SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Another great FX unit from SampleTank 3:
Could you confirm if the separate drums in drumkits can now be assigned to separate outputs? That wasn´t the case in Sampletank before v3.

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Roman Empire wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Another great FX unit from SampleTank 3:
Could you confirm if the separate drums in drumkits can now be assigned to separate outputs? That wasn´t the case in Sampletank before v3.

Best Regards

Roman Empire
Most SampleTank 3 drum kits will be available as a full kit AND as single instruments /kit pieces, so yes it will be possible to assign those to individual outputs, and also it will allow you to mix elements from various kits.

Bombadil wrote:Will the upgrade be available from online retailers, or solely via download at IKM? Paying Italy's VAT when I don't live in Italy doesn't appeal to me.
I don't think I answered this - yes it will be available via dealers too.

Another question we have been asked (doesn't seem to be in this thread, maybe in one of the others or elsewhere) a bit is whether boxed versions will be available. I know this isn't groundbreaking news but just to keep it in sync with the main informational thread on our forum that many here may not see, the answer is yes.

will boxed versions of Custom Shop credits be available? :-D

on a more serious note - will Custom Shop credits be available through dealers some day? we still have to pay VAT on them...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I said I would use IK until it stopped working.
It stopped working...

:(

A license transfer question;

Does Total Studio 3 have only one transfer fee for the whole thing?
And does the T-RackS Grand upgrade have a separate fee for it?

Peter, any word on whether one can buy the upgrade with gear credits?
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Burillo wrote:will boxed versions of Custom Shop credits be available? :-D

on a more serious note - will Custom Shop credits be available through dealers some day? we still have to pay VAT on them...
Probably not, but they will always be available in bundles to help you save money.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

BBFG# wrote:I said I would use IK until it stopped working.
It stopped working...

:(

A license transfer question;

Does Total Studio 3 have only one transfer fee for the whole thing?
And does the T-RackS Grand upgrade have a separate fee for it?
Not too sure, I'd contact support to be sure.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

anxiousmofo wrote:Peter, any word on whether one can buy the upgrade with gear credits?
No word yet, but we'll have more info soon.

Aw shux. The amplitube sale is tempting but I have finite credits and budget. Hard gamble.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

anxiousmofo wrote:Aw shux. The amplitube sale is tempting but I have finite credits and budget. Hard gamble.
I've only got $10 in store credits, but it says I can use my Jam Points. I'm awaiting confirmation on this, but I really want this deal.

declan32001 wrote:
anxiousmofo wrote:Aw shux. The amplitube sale is tempting but I have finite credits and budget. Hard gamble.
I've only got $10 in store credits, but it says I can use my Jam Points. I'm awaiting confirmation on this, but I really want this deal.
A bit off topic, but yes, you can use Jam Points in the current AmpliTube Group Buy. Details on the Group Buy page.

Now back to our topic SampleTank 3 buzz...

jethrobull wrote:It's going to be tough to please everyone because of the price fluctuations and the length of time this upgrade has taken.
I completely understand very early adopters being slightly miffed.
I bought in ST2 back in 2003/04 back when Squids used to hang around on the forums here a lot (lovely guy BTW), when it used to cost nearly as much as Omni. Since then I persevered with it, but I could not find a single sound that I didn't have a better version of in another VST.

I tried the whole "use it as a sketchpad" thing, but I realised that all that time spent replacing my drafts with better sounds, were better spent using better sounds to begin with.

So after owning STank for about 3 or so years, I decided to try and sell it. But by that stage IK had devalued their own products so much with their ongoing group buys and sales, that I couldn't even recoup anything. It would cost me more money than I could make back, so I would be taking an even greater loss with the license transfer fees than the product was even worth.

Oh, I forgot a bit... a few years after purchasing STank, IK started to drop hints that ST3 was due to come out soon. "Great," I thought to myself... I don't really intend to use it, but maybe I can upgrade to ST3 for cheap and then finally offload it? At least that way I could at least get *some* of my money back.

Well here we are in 2014... IDK *how many* years after it was announced, and it turns out that IK want me to shell out another $99 for the privilege of being a "long-time user."

For all those who would argue that "it still works perfectly fine on x64," that's probably true. But my point is that I have no use for it and never really have. I haven't even bothered to reinstall it in about 5 years and the box just sits on my bookshelf collecting dust. I'm seriously considering just tossing it in the bin.

Anyway for those of you that are thinking of buying in on IKs next sale, think about it first. They wont hold their value and even though you *can* resell them, it wont be worth it to do so.

WRT ST3: tbh I don't really care anymore... :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

So Ben, what is your point then?

Was this to encourage people into not buying ST3 - so what are the alternatives or something, or was it simply a pure bashing over IK, for the fun of it?

I just want to make a sense of whay and why you posted. Thanks.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

Return to “Instruments”