IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:@neverenoughfunk - Would you agree to not say anything about it from release until Thanksgiving if you are not correct and it is out before then (even if you like it)? ;) You'll be welcome to buy it, of course. :D
Just to be fair Peter, you would also have to agree to not say anything until the day it was actually released then. :wink:

quid pro quo, you know...

for the moderators before you BANNED me...

NAMM 2013 IK Multimedia announced iLoud... was supposed to be released in the 2nd Qtr of 2013 just like ST 3 (but 2014)... but it actually came out about Thankgiving 2013... FACT!!!

my "guesstament" for ST 3 is based on that fact...

I'm thinking ST3 will be out June 63rd-ish... maybe the 64th. Certainbly hope it doesn't slip into the 70's...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

'Twas a joke, neverenough and BBFG# (I know you were joking too, BBFG#)... But thank you for your continued interest even if my humor is not your cup of tea. Cue the "IK Illuminati suppresses forum users' posting about ST3 until holidays!" threads. /another joke in case it wasn't clear

I think I might have to join bluedad in Hawaii until June 31st.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:'Twas a joke, neverenough and BBFG# (I know you were joking too, BBFG#)... But thank you for your continued interest even if my humor is not your cup of tea. Cue the "IK Illuminati suppresses forum users' posting about ST3 until holidays!" threads. /another joke in case it wasn't clear

I think I might have to join bluedad in Hawaii until June 31st.
it appears my humor is not your cup of tea too... sometimes i wonder i many e-mail have you sent to forum moderators to get me BANNED?

Easy answer there: Zero. Search for the other threads where similar conspiracies have been dispelled. I wish I had the power that some think I do :)

As for SampleTank 3, oh the Udu that you do so well...

Question. Why the 3d modeled instruments? Why not just a picture? I think it would be cheaper but just curious. I'm actually quietly getting excited for st3, even though I'm trying not too.

The content of this thread is worthy of 'The Onion.'

"People get excited over 3D pictures of instruments they aren't allowed to hear yet."
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Udu! I don't need an Udu (I don't need an Udu I don't need an Udu...) but yes please I would like to have one.

BOW-oo bwip! bup BOW-oo bwip! <-That's Udu tablature.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Bombadil wrote:The content of this thread is worthy of 'The Onion.'

"People get excited over 3D pictures of instruments they aren't allowed to hear yet."
One user explained "The modeled wood had such an organic richness to it that I could already hear it's sweet melody as if honey could ooze into my ears!" Eager users were excitedly, if not unlike in an orgasmic state, with credit card in hand ready for the eventual release. "I never knew the impact, the emotional weight and affect the 3D modeled strings would have on me. I could instantly feel them the moment I saw them."

DISCLAIMER: I have no "dog" in this discussion... just liked the idea of an article in Onion News.

LimboLoves wrote:Question. Why the 3d modeled instruments? Why not just a picture? I think it would be cheaper but just curious. I'm actually quietly getting excited for st3, even though I'm trying not too.
And a follow up question....I'd like to use the space those renders will take up for sound files. Any chance we can eliminate them? I already know what the majority of the instruments look like and how they are played (and if I don't know I have internet access) so to me they are wasted real estate and storage space.

Are these pictures integral to the performance of ST3? Or are they strictly cosmetics?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Hewitt Huntwork wrote:Udu! I don't need an Udu (I don't need an Udu I don't need an Udu...) but yes please I would like to have one.

BOW-oo bwip! bup BOW-oo bwip! <-That's Udu tablature.
I thought it was someone with a lisp :shrug:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Will ST3 be entered into the KVR Development Challenge?

elxsound wrote:
Bombadil wrote:The content of this thread is worthy of 'The Onion.'

One user explained "The modeled wood had such an organic richness to it that I could already hear it's sweet melody as if honey could ooze into my ears!" Eager users were excitedly, if not unlike in an orgasmic state, with credit card in hand ready for the eventual release. "I never knew the impact, the emotional weight and affect the 3D modeled strings would have on me. I could instantly feel them the moment I saw them."

DISCLAIMER: I have no "dog" in this discussion... just liked the idea of an article in Onion News.
Just spat out my late-night snack..... :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Hewitt Huntwork wrote:ImageUdu! I don't need an Udu (I don't need an Udu I don't need an Udu...) but yes please I would like to have one.
I love all the uDu !

(and all the DuDsi doo, of gourse)

'zguze be... I've caught a cold
Last edited by BlackWinny on Fri May 30, 2014 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”