Vanguard2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

All Papen synths use s/n now. I have Blue, Predator and Blade. None use soft e-licensor..

mhog wrote:
cis-didge wrote: Rob Papen left
E-licenser back a long time ago. Use only serial now
Last time I tried a Papen demo (Predator), I had to install the soft E-Licenser together with it and it was a mess like "the key expires after this and that, it is a demo key" etc. Can you confirm it just needs SN now?
I have all Rob Papens products. And yes, when I bought the first VST's they required E-licenser.
But since May 2008 Rob Papen, went to serial/activation. except for Blue and RG that first became serial/activation December 2008.
If it is different with the demo versions I cant tell. But it would surprise me if that is the case.

Compyfox wrote:"if it goes E-Licenser or other CP system, I'll pass", without even understanding(!) that you get a free(!!!) upgrade for a 10+ year old Synth. Even if it might only be a code update to run on x64 and Mac OSX Mavericks. :dog:
Please try to understand the difference between Cost and Value.....Just because something is free doesn't give it value. Pretty simple. If I choose not to install an E licenser on my new computer then it shouldn't upset you in the least bit..........maybe if you keep hitting yourself in the head it will sink in....... :lol:

You're the one who started the EL speculation. Nothing from ReFx has mentioned anything about CP......... Let's...wait....and...see...:shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Kriminal wrote:Seems to me nobody hear has a clue what V2 will have :lol:
Nobody here either............. :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:You're the one who started the EL speculation.
I'm not to blame this time - I merely commented on it. It really started on page 2:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p5616150
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I don't see any mention of E Licenser on Page 2......... :shrug:

The first mention of an EL I see is:
Compyfox wrote: Chances are, that Vanguard might use the Elicenser system

Teksonik wrote:
yeah, that was very poor :oops:

Teksonik wrote:I don't see any mention of E Licenser on Page 2......... :shrug:

Care to read the first post on page 3 then? :roll:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Not sure if this has been posted...

Mike ‏@reFX Jan 19
@scolms don't get too excited. Functionality wise it's a minor update. It's just modernized, so it works as AAX, 64-bit etc.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Kriminal wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
yeah, that was very poor :oops:
Just blame it on posting at 5am.......... :hihi:

Compyfox wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I don't see any mention of E Licenser on Page 2......... :shrug:

Care to read the first post on page 3 then? :roll:
You mean the post that says Dongle and nothing about an E Licenser ? Understand that when you say Dongle people think of that little plastic wart you have to buy in order to protect someone else's property. The E Licenser I've been discussing is the Steinberg software that's needed for Retrologue........which as you have speculated might be needed for Vanguard 2....which I have repeatedly said I will not install on my new computer......unless V2 is a significant upgrade.... I can't make it any clearer than that......... :shrug:

Teksonik - I really say this for the first time - but you're splitting hairs, and you are greatly pissing me off with that additude in leaving me with holding the baby.

Syncrosoft "Elicenser" or "Steinberg Key", or even "Dongle" implies that it's indeed the "whole" system. The big one even (USB key!!!). Elicenser is therefore the hypernym. "Soft Elicenser" is then the "software CP variant", still hardware bound (to the HDD), but no USB key (Elicenser USB key!) needed.

TheoM said it first, that it's going to be "dongled" - therefore "USB key solution" - but either way: Elicenser.

I don't know what the funk went wrong with your thinking, but seriously... reFX is with Syncrosoft/Steinberg Elicenser for a couple of years now. If that company is really going for it - then I'm sorry for you that you'll be left out. But that's the way it is for them(!) to protect(!) their intelectual property.

After 10 years of existence and uncountable available hacks - it's finally their right to do so. Doesn't swing with you. Cool - your right to say "no". But there is no use to complain or debate this any further.

Now that this is out of my system - can we stop this nonsense now?
Sheesh!

Oh and... read the quote by "Mike" on Twitter:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p5620591

Looks like it's not the right "update" for you after all.

EDIT:
Personal opinion on this... should reFX decide to update QuadraSID to x64, turn it to v2, implement "Elicenser" protection... I will still go for it. Why? Because this synth is great, it deserves the attention (after 14 years!) and I give a funk about the CP scheme - I use pretty much all of them already (except WiBu and Codemeter).

No sense crying over unborn babies.

re_mute wrote:Not sure if this has been posted...

Mike ‏@reFX Jan 19
@scolms don't get too excited. Functionality wise it's a minor update. It's just modernized, so it works as AAX, 64-bit etc.
:tu: for AAX.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Compyfox wrote:Teksonik - I really say this for the first time - but you're splitting hairs, and you are greatly pissing me off with that additude in leaving me with holding the baby.
Then you are too easily pissed off.......I'm "splitting hairs" ?
Compyfox wrote:Syncrosoft "Elicenser" or "Steinberg Key", or even "Dongle" implies that it's indeed the "whole" system. The big one even (USB key!!!). Elicenser is therefore the hypernym. "Soft Elicenser" is then the "software CP variant", still hardware bound (to the HDD), but no USB key (Elicenser USB key!) needed..
Now that's splitting hairs......I think it's pretty common that "Dongle" means a USB key.......not your HDD. The E Licesnser that I've been talking about does not require a USB Dongle. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. Maybe if you'd stop being so emotional about the issue and think more clearly.........
Compyfox wrote:I don't know what the funk went wrong with your thinking, but seriously... reFX is with Syncrosoft/Steinberg Elicenser for a couple of years now. If that company is really going for it - then I'm sorry for you that you'll be left out. But that's the way it is for them(!) to protect(!) their intelectual property..
It's not my thinking that has gone wrong. Are you talking about the intellectual property for which I've owned a license for years and years without the need for intrusive CP ? Point to me where I said a company does not have the right to protect their property..........you can't because I've never in over a dozen years here said that.....and never will.
Compyfox wrote: But there is no use to complain or debate this any further..
Yet you continue to do so...........I don't know why you are so emotionally invested in this subject.
Compyfox wrote:Now that this is out of my system - can we stop this nonsense now? Sheesh!
Yes please stop the nonsense..........
Compyfox wrote:Oh and... read the quote by "Mike" on Twitter:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p5620591 Looks like it's not the right "update" for you after all.
You mean this one ?
Mike ‏@reFX Jan 19
What in there makes it "not the right update" for me ? No mention of CP at all. You're the one that's been harping about a Quadrasid update.........not even mentioned by ReFx so it seems you're less interested in Vanguard than anyone..........
Compyfox wrote:No sense crying over unborn babies.
The only one crying here is you.......... :shrug: I simply pointed out my personal stance. Why it upsets you so much or why you even care is beyond understanding.....

Let me spell out my personal stance again. If version 2 only adds 64 bit support and still only uses my version 1 reg code I will probably install it on my new system. If it's only a 64 bit update and adds an E Licenser I won't install it on my new system simply because I want to keep it as clean as possible and Vanguard is not that important to me to install an EL to use it on my new system. If version 2 is a significant upgrade (and it doesn't seem like it will be) that adds updated sound and function I will consider installing an E Licenser. I don't see how that can be so controversial........ :shrug:

Keep in mind I still have Vanguard and Retrologue....(and the Steinberg E Licenser) installed on my old 32 bit system so I'm not missing out on anything........

So for the thousandth time.....let's wait and see what happens.....or doesn't happen......... :tu:

Return to “Instruments”