IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

I will check on whether there will be specific mono samples and/or the ability to collapse to mono.

Here is the Jazz Upright piano from SampleTank 3 - a very detailed and clear piano suitable for many styles. You can also see one of our top-shelf T-RackS effects as an insert - which one is it?

The rendered images of instruments will be useful.

Many people hear with their eyes. For example, if you are auditioning a list of instruments one by one, you'll get far more "oos" and "aahs" from such people when they see a lovely image of the instrument in addition to hearing the sound.

Jennifer

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Image
Ok now you're talking.......A nice Grand Piano, Big Fat Pipe Organ, some nice Choir-Vox...some 90's Rompler type elements, (Shaku, Bottle Blow, Pan Flute etc) and I'm in........... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

So do you want to show us what a 2.5 soundset looks like loaded, because it sure isn't going to have a 3D render and their will probably be 1000s of those loaded on everybody who installs this
Duh

endorka wrote:The rendered images of instruments will be useful.

Many people hear with their eyes. For example, if you are auditioning a list of instruments one by one, you'll get far more "oos" and "aahs" from such people when they see a lovely image of the instrument in addition to hearing the sound.

Jennifer
have you ever notice that the Big Mac on the commercials look "totally" different than the "actual" Big Mac... in fact... they look tasty on the commercials... but the "actual" Big Mac is a different story...

just saying...

in other words... the "actual" sounds will tell the whole story!!!

:tu:

i forgot to add... it also appears from what has been written in this thread that ST 3 beauty is the effects and not so much the samples/patches... but i guess we will not know until some sound demos are released...

hopefully... i will not be threaten with being "BANNED" or being "BANNED"... just making an observation...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We provided 64-bit updates for our other products free of charge, we explained why that isn't the case here, and every company and product is different. Thanks for your assessment, though.
Very much looking forward to ST 3.

Funny that the IK post in the link is from 10/13. Funnier that someone else in that thread posted that he was upset that IK was releasing ST3 during Xmas because tech support probably wouldn't be available to answer questions.

He needn't have worried. :D

That said, has there been a realistic ETA announcement? Are we looking at 2014 2nd quarter? Third quarter?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

We are targeting mid-year and I think neverenough misread or I misspoke because the FX are not the beauty of it (though we are adding our top-shelf T-RackS and AmpliTube effects and are proud of that) but the samples themselves are always referred to - with good reason - as finely-crafted, superb, beautiful samples of which we are proud. My apologies if I gave you a different idea, but we're VERY proud of these samples and they will indeed show their beauty. As they have in the multiple videos and audio demo we have already released and beyond those too.

hopefully... this will not get me "BANNED"... because this is a "fact"... iLoud was annouced at NAMM 2013/Januray with a end of first quarter/beginning of the second quarter release date... same as ST 3... there were production problems and was released at the end of Nov 2013... not saying that ST 3 will follow the same suit... but production problems can come from anywhere/anytime... in most cases cant be controlled...

What I really wanna know (since there's still quite some time before release of ST3) is:

how is it going to handle other ST libraries (Miroslav, Moog)?

I've read it's not going to be Custom Shop style, but I'd love to uninstall moog/miroslav/sonic and use only ST3 for the sounds, I don't care much for the moog/tron/etc GUI much anyway.

k

soulata wrote:What I really wanna know (since there's still quite some time before release of ST3) is:

I've read it's not going to be Custom Shop style, but I'd love to uninstall moog/miroslav/sonic and use only ST3 for the sounds, I don't care much for the moog/tron/etc GUI much anyway.

k
It will import those directly, and SampleTank 3 will be the main/central interface and engine for them much like you can do to day with SampleTank 2.5 and those Powered By SampleTank libraries you mention.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
soulata wrote:What I really wanna know (since there's still quite some time before release of ST3) is:
k
It will import those directly, and SampleTank 3 will be the main/central interface and engine for them much like you can do to day with SampleTank 2.5 and those Powered By SampleTank libraries you mention.
Breaking my own moratorium again here, and I'm not trying to hijack a thread that Peter has already effectively hijacked for his purposes, but as with this last statement, I ask;

Will this 'import' be the same as in simply being able to copy the folders into it, (as you can do now from any of the other VI Folders from MSO; SS2; SMoog; STron to STank2) and simply 'Relist'? Or will it have its own method of achieving that?

More details about import will come, but with the major rewrite it will need to be an import process.

With the release of the new Engl gear in AmpliTube Custom Shop today, we didn't forget about SampleTank 3 today. Here's a fantastic, beautiful-sounding Baby Grand with a great piece of T-RackS gear loaded up:

BBFG# wrote: Breaking my own moratorium again here, and I'm not trying to hijack a thread that Peter has already effectively hijacked for his purposes, but as with this last statement, I ask; ...
C'mon, now. Is it really necessary to hit Peter with a drive-by like that? If you have a question, ask the question.

If Peter DOESN'T interact with this thread, he and IK get called out for being unresponsive. And when he does contribute, he's subjected to b.s. like this.
Berfab

no disrespect for the ik multimedia rep(s)... plus... i am not looking to get "BANNED" or threaten with being "BANNED"... but could anyone except the rep answer this question... thanks in advance... what is the typical hit on CPU with the ik multimedia effects... i.e. T-Racks, etc...because the more and more i read... i am getting the impression that ST 3 main feature is the use of their effects... i.e. this patch is loaded up with "a great piece of T-RackS gear"...

:tu:

I'd be happy to give you my best answer (I'm not a rep). In return, do you think you could stop being a wiseguy and plastering the word "BANNED" all over this thread?

All the IK effects, like any other company's effects, can create a huge CPU hit if you start loading them up. If you think about it, it's an amazing amount of math that you're asking your processor to perform. But in isolation, on my system at least, the effects seem to be optimized to give as good, or better, efficiency as the competition.

Amplitube allows you to choose the quality of effect in order to further minimize the CPU hit. For many of my uses, the lowest quality setting is just fine, and multiple instances of fairly complex FX chains play with no problem.

I don't know if ST3 will have that option, but it would certainly make sense.

Cheers
-B
Berfab

Return to “Instruments”