IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Rajah wrote:Can you assign drum Parts (snare, toms, kicks etc.) to independent channels? Not sure it can be done in V. 2.5...
Full drum kits are GM mapped and are on one channel so they'll output in stereo. This is why SampleTank 3 will also offer kit component instruments (like snare, kick, toms, etc) so you can load them on separate channels and route those as you wish.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Rajah wrote:Can you assign drum Parts (snare, toms, kicks etc.) to independent channels? Not sure it can be done in V. 2.5...
Full drum kits are GM mapped and are on one channel so they'll output in stereo. This is why SampleTank 3 will also offer kit component instruments (like snare, kick, toms, etc) so you can load them on separate channels and route those as you wish.

Just to clarify... So you CAN send a snare to a separate output and Kicks to another... Right?

Rajah wrote:

Just to clarify... So you CAN send a snare to a separate output and Kicks to another... Right?
You have to load an instrument that has snares mapped across the keyboard and another that has kicks mapped across the keyboard into separate channels, then you can.

Will this vst get me laid?

LimboLoves wrote:Will this vst get me laid?
I think it has accordion samples so...yes, probably.

Look what that did for Weird Al.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

anxiousmofo wrote:
LimboLoves wrote:Will this vst get me laid?
I think it has accordion samples so...yes, probably.

Look what that did for Weird Al.
Unfortunately in better looking than weird al, but great reference.

Sasu Honka wrote:^^^^^^ -did not saw the link before...

That was 37th time this link was posted to this thread.

Peter must be quite happy you asked for it bosone...

Instead of 'the link' everywhere could we please see some proof of imported SonikSynth, XT pack, etc sounds in ST3 before pre-ordering.
I don't know what kind of proof you are looking for? They import into SampleTank 3, it is one of many functions of the application.

Edit - we do state this at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... ank-3-info too if that helps?
Compatible with all previous “Powered by SampleTank” sound modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis)
and here http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... k-3-sounds we state:
The same previous users of Powered by SampleTank sounds and virtual instruments (such as Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth 2, SampleMoog, SampleTron and Xpansion Tank 2) will also be able to easily import their sounds and Combis
I think it's a fair question, it had been mentioned they can be imported but not whether ST2 sounds can simply load them one by one or ST2 libraries can be browsed/searched alongside the ST3 library (with or without the fancy instrument graphics).

Rajah wrote:

You have to load an instrument that has snares mapped across the keyboard and another that has kicks mapped across the keyboard into separate channels, then you can.
When you say "across the keyobard2 do you mean to their GM-defined notes, so that I can load several drum kit piece instruments and put them all on the same MIDI channel (as with Sonic Reality's "Studio Drum Capsules" in ST2). Or do I need to do anything else?

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Sasu Honka wrote:^^^^^^ -did not saw the link before...

That was 37th time this link was posted to this thread.

Peter must be quite happy you asked for it bosone...

Instead of 'the link' everywhere could we please see some proof of imported SonikSynth, XT pack, etc sounds in ST3 before pre-ordering.
I don't know what kind of proof you are looking for? They import into SampleTank 3, it is one of many functions of the application.
Peter, sorry for being suspicious, but this is one of the most important features of ST3 for me. I would Have been satisfied with working no admin 64bit version of ST2.5.

You have been advertising the import function on this thread since April the 10th without a single sample of imported combis/sounds.
Makes me wonder....

I know it is not Your fault. You can only post what IKM allows...

I posted links to where we state clearly that it does import and we wouldn't have audio demos because those would be sounds you have already heard. I've imported legacy libraries myself, it is a smooth process, I'm sorry I don't know what else to tell you but it isn't a matter of not being allowed to post something it is a matter of it being a pretty cut and dry function that we will have in the product and we state it a couple of times on the links provided. I don't think you are being suspicious, I just don't really know what other information would give you confidence.

Peter, there are new orchestral instrument samples, right?
People are saying the orchestral stuff is from philharmonic.

Regarding using old sounds. Since I own philharmonic also and I don't feel all the previous sound are included, weel it be possible to make a NEW ST3 instrument by combining several philharmonic instruments by using keyswitches? I.e. I want to make a new flute patch combining in one ST3 patch all the old flutes articulations and handle them via custom key switches.

thanks!
Last edited by bosone on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I posted links to where we state clearly that it does import and we wouldn't have audio demos because those would be sounds you have already heard. I've imported legacy libraries myself, it is a smooth process, I'm sorry I don't know what else to tell you but it isn't a matter of not being allowed to post something it is a matter of it being a pretty cut and dry function that we will have in the product and we state it a couple of times on the links provided. I don't think you are being suspicious, I just don't really know what other information would give you confidence.
Thanks for trying to convince me Peter. You Have to forgive me for being this sceptical, but

I have read all the posts here and on IKMM forums also.
All 1752 posts...

You Have stated the import of "Powered by..." sounds as a fact since 11th of February, the first post of the official thread.

Import function has been mentioned in at least 90-100 posts on these threads.

Some kind of example/demo/proof of using other ST librarys inside ST3 asked by at least 5 other posters besides me for about 10 times.

Not a single picture, audio nor video anywhere. Just words.

Peter - do not try to give me any other information. I Have read the information that IKMM has given.

Give me proof, please.

Yours - Sasu

Yeah would be good to have a screenshot just to show how the likes of Miroslav look when loaded up inside Sampletank 3 if possible seeing as that is the main reason I'm purchasing ST3.

I agree. Being able to efficiently use miroslav is one of the main reasons to upgrade.

Return to “Instruments”