One-Synth-Challenge 63: VOPM (Ended)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VOPM

Preliminaries!

Results sheet is up here. I want to make sure people have time to review the data, and make sure it looks good. Probably best to leave a comment in the spreadsheet.

Go ahead and review, and I'll post the official standings in an hour or so.

Final Results! Jasinski is the Winner!
:party: :party: :party: :party: :hyper: :clap: :phones: :harp: :band: :band: :band2: :band2:

Congrats to everyone who completed this OSC. It was one of the more challenging ever in our history. VOPM was quite the beast. Are you guys ready to do VOPM again next month? :hihi: What I found really amazing was that nobody would know these were made with VOPM...

1st Place Gold Knob goes to: Jasinski - Vel Ocity Party Monster 128pts

2nd Place Silver Knob goes to: Photonic - Room Service 125pts

3rd Place Bronze Knob goes to: z.prime - VisuaLies 123pts

4th Place: Animehaus and H-man - Okawari 116pts

5th Place: J.Ruegg - Nacht Spaziergang 114pts

bh9090 - Exposed 107pts
Oxebe - Very Optimistically Played Melody 107pts
pedalsteeldrummer - Strawberries and Cream 106pts
Yeager - Vacation On Planet Mercury 105pts
Skyzone - Frozen Beauty 104pts
Loris DS - Steamroller 100pts
Shortmanb - Make It 98pts
TED209 - Deadline 97pts
flipm1967 - You Can Run But You Can't Hide 91pts
DzAH - CounterPHarmonic2 - Pour Out 89pts
psmacmur - Modul8 Her 87pts
Pulse Width Modulation - Algoritmo Cuatro Cha Cha Cha 86pts
DoctorBob - The Greek Gods 83pts
terebellum - Yellow Cake Submarine 81pts
ballacr75 - once again 78pts
Sizemore0409 - Visions Of Playful Madness 73pts
artao - Fuzzadub 70pts

Can I haz prizes? Now?
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize, and once done, whoever is next may announce until 5 prizes are chosen. You can't have it right now, it'll take some days, but be patient :hug:

Awesome work!! :) :harp: :harp: :violin: :band2: :band: :band: :band: :band: :band: :band2: :band2: :band2:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =341848536
Last edited by bjporter on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It is boring to say "well deserved" again - but it is more than true again !

Congraulations - well deserved Aaron !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It is realy hard to belive that your track is only done with VOPM. Your skill in sound design is amazing.

And also my biggest congratulation to z.prime, Animehaus and H-man and J.Ruegg for your top places. You all got the highest points from me and it is good to see, that the majority voted similar.

At last: Thank you very much for all the points I got from you. I am very happy about my second place :D :D
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

I guess I'm in second!

Big congratz to Jasinski, Photonic, Z.prime and J.Ruegg ....and to Animehaus of course :wink:

Thanks to everyone that voted for Okawari and of course to BJ and the team for keeping it all running so smoothly. Great month and such a high standard from everyone. :clap:

@Terebellum - loved your track. I know you like doing the broken musicbox / Scary-Clown thing but you do it sooo well :tu:

Well done everyone - especially the winners! As has been said already - hard to believe the sounds that have been coaxed out of VOPM!

I haven't even started on OSC 64 yet - need to get going!

Congrats to the winners! Very well deserved. I think you earned a meme! :hihi:
pants.jpg
And everyone else who persevered with VOPM deserves a meme too:
cowbell.jpg
:clown:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Congratulations Jasinski!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And great job to everyone who worked with VOPM! I could tell that people were working very hard to bring some excellent sound out of the plugin. Looking forward to seeing you all with Swierk.

Congratulations, Jasinski. You always deliver tracks with polish, creativity, and appeal...

I like to think my tracks have a bit of the polish these days, but as for the creativity and appeal aspects... *sigh*. Beware, I may be lurking nearby to steal your mojo! :)

And, special congratulations to Photonic. I sorta dismissed your track the first couple times I listened to it... but the 3rd or 4th time, I realized you got really, really good sounds out of VOPM. We don't have the same musical tastes, obviously, but I think you deserve the top for sound design with this synth. Those drums are marvelous and your composition is always top notch. If only I could figure out how to master progressions and melody like you...

As for the rest of you... Nice jobs all around, really. VOPM was a pain in the butt to use, high CPU, and overall one of the more difficult challenges; but it did have some ability to make nice sounds, you all exploited it in all kinds of creative ways. If any one wants me to steal your creativity mojo, I'll be happy to. I need as much as I can find! :)

First of all, special congratulations to Jasinki: honestly, man, your sound design is head and shoulders above everyone else. Totally deserved win! :clap:

Congratulations as well to Photonic, z.prime and J.Ruegg for being in the Top 5, but I believe everyone deserves many kudos here: as Jasinski commented well, there wasn't a single bad/boring entry this month, which is quite a feat, considering VOPM is far from being a friendly synth. :tu:

@terebellum: I agree "verbatim" with what H-Man said about your track. By far one of my favorite entries.

@oxebe: Really happy to have you back to the challenge, specially with such a great track.

And a special congrats/hugs to my pal H-Man: mate, it's been really a blast to do this 2nd collab with you. You have no idea how much you teached me throughout those last 2 months, not to mention the superb e-mail messages we exchanged during this time. :hyper: :hug:

Congratulations Jasinski, you entry was AMAZING!!!. :clap:
And congratulations Photonic, Z.Prime , AnimeHaus & H-man.

And thank you all for the votes and comments :D .

Congratulations to the winners.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Congrats Jasinski :party:

Congrats to all the winners - all my pick too! So my ears are still good!

See you all again in OSC 64!

db

wow- thanks guys! I really didn't expect to win. There were a lot of tracks that were top notch. Congratulations to photonic, z.prime, Animehaus and H-man, and j. ruegg too!

My prize selection: Luftrum's Diva soundset- "Luftrum 11"

Congrats to the winners!!! :clap: Amazing sounds...
I think it was huge effort from everyone to tame this synth and create so many great timbres!
Thanks to BJ Porter for smoothly running OSC!

@animehaus: Many thanks, bro. That's uplifting. That's not my last word, I hope. ;) See ya around...
: : vokje : : oxebe : :

Return to “Instruments”