IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Ben H wrote:It seems that they want to censor all their feedback now, the same way that East West do by hosting their own forums. :shrug:

That's not accurate. A few select KVR members, even after warnings, wouldn't stop posting post after post of disdain for IK in every single Sampletank thread here.

Ben (the head guy around here) mentioned how every Sampletank thread was a moderator nightmare with all the clean-up required. At least one member was temp banned for their constant gripe posts in every thread.

Ben then put a moratorium on Samptelankt threads until (close to?) the release date.

So, realistically, whether you like IK or not, it's unfair to say they retreated to their forum in order to censor feedback. That's just not how it happened.

Oh, ok.

I must've missed that bit... because I remember making a few posts in a ST thread that probably got deleted.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

There is a SampleTank 3 to be released?! Really? :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

jsp1979 wrote:.......That's not accurate. A few select KVR members, even after warnings, wouldn't stop posting post after post of disdain for IK in every single Sampletank thread here.......
I seem to recall a level of antigonistic remarks from many camps. :shrug:
jsp1979 wrote:.......Ben (the head guy around here) mentioned how every Sampletank thread was a moderator nightmare with all the clean-up required. At least one member was temp banned for their constant gripe posts in every thread.
This is true. Personally I cannot understand how people get so riled over something so trivial and are unable to maintain a sense of composure. :shrug:
jsp1979 wrote:.......Ben then put a moratorium on Samptelankt threads until (close to?) the release date.
I was unaware but it is probably the best course of action given the results to the circumstances.
jsp1979 wrote:.......So, realistically, whether you like IK or not, it's unfair to say they retreated to their forum in order to censor feedback. That's just not how it happened.
Perhaps "retreated to their forum" is an unfair statement; however, you have to admit it gives greater opportunity for censorship if the contribution to the thread is less than expected or desired. :shrug:

The fact is this software has been "promised" for a very long time. Some users are very disappointed in how things have played out.

I think the biggest disappointment to many users is they feel they have not been heard and have been disrespected and cheated (based upon other developers providing free x64 upgrades).

Bottom line - IKM have chosen the path they feel is most likely to keep their company going. This should be respected (and often isn't by those voicing their disappointments).

For the user, the choice is simple - go along with how IKM wishes to do business, OR do not; move on.

But to be disrespecful is unnecessary and should not be tolerated.

JM2C

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Will the new version retain Samplecell Import?
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

For me, the question has come up of whether the new version will even work as the 64b A3/TRacKS CS crashes without ever loading up. I understand I've become an anamoly to the usual customer base, but now I need something to demo on my system first before I spend anymore with IK.

It's not about their business policies for me, it's about their products. I'm in the camp of really liking their sound/samples and just disappointed that I will have to move on to something else.

But ST2/MSO/SS2/SM/ST are still working great and so I'll still use them until they don't.
I am, however, in search of replacements to their sounds from companies that do work in my 64b environment.

dsan@mail.com wrote:
The fact is this software has been "promised" for a very long time. Some users are very disappointed in how things have played out.

I think the biggest disappointment to many users is they feel they have not been heard and have been disrespected and cheated (based upon other developers providing free x64 upgrades).

Bottom line - IKM have chosen the path they feel is most likely to keep their company going. This should be respected (and often isn't by those voicing their disappointments).

For the user, the choice is simple - go along with how IKM wishes to do business, OR do not; move on.

But to be disrespecful is unnecessary and should not be tolerated.
Just to be clear, I'm not defending the whole Sampletank scenario. I agree it's been way too long to wait for the new version.

I just wanted to make sure it was clear that there were some official KVR reasons why they're posting little bits of info on their forum rather than here.

Yes, jsp1979, I got that, and agree it is important that facts are presented accurately.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:I think the biggest disappointment to many users is they feel they have not been heard and have been disrespected and cheated (based upon other developers providing free x64 upgrades).
Bingo! IKM receives an unusual amount of pushback and cynicism, on KVR, because of this type of business practice, aggressive marketing tactics, and lack of loyalty to long-term users--the points system almost adds insult to injury when they expire or can't be used. I think most of the guys that show up here from IKM are pretty cool, and I haven't seen all of the negative feedback, but some of the criticism is well-deserved, imo.

Fwiw, if I were IKM and any of you had been my customer for 10 years, or more, and owned most of my products (including SampleTank), I would just grant you this upgrade for free. Anything less seems greedy to me :shrug:

Feel free to disagree :D

We have posted this over at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=7598
In case anybody was interested. Photo links to our forum too. Thank you.

Yaoooooooh, a big picture of a guitar in a plugin, this will rock for sure :party:

Now I'm wondering if there will be a demo version offered whenever it gets released?
Wouldn't want to buy ST3 unless I was sure it would work on my system.

Some type of 'try before you buy' is greatly warranted here.

This is the first of multiple shots of just the electric guitars that we'll continue to post on our forum, and of course since it is a full GUI shot there will be other elements that people will likely find interesting to discuss there. I'll add more detail there. Thank you.

So will there be a way to demo it first to make sure it's compatible Peter?

BBFG# wrote:So will there be a way to demo it first to make sure it's compatible Peter?
Yes, there will be a demo. I just had to verify, and I've posted here for it to be in the master list of official info: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=7598

Return to “Instruments”