Padshop Pro for £32 - Worth getting?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just noticed the upgrade path to Halion is only another 100 bucks. $200 for Halion seems pretty good...

Things keep escalating :hihi: .

BassMasterK wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Without Halion though looks like the edibility is very limited - more of a rompler really
Halion costs over 10 times as much as Dark Planet (at this sales price), I guess there is a reason for that ;)
If I get this with Halionsonic would I be able to edit it more fully? HS is on sale too - very tempted as I have Hypersonic 2 already, if it's anything like that it would be cool
It sounds like it. I watched a review on youtube and dude opened an instrument panel for Dark Planet inside of HALion and there were a dozen or so knobs there for tweeking the presets. I don't know for sure that you can't tweek stuff if you use it outside of HALion but someone else mentioned that it wasn't as customizable that way.

The price is too good. Just bought it myself.

Edit: After opening the sounds of Dark Planet in HALion Sonic and as a standalone, at least at first glance, I see no difference between the two. It looks like the standalone has the same functionality as best as I can tell.
Thanks - maybe it needs Halion then? Oh well I might still get Halionsonic - I downloaded the demo last night to try it out - may be worth it even for the upgrade path to Halion 5

OK it's installed but it says it won't run without being activated - how do I activate it without a key, it's the demo version?

aMUSEd wrote:OK it's installed but it says it won't run without being activated - how do I activate it without a key, it's the demo version?
if you talk about HS2 you need a dongle for the trial.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:OK it's installed but it says it won't run without being activated - how do I activate it without a key, it's the demo version?
I have one of those (several actually) but the demo installer doesn't come with any code to enter for a trial period

murnau wrote:
Correct.

I know but it appears you still need a code to enter into the eLicensor to activate the trial period - where do you get that? Even the activate button in the installer just takes you to the download page, no mention of any code, and the read me is just relevant to the full version.

aMUSEd wrote:I know but it appears you still need a code to enter into the eLicensor to activate the trial period - where do you get that? Even the activate button in the installer just takes you to the download page, no mention of any code, and the read me is just relevant to the full version.
I think the installer is meant to trigger the creation of a soft e-license by eLCC automatically. I'd say open LCC to see whether there's one in there but it's probably a safe bet there isn't. The only thing I can suggest is that the eLCC app itself needs to be updated and then reinstalling Dark Planet or checking that eLCC has created a soft e-licenser "virtual dongle" in the first place.
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

exactly what Gamma-UT said: update the e-licenser app should be the thing to do.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thanks - tried both those things no joy

somebody asked if the patches in halion sonic 1/2 are editable. i was really worried about that myself, after loading halion sonic 1 at first i was like, this is cool, but why cant i edit the patches??? but, after spending a few minutes, i saw that halion sonic is editable right down to the osc waveforms, modulation matrix, fx, really everything!

people think its not because there used to halion sonic se which is nothing like the real halion sonic. as far as i know, halion sonic 2 is also just as editable. honestly, i always though halion sonic was like nexus in it not edit ability but its a very different machine indeed.

Hi there, maybe it's a misleading question but about comparisons: how Padshop pro granular engine stays if compared to the Alchemy one?
And there is any free Reaktor ensamble comparable to Padshop pro?
Just curiosity..if anyone can answer, thank you very much.
:)
D.

BassMasterK wrote: Edit: After opening the sounds of Dark Planet in HALion Sonic and as a standalone, at least at first glance, I see no difference between the two. It looks like the standalone has the same functionality as best as I can tell.
You can edit each layer individually in HS2, even without the Macro page*. Also, I believe some presets use the Flexphraser, which is not editable from the Dark Planet GUI.

*If a layer uses sample(s), I don't see which one(s) in HS2, but I can pick a different one...

aMUSEd wrote:I know but it appears you still need a code to enter into the eLicensor to activate the trial period - where do you get that? Even the activate button in the installer just takes you to the download page, no mention of any code, and the read me is just relevant to the full version.
I had the same problem when installing the trial now.

The elicencer comes up asking for a code I aint got. And when I try to load the plug it says no licence detected.

The trick for me was to click on cancel licence activation in the E-liencer, and then reload the plug in FL Studio, and then I can use it.

Anyhow, the first patch in the plug is so good, that I want to buy it right away :D

Return to “Instruments”