Does the average listener really care if its analog?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote:The average listener can't even spell analog.
Or analogue.

Like they used to say "You can get away with digital streaming in the pool, but an analog must be flushed."
Last edited by hueynym on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hueynym wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:The average listener can't even spell analog.
Or analogue.
Maybe the average listener might think this would be some kind of adult movie?
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

The average listener, does not listen, and actually uses music as a background noise to keep from listening to anything attentively. The masses are simply bodies that aren't really 'here' or 'there'.

And again,'analogue' is for literary discussions, 'analog' is for mechanical/electronic.
But use them as you will, it makes no real difference in the greater scheme of things...

BBFG# wrote:The average listener, does not listen, and actually uses music as a background noise to keep from listening to anything attentively. The masses are simply bodies that aren't really 'here' or 'there'.

And again,'analogue' is for literary discussions, 'analog' is for mechanical/electronic.
But use them as you will, it makes no real difference in the greater scheme of things...
Come on, you know as well as I do that people who don't spell it "analogue" are peasants playing with their toys who will never understand the true value of music and are doomed to repleatedly mispronounce the name Moog. :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote: Come on, you know as well as I do that people who don't spell it "analogue" are peasants playing with their toys who will never understand the true value of music and are doomed to repleatedly mispronounce the name Moog. :hihi:
Yes, it shuld be proncounced Mug ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Sendy wrote:mispronounce the name Moog. :hihi:
pish-tosh

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Sendy wrote: Come on, you know as well as I do that people who don't spell it "analogue" are peasants playing with their toys who will never understand the true value of music and are doomed to repleatedly mispronounce the name Moog. :hihi:
Yes, it shuld be proncounced Mug ;)
I like to pronounce it "Moneybags" :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
BBFG# wrote:The average listener, does not listen, and actually uses music as a background noise to keep from listening to anything attentively. The masses are simply bodies that aren't really 'here' or 'there'.

Come on, you know as well as I do that people who don't spell it "analogue" are peasants playing with their toys who will never understand the true value of music and are doomed to repleatedly mispronounce the name Moog. :hihi:
I just know that discussing it is one of the KVR pastimes in futility. And those that insist on using only the one spelling are Luddites not keeping with the realities of progress where spelling can denote the difference between two things. ;)
Moog, Mog, Mwg. oh-ah-ooh.
Or does the last kick it up north beyond English understanding? ;)
I speak English and American. :hihi:
And the English can't seem to ever pronounce 'taco' correctly!

It's pronounced "detto", right?

Sendy wrote:It's pronounced "detto", right?
Sure, sure, sure.
I had a teacher in my teens point out that all rules of spelling and pronunciation are null and void when concerning names and therefore are completely controlled by the persons wishes.

It is the only time a person can say it's spelled S-m-i-t-h and is pronounced Jones.

Bob Moog says he prefers the sound of 'oh' therefore that is the only way to pronounce the company named after it. :P

if it makes a sound, its analog.

beliefs are digital though.

BBFG# wrote: I just know that discussing it is one of the KVR pastimes in futility. And those that insist on using only the one spelling are Luddites not keeping with the realities of progress where spelling can denote the difference between two things.
Or are not American.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Well, when all is said and done, the only real difference between which spelling is used is in how much of an issue a person demands to make it. I would hate to think that all Euros were that petty. (Which I know they're not).

BBFG# wrote:Well, when all is said and done, the only real difference between which spelling is used is in how much of an issue a person demands to make it. I would hate to think that all Euros were that petty. (Which I know they're not).
That's interesting because the only person I saw here making a proclamation about which should be used where, was yourself.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Instruments”