legacy pack, I hear these are the stuff. I would buy a Roland TB if it sounded like the box. Mainly I am spoiled for choice already, and am capable of building my own stuff the way I want it too- so prolly the answer is mainly no.

BBFG# wrote:
EnGee wrote:Yes if it is not just an emulator. I would be interested in synths not only from the big three (are they big still?!) but from Kawai, Casio and Kurzweil for example. An emulator + enhancements like Korg did with the Legacy synths or NI with FM7 :love:
Kawai K4 & K5 would be cool for their legacies.
Casio VZ and FZ could get a vote from me. (We don't need anymore CZs)
Sure :-) I don't mind CZ either!

I couldn't buy FZ or VZ in the past. I was very close with my money but couldn't have it ready.
But for now to be honest, I already have great synths.
I'm very glad that I am living in this era when I can buy much much more than I have ever dreamt about in the past. I don't care if they are Virtual or not and like the real ones or not! The sound is what I am looking for, and that draws a big smile on my face :D

Yep. I might even give an arm or a leg (or both? :-o) for a 2080 with all expansion cards.

I really think there's some superb sounds out there we all would love to see as a native vst.

:)

disclaimer : arm and leg offer was a joke :hihi:

Andywanders wrote:Kurzweil K2600

Yes! Most definitely!

I wouldn't think twice about it.

Yeah. Sadly it won't ever happen.

The whole MOTIF XF sound library for 200 bucks?
Of course I'd buy that .. it's a no brainer!

trusampler wrote:2. Dongle will be included, elicenser/ilok, (sorry but lets face the facts, they trust no one and this is part of the deal)
Under these circumstances: no.

Greetings
D.
"There's a certain detail seen here."

Return to “Instruments”