What Synths will set you Free???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a lot to be said for limiting ones self to just a few synths and learn them inside out that can bring the best out of a producer. Too much of anything can indeed be overwelming.

However... having said all that, whilst I may stick to 2-3 synths most of the time, I feel like all the others in my collection still have their place for sounds they're particularly good at, so I will use them when needed. Because of that I don't feel like letting go of any of them.

But certainly when it comes to buying synths or fx plugins, its best to really master it fully first, really invest the time to push it to its limits, before considering purchasing something else. It's the habit of buying something, barely scratching the surface, then buying something else in an attempt to get some immediate goal that isn't a very productive path.

...of course I'll look like a complete hypocrite and be eating my words next time there's a big plugin sale on :hihi:
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

This is a messed up Topic. The reason i wrote is as Arksun mentioned...i own almost every VST Synth on the Planet plus i have few Hardware pieces. Now, having all this i can not do anything, started Making Sets for Diva, Zebra, KV311, Lus-101, Blue, Monark, Element, this, that, it, bla bla bla bla...WTF should i do? This will last me 25 life times. People used to and still make music with 4 channel tapes and a Korg M1. WTF? I did not Master any of these synths, yes, i know them pretty deep, i program and make my living for the last 20 years STRICTLY from sounds designing, not even producing music but hell...how can i deal with all this crap. Lately i am getting frustrated, started selling some of my VST, most of them are NFR but i own quiet a few and selling them now...and then tomorrow, get all this money and buy more synths...i know that already...and i am lost even writing now...fawk. Same thing for VST Effects, i own Melda Total, Plug and Mix Total, Nomad Factory Total, Waves stuff, other single things...i am completely lost. Lately i decided to actually start producing some music and i am lost. However i did finish Audio Engineering and am pretty good at Mixing and Mastering, actually a lot better then i am a musician.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

I don't have that much a problem with commercial synths (I only have a few of them) but I have TONS of free stuff sleeping in my plugin folders and waiting to be used in my songs... And every week there's another free synth which is applauded by the people. Yesterday it was OBXD, now it is Brainstormer...

Then a new sound set for Crystal appears which I had nearly forgotten, and I think maybe I should work with Crystal, too, such a capable synth... :o

But then I don't wanna test free plugins the whole week, I actually want to make music... :x

BasariStudios wrote:This is a messed up Topic.
It smacks of the craftsman blaming the tools.

farlukar wrote: It smacks of the craftsman blaming the tools.

Pretty Much!!! Except the difference is now the tools are actually TOO good.

I, for one, am looking forward to what you do with kv331, BasariStudios. Hoping it will add the ethnic samples and give it a much needed world dimension. Ubukata's sample osc/patches are pretty much the only thing I use in it now. Way too much EDM in it otherwise and it really doesn't prove its full potential like the Ubukata stuff does. IMO, Diva is still a great opportunity to design for also, before the market gets flooded with them.
A couple you mentioned though, I can't understand what the appeal is with them anyway.

BasariStudios wrote:This is a messed up Topic. The reason i wrote is as Arksun mentioned...i own almost every VST Synth on the Planet plus i have few Hardware pieces. Now, having all this i can not do anything, started Making Sets for Diva, Zebra, KV311, Lus-101, Blue, Monark, Element, this, that, it, bla bla bla bla...WTF should i do? This will last me 25 life times. People used to and still make music with 4 channel tapes and a Korg M1. WTF? I did not Master any of these synths, yes, i know them pretty deep, i program and make my living for the last 20 years STRICTLY from sounds designing, not even producing music but hell...how can i deal with all this crap. Lately i am getting frustrated, started selling some of my VST, most of them are NFR but i own quiet a few and selling them now...and then tomorrow, get all this money and buy more synths...i know that already...and i am lost even writing now...fawk. Same thing for VST Effects, i own Melda Total, Plug and Mix Total, Nomad Factory Total, Waves stuff, other single things...i am completely lost. Lately i decided to actually start producing some music and i am lost. However i did finish Audio Engineering and am pretty good at Mixing and Mastering, actually a lot better then i am a musician.
Don't sell any of it. You will regret it.

I foolishly sold off a shit load of stuff..and i wish i could go back and tell myself to just keep it.

The Stuff I wish i never sold was Zebra2, Diva, Ace, Satin, MFM2, Filterscape, Uhbik, Twin2, Saturn, Timeless2, Volcano2, Maul, Etch, Bloom, DCAM Dynamics, Geist, Komplete 8
:borg:

BBFG# wrote:I, for one, am looking forward to what you do with kv331, BasariStudios.
OMT (Oh-my-turkey), did he buy the whole company? :o :shock: :-o

V0RT3X wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:I foolishly sold off a shit load of stuff..and i wish i could go back and tell myself to just keep it.

The Stuff I wish i never sold was Zebra2, Diva, Ace, Satin, MFM2, Filterscape, Uhbik, Twin2, Saturn, Timeless2, Volcano2, Maul, Etch, Bloom, DCAM Dynamics, Geist, Komplete 8
Anyone would regret selling that lot :(
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

BBFG# wrote:I, for one, am looking forward to what you do with kv331, BasariStudios.
I am planing on using the KV311 SynthMaster and Zebra mostly for this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 48CynaAQcm since those 2 are the most capable of doing this, Diva can not do this, Blue can do it too especially with PD. Every single bank for any VST syntht that is released out there is just Trance, EDM, Trance, EDM, i am sick of it, there is no creativity, the same Sound is just copied all over and then one octave up or down and then i wonder...who buys this banks? 90% of them Sound the same anyways for no matter what synth. I am more into CLASSIC Analog Sounds and can do a better job at that then doing Trance (which i can do too).

V0RT3X wrote:Don't sell any of it. You will regret it.
I already know that...sold Arturia V3 Collection few days ago now i am scratching my self. Now i am selling Element and SEM V, why, i don't know. YES, i sold REAL ARP 2600, MS20 and TB303. Almost bought a real CS80.

Tricky-Loops wrote:did he buy the whole company?
No, just one quarter of it...Molodec to me!

BUT NOTHING DOES IT THE WAY I DID IT WITH KORG KRONOS!!! LONG LIVE THE KING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psb64h0K ... 48CynaAQcm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXJBgcmQ ... cm&index=2
Last edited by BasariStudios on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BasariStudios wrote: YES, i sold REAL ARP 2600, MS20
I would have never sold those... :o :dog:

I imagine that has to hurt..
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
Well i have my moments...when i wanna throw everything out the window, computer including SoundCards and everything else.

BasariStudios wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
Well i have my moments...when i wanna throw everything out the window, computer including SoundCards and everything else.
Wait till I park my trailer below your window... :P

Tricky-Loops wrote:Wait till I park my trailer below your window... :P
2003...Derby, CT, USA. Threw a whole desktop computer thru the window with the Glass together from 4th floor. Landed on Street and almost killed a woman. Cops came to door for Domestic Violence and i lived by my self...so it was only Domestic Violence against Electronic...since then i smoke more and am more carefull.

BasariStudios wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Wait till I park my trailer below your window... :P
2003...Derby, CT, USA. Threw a whole desktop computer thru the window with the Glass together from 4th floor. Landed on Street and almost killed a woman. Cops came to door for Domestic Violence and i lived by my self...so it was only Domestic Violence against Electronic...since then i smoke more and am more carefull.
At least you didn't throw your girlfriend out of the window... :P

Return to “Instruments”