Emulator X3 - another great software ruined by copy protection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some DAWs cannot check the License correctly for Emulator X3 VSTi.
If somebody has Problems get it running on Win7 or Win8 do the following:

In 32bit Systems you have to copy EmulatorXVSTi_lib.dll from de Folder where Emulator X has been installed to the Windows\System32 Folder.

In 64bit Systems (when using EmulatorX as 64bit vsti) do the same but with EmulatorXVSTi_lib64.dll
(in case of Problems copy the dll also to Windows\SysWOW64)

Gartenkrone wrote:Some DAWs cannot check the License correctly for Emulator X3 VSTi.
If somebody has Problems get it running on Win7 or Win8 do the following:

In 32bit Systems you have to copy EmulatorXVSTi_lib.dll from de Folder where Emulator X has been installed to the Windows\System32 Folder.

In 64bit Systems (when using EmulatorX as 64bit vsti) do the same but with EmulatorXVSTi_lib64.dll
(in case of Problems copy the dll also to Windows\SysWOW64)
Well, that worked for me but I can't get audio from X3 in FL Studio 12. I also went through heaven & hell to get Rebirth working on my computer, but that won't play through FL Studio either. Any suggestions?

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for midi/DAW control of parameters.

While mouse control obviously works and mapping a parameter to the DAW also works, so turning a control in Emulator is reflected in the DAW, this doesnt seem to be bi directional
Ie tweaking the respective DAW control isnt reflected in EmulatorX.

This didnt work for me under Win7, 8 or 8.1

Other than that its activated and running fine in Windows 10 64 bit after following the above instructions on copying dlls to the Windows folders.

Ps A Eurorack module with Zplane filters was announced a while by Dave Rossum one of the cofounders of EMU a while back but hasnt surfaced yet
http://www.rossum-electro.com/products/morpheus/
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Works fine for me on FL Studio. There are two controller pages: one for the patch (click on the patch) and for the quick controls (click on the bank). The controller movement is reflected on the quick control page.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:Works fine for me on FL Studio. There are two controller pages: one for the patch (click on the patch) and for the quick controls (click on the bank). The controller movement is reflected on the quick control page.
Sorry, I described the problem wrong!!

I can tweak the control but it doesnt have any effect until a new note
ie its not realtime.

So tweaking the knob on the plugin changes the sound in realtime but tweaking the knob in the DAW does nothing while a note is playing.

Aaah, yes, now I see what you mean. It seems that it does not matter if you use automation or just your midi controller. I think it has always been like this but not sure.
No signature here!

does activation for Emulator X3 work ? in August 2016?
anyone know if the activation authorization still works?
--

supernova777 wrote:does activation for Emulator X3 work ? in August 2016?
Yes, I just reauthorised today, the software is still for sale

I used Emux v2 a lot and had bought extra sound libraries for it then my sound card died out of the blue and so did the software. Great work from a solid company known as Creative labs..... pffffffffffffffttttttttttttt.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

does anyone know if theres a way to activate/authorize this app now? (august 2016)
or are the activation/authorization servers GONE FOR GOOD?? RIP?
--

Did you not read my post above?
I authorised today

While it's great that it's still for sale, the server is still running and we can still authorize it, I sincerely hope that if they decide to pull the plug they give us a means to keep it running. How hard would it be to switch it to serial# authorization? I don't just like X3....I NEED it. It's central to both my stage and studio work.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

CapnLockheed wrote:While it's great that it's still for sale, the server is still running and we can still authorize it, I sincerely hope that if they decide to pull the plug they give us a means to keep it running. How hard would it be to switch it to serial# authorization? I don't just like X3....I NEED it. It's central to both my stage and studio work.
Not gonna happen. E-mu is dead and buried by Creative. There's probably no one in E-mu who could make this happen even if they wanted to. E-mu exists in name only and has maybe couple of employees. Creative has also done rather badly for many years and will not care. They probably will pull the plug during one of their next cost cutting exercises.

One can only hope it will be cracked properly.
No signature here!

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
supernova777 wrote:does activation for Emulator X3 work ? in August 2016?
Yes, I just reauthorised today, the software is still for sale
Where is it still for sale?

Since it will run under a 64-bit DAW and read the Proteus VX files, I'd consider buying it for all the Proteus-based projects I did years ago.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Where is it still for sale?

Since it will run under a 64-bit DAW and read the Proteus VX files, I'd consider buying it for all the Proteus-based projects I did years ago.

Steve
There's still a semi-legit way to get it from Digital Pro Audio Samples.
http://www.digitalproaudiosamples.com/# ... tware/cjh3

He is a great guy and likely a former E-MU employee.
No signature here!

Return to “Instruments”