IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

While we're on the subject of feature requests......After finally importing more of my ST2 libraries into ST3 yesterday....Vintage Voltage, Vocal Collection, Miroslav etc I've rediscovered an issue I brought up some time ago.

It would be very nice to have a "Center Browser" function. For example as it is now "Imported Instruments" is at the bottom of the instrument list. Click on it but it's sub-folders open up at the bottom of the browser window out of view....then you have to scroll down to see it's sub-folders. Open up the Sonik Synth folder but again most of it's sub-folders open up out of view....scroll down to "Vocal Textures" and again most of the contents of that folder open up out of view....scroll down to "Hard Ooohs 2" then load. Lots of scrolling. Seems like now it's a constant fight against the browser.

"Center Browser" would automatically move the folder you just opened to the top of the browser. Much less scrolling that way. Make it an option so those who do not wish this behavior can leave things as they are now.

Another great feature would be to have a "Collapse Browser" function which would of course close all opened folders and collapse the browser to it's default state. ( perhaps this already exists, someone educate me if it is please). :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

themachinelt wrote:Wow Teksonik, that was really very long time ago, soon it will be a year. Well IK Multimedia support isnt really good at all when considering what actually users request. I wonder if they have thought that such cons impact theyr sales.

Futhermore, that makes me wonder if the Sampletank 3 project is being handled at all by computer musicians/ex musicians. Im sure a common sense in every musician/programmer would be to add assignable macros (aswel other common features these days).
Almost every single employee of IK is a musician, and many of them highly trained and experienced in various aspects of music production (yes, even the marketing folks ;) ). I understand you are frustrated that you feel your feature request is popular and important and has not been included but I don't think insulting the creators of the product for which you are making said request is a helpful outlet for that frustration. Your request and hundreds of others from many thousands of users are received and considered daily. Please follow up with support again if you feel this feature is something you feel that strongly about and perhaps they can reassess and escalate.

Well crap.....I've been waiting to import some of my ST2 libraries as I thought legacy import was going to be improved in newer versions. However just going through the Vintage Voltage instruments and many of them are broken.......not playing the full keyboard range, not sounding at all, odd noises. These same instruments play fine in ST2.

I'm going to go through the Miroslav instruments next to see if they imported better........... :pray:

EDIT: The same problem still exists with some legacy instruments and the Filter. For example Miroslav/Other Instruments/Classical Keys/ "Bass Pedal". It makes no sound until you change the Filter from VCF Low Pass to Off. This issue with the filter and imported instruments was brought up long long ago.........
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
themachinelt wrote:Wow Teksonik, that was really very long time ago, soon it will be a year. Well IK Multimedia support isnt really good at all when considering what actually users request. I wonder if they have thought that such cons impact theyr sales.

Futhermore, that makes me wonder if the Sampletank 3 project is being handled at all by computer musicians/ex musicians. Im sure a common sense in every musician/programmer would be to add assignable macros (aswel other common features these days).
Almost every single employee of IK is a musician, and many of them highly trained and experienced in various aspects of music production (yes, even the marketing folks ;) ). I understand you are frustrated that you feel your feature request is popular and important and has not been included but I don't think insulting the creators of the product for which you are making said request is a helpful outlet for that frustration. Your request and hundreds of others from many thousands of users are received and considered daily. Please follow up with support again if you feel this feature is something you feel that strongly about and perhaps they can reassess and escalate.
Its not entirely about feature requests, its about not being fully use the product and support seem to not care about this. Some of the bug fixes i already reported to support long time ago and they havent been fixed. That is mostly related performance in FL Studio (crackles, glitches and so on).

Peter how would you feel if you pay for a product and cant utilise it fully?

themachinelt wrote: Its not entirely about feature requests, its about not being fully use the product and support seem to not care about this. Some of the bug fixes i already reported to support long time ago and they havent been fixed. That is mostly related performance in FL Studio (crackles, glitches and so on).

