Arturia Spark 2 Software is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@dermichl:
- velocity can be edited that way by pressing the step and the pad at the same time.
- timeshift and note repeat are currently not assignable to knob sorry.
- when editing automation the parameters keep their value from the step before.

Kevin

kevin, thank you for answering - will time shift and note repeat become assignable any time? to me programming rhythms means to change velocity / time shift single hits / add note repeats. so a dedicated drum controller like Spark should be able to do things like this with the hardware only ( no mouse action 'allowed' so to say ).

breakmixer wrote: BTW - the updated GUI looks nothing like the original Spark hardware - more like LE version
you can change this in the prefs

Has anyone received an e-mail yet regarding the special upgrade price for users of Spark Vintage or V-Collection 3.0?

I see the description on the Spark 2 page as "Users of Spark Vintage, Spark EDM, Spark Dubstep
will benefit from a specific upgrade offer."

nope :(
Finally!

Hi,

The e-mails have not been sent yet. At this stage I don't know if it will be sent in the next hours or tomorrow.

Once the "sent" button is pushed it can take hours to have all the recipients receiving the e-mail.

All the best,

Denis

am loving spark2...and i've barely scratched the surface. am mixing an EP, and... replaced almost all of the original drum tracks (mostly battery4 or logicX's ultrabeat) with S2..AND added some great guitar stabs, synth hits, weirdness...from S2.

GREAT plugin.

I have Spark LE (big fan of the product) and my V2 update didn't seem to go too well.
After I updated to V2 Spark has became very sluggish and it affects other plugins and my daw itself (Reaper 4 X64). Everytime I move the master XY pad or other parameters in spark everything just "freezes" graphically for two seconds. It's like the refresh rate of my monitor suddenly drops from 60hz to 0.5hz. All the plugins and Reaper itself "stops" graphically but I can still hear the sound properly This only happens if the GUI is open. If I close Spark GUI and automate the settings it's working like normal. This is really annoying and I have to say that while I appreciate all the new features and kits I am very disappointed that it's not working properly for me. I hope to see this get fixed as soon as possible. From all the plugins I own Spark is the only one that is doing this.

I must admit the current deal of $199 for Spark LE, which includes the controller and Spark 2, seems like a good deal. Might bite. Filter303, are you able to use that controller with any other software at all somehow or have you found it only usable for Spark?

How are the sounds in Spark2 compared to Spark? I already own Geist but have been thinking about some kind of drum synth for a while and it sounds like the Spark2 drum synth may actually be kind of cool.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

budweiser wrote:
breakmixer wrote: BTW - the updated GUI looks nothing like the original Spark hardware - more like LE version
you can change this in the prefs
OK - thanks - thought the default was it and they had done away with the large controller for good, maybe a new larger version is on it's way, now I want to check it out again tonight... :hyper:

Just trying the demo and i've read the manual, but is there any way to stop it switching between the two sets of steps (1-32 / 33-64) whilst its playing that sequence?

How much will an upgrade from VDM cost?

donato wrote:How much will an upgrade from VDM cost?
+1

:?: :?: :?:

marvotron wrote:Just trying the demo and i've read the manual, but is there any way to stop it switching between the two sets of steps (1-32 / 33-64) whilst its playing that sequence?
Hello Marvotron,

If using the controller: press the two arrows of "seq position" at the same time.

If using a mouse: right click on the "seq position" arrows.

If there are more solutions then Kevin will let you know!

All the best,

Denis

Ok, thanks. was trying to just work in the 'sequencer' tab, but it works (im not using the controller)

So, next question, is there a way to copy the first half of a pattern to the second half?

Often I like to build a rhythm with 1 or 2 bars then double its length and add some variation, is there any combination of mouse or keyboard that lets me do this?

Also the wet / dry on the compressor doesn't do anything. I was expecting it to be an easy way to setup parallel compression.

Return to “Instruments”