What Synths will set you Free???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kaboom75 wrote:Can't see DIVA working as a hardware controller. What happens if Urs adds another module? Do we send them all back to be rebuilt?
Add to that the expense of a limited production hardware unit and it simply doesn't make sense.

You could get a good midi controller and simply assign knobs and sliders to softsynth parameters if you want that tactile response.......for example I can control the filter cutoff of several vsti's with one slider on my controller all at once in real time.....I'm not sure how many hardware synths actually send midi CC's from their knobs and sliders......

I think a lot of people who lust after hardware have never owned any and thus are not aware of their restrictions compered to computer based synthesis.........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I have u-he synths ENV 1 & 2 mapped to my Novation midi controller knobs. Too lazy to learn all the functionality of automap maybe I can map the lot. When I get a job I might get a Moog Minotaur just for the base track just so I have at least one hardware analogue. Far too restrictive to try to do all tracks with all hardware and would take up too much space on my desk.

Teksonik wrote:I've lost count of how many times over the years a new synth patch has inspired a new piece of music.
You are correct, most of my inspiration comes when trying or building new patches.
Kaboom75 wrote:Can't see DIVA working as a hardware controller. What happens if Urs adds another module? Do we send them all back to be rebuilt?
I guess the face of it could be generic, you switch Module in Software inside and everything gets reassigned on the controllers. Have you seen the real Diva controller how it works?
http://patcharena.com/synth-project-div ... ller-u-he/
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Any synth with a supersaw will slice through the bars in 3/4 time...
You have to keep volumes low to gain a sample of freedom before you segue towards your solo break.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

My Jupiter-50 sets me free, because it sets me free from my computer and having to fiddle with it, or software, of any kind.

I can just turn it on and play it.

The Jupiter-50 offers acoustic and electric pianos that I can just sit down and play. For hours.

It has a built in VA with 2,000+ presets that can easily be layered and split.

It has a really nice 76-key synth action keyboard that feels great under the fingers. There are no onboard sequencers or samplers or anything else to distract.

Just great sounds and a great keyboard. It sets me free!

http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd - 150+ synth demo videos.
DP, Omnisphere 2, Diva, Zebra, Alchemy, Sylenth1
Montage 8, Moog LP, Yamaha MOX6, Virus TI Polar

mwalthius wrote:I can just turn it on and play it.
That's exactly my point, you will JUST play...there is no creativity in that. The synth is good but without a computer you still can not create anything with that.

BasariStudios wrote:
That's exactly my point, you will JUST play...there is no creativity in that. The synth is good but without a computer you still can not create anything with that.
Synths were around for a long time before computers were...
You couldn't really create music on a 1984 DOS PC.
What year did the Atari come out?

I understand that...i made a different point...he said ,,WILL SIT DOWN AND JUST PLAY...that is not creativity nor it justifies it.

And we can do exactly that on 100 other softsynths, a lot better then theJ50

BasariStudios wrote:

er?
creativity is not the same thing as "being able to record"

In my view it is...whats the point of me all day just playing and being creative and in the evening when i shut it of there is no trace of it? Was i being creative? I don't think so.

BasariStudios wrote:In my view it is...whats the point of me all day just playing and being creative and in the evening when i shut it of there is no trace of it? Was i being creative? I don't think so.
well your view is wrong.

BasariStudios wrote:In my view it is...whats the point of me all day just playing and being creative and in the evening when i shut it of there is no trace of it? Was i being creative? I don't think so.
Music hath charms to soothe the savage beast etc..
I do exactly that..as a person who suffers from chronic pain and headaches I find it offers some kind of release. I'm unable to take pain killers for a variety of reasons.
I hate the days when even making horrible noises is beyond me.
I have no need to set ideas down in stone.

werp wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:
Synths were around for a long time before computers were...
You couldn't really create music on a 1984 DOS PC.
What year did the Atari come out?
Bach could never have written all that music without a computer. I bet aliensdidit.

I guess we all missing the point. Werp, sorry to hear that and yes, Music offers relief in many things. Farlukar and Vurt, a famous Vulcan once said:
When 2 people are in disagreement it means that both are not informed or educated well enough about the subject.
Last edited by BasariStudios on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”