Peter how would you feel if you pay for a product and cant utilise it fully?
Looking at your tickets, it seems it is mostly about a RAM issue you are having with FL Studio which we are not able to recreate and which is not being reported by others. I also see a single instrument settings recall issue that has a workaround but I'll ask support to follow up with dev to see if there's any fix for that implemented or on the horizon, and other queries that seem to be either answered/resolved or duplicates.

I'm sorry that you are having issues that don't appear to be global, I've already let our Support Manager know that you are not satisfied. Again, I understand you are frustrated because it is not working for you in your environment and I've relayed your frustration to see what can be done to further assist you.

themachinelt wrote:That is mostly related performance in FL Studio (crackles, glitches and so on).
Are you sure it's not actually an issue with FL Studio? I'm asking because I had this very same problem with both SynthMaster and Bazille in FL Studio (11, at the time), and only in FL Studio (not in Reaper and Renoise). Image-Line offered some suggestions for things to try that improved the situation. I don't recall the details, but try and post about this in the Looptalk forum; there might be something you can do.

In FL it's often a "Use Fixed Sized Buffer" issue either on or off that third party plugins have a problem with....not saying that's the case here but it's worth a shot to see if it helps.

themachinelt wrote:
Burillo wrote:the only thing capable of changing IK's mind is that you bang their support with this. enough people waste IK's time with this - maybe they'll add this IMO obvious feature.
I dont think so. Ive already send numerous requests to fix some things im encountering and IK Multimedia seem to dont care at all.
While we're at it, I can't make the programs to show in mine. I had a problem, and had to reinstall the all pack. I pdated to the last version. The Multis show up, I can load them all the sounds play, but when I select single programs, the display is emtpy, which prevents me of loading any sound at all. Yet, all the programs are there, and I updated the library too, as instructed.

Did anybody else experience this? Any suggestions welcome...
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Did anybody else experience this? Any suggestions welcome...
I for one have not had this problem. Did you refresh the Database by clicking on the circular arrow on ST3's gui ? :)

Anyone get the new drums or acoustic guitar libraries yet. not a lot
of user feedback on these,not even on the ik forum.

Teksonik wrote:
I for one have not had this problem. Did you refresh the Database by clicking on the circular arrow on ST3's gui ? :)
Many times. No changes. And it's not the first time I have problems with ST3 database management, BTW. It should be very simple, like it is with Kontakt - just point to a directory, click "update database" and that's it. Apparently, with ST3 there's more.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Many times. No changes. And it's not the first time I have problems with ST3 database management, BTW. It should be very simple, like it is with Kontakt - just point to a directory, click "update database" and that's it. Apparently, with ST3 there's more.
Hmm I'm out of ideas then sorry. I hope you find a solution.

bill45 wrote:Anyone get the new drums or acoustic guitar libraries yet. not a lot
of user feedback on these,not even on the ik forum.
Would like to see some user feedback too, particularly on the acoustic guitar and the new Alan Parsons piano.

Teksonik wrote:In FL it's often a "Use Fixed Sized Buffer" issue either on or off that third party plugins have a problem with....not saying that's the case here but it's worth a shot to see if it helps.
I have with both options some problems and they are a bit different with each setting :)

Mivo wrote:
themachinelt wrote:That is mostly related performance in FL Studio (crackles, glitches and so on).
Are you sure it's not actually an issue with FL Studio? I'm asking because I had this very same problem with both SynthMaster and Bazille in FL Studio (11, at the time), and only in FL Studio (not in Reaper and Renoise). Image-Line offered some suggestions for things to try that improved the situation. I don't recall the details, but try and post about this in the Looptalk forum; there might be something you can do.
I did contacted IL some time ago about ST, cant recall it now well.

I have Bazille it works alright, but on some patches i get hanging notes and odd sound behaviour, i reported to U-He. I hope in next update they will fix this.

Return to “Instruments”