Best value synth you've bought?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:
Kriminal wrote:My Arturia Minbrute is def the best value. You wont find a better analogue monosynth with this many features.... and it sounds great too.
That would of course depend on the price range. :)
Sorry, i meant of course, for that price. :wink:

Well...

Novation Bass Station 2 is very close in price and has a bit more going on for it (2 osc + sub, sequencer along with arp, patch memory). There's also Pulse 2 that kills both of them on specs alone (3 osc, paraphony, much more patch memory...). What Minibrute has is more CV, for those that need it (BS2 has none, Pulse 2 has just CV Out).

So far the best bang for the buck I've gotten has to be a Nord Micromodular for 120€, followed by a Korg Volca Keys for 120€.

EvilDragon wrote:Well...

Novation Bass Station 2 is very close in price and has a bit more going on for it (2 osc + sub, sequencer along with arp, patch memory). There's also Pulse 2 that kills both of them on specs alone (3 osc, paraphony, much more patch memory...). What Minibrute has is more CV, for those that need it (BS2 has none, Pulse 2 has just CV Out).
Neither are 100% analogue :wink:

I dont need to switch anything to access anything, or trawl thru menus and matrixes either.

My original version of Reaktor. Free on account of owning Sync Modular.
I also got a Nord Micro for around the same as tetsuneko; that's definitely a bargain for what it offers.
And although its not a synth, Lemur for the iPad is pretty much a bargain compared to what a real Lemur was.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

My best value for money hardware:

Secondhand

Nord Micromodular £100
Teisco 60F £50
MOOG Opus3 £60
EKO Encore 49p £20

New

Arturia Microbrute £249
Doepfer Dark Energy £300

:)

omnisphere and reaktor jus' keep on giving :love:

Synthmaster. Oh my. I picked her up with so many discounts that I got the factory edition for 60$. She has brought so much to my tracks that I'd be willing to go back in time and tell myself to buy the full priced version.

Next is MUX. Best modular area ever. That's the end of it.

Oh and Rapture for 5$ is a nice touch :D
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Reaktor - really a ticket to a whole world of unique synth experiences.

Diva - gets used on everything, sounds analog, several classic synths in one, can make very futuristic sounds too

Hardware I'd have to say my MFB Nanozwerg. Single oscillator monosynth with 14 knobs and a few switches, but what little it has can be combined in so many neat ways, it does audio rate modulation (essential in an analog) and it just SOUNDS freaking amazing. It has a vocal sort of quality, multimode filter, and it has full PWM support, not just a half-arsed "amount" and "speed" settings, so you can get those needle PWM sounds <3
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Soft Synth has to be Alchemy. I think I paid £100 for it from another KVR user. It's added so much to every project i've worked on.

Hardware is a Nord Rack 2 which I got for £200 many years ago and before the N3 was released. I just love that there are no FX or sub menus. You just power it up and start shaping the sound.
Fight Apathy or don't.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Teisco 60F £50
MOOG Opus3 £60
:o
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

My highest value synth would also be my most expensive one - my Access Virus TI2. Expensive, yes, but I've probably gotten more mileage out of it than all my other hardware and software synths combined. In the software realm, it would probably be Alchemy, Blue, or Omnisphere, since those three get heavy use in my music as well, so I guess they all have a pretty high cost:benefit ratio.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Reaktor (running Molekular) and Synplant.

Good post. Got me thinking about the concept of "value". Does it mean a bargain purchase that turned out to be surprisingly useful? Or does it mean a go-to synth that's gotten a great deal of use regardless of price?

If the former, I'd have to nominate Martinic Combo Model V, the free Vox Continental emulation. I know you specified paid instruments, but this one's just too excellent to not mention. I would have happily paid for it.

But if the latter, the synth that gets used the most, that would have to be Omnisphere. Apologies to the skeptics who don't have it but nevertheless are certain it's an overpriced ROMpler. No, it's not a "bread 'n butter" instrument. But in terms of how many projects it finds a place in, Omnisphere is the clear winner. Take the (admittedly high) price and divide it by the number of projects and it definitely qualifies as a good value.

Timfonie wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Teisco 60F £50
MOOG Opus3 £60
:o
I know ... I found it impossible to not buy them. The previous owners had no use for them. :)

Return to “Instruments”