One-Synth-Challenge 63: VOPM (Ended)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VOPM

BK1 wrote:Am I the only one who found VOPM really hard to understand/work with...?
Answered with another quote:
z.prime wrote:Anyway, VOPM was pretty crappy [to work with]
Yep. No noobness at all, it was pretty difficult to make it work for a whole track. :)

In answer to the question about VOPM hard to work with - yes, very much so when you are after a particular sound. It's so fussy, odd to work with and you never quite get there. I think most peeps found this - all except the master z.prime ;-)

This post is for those wanting to hear the orchestral version of my submission. Very rough mix (the bass is a bit to loud and the variation in the woodwinds need work). But, warts 'n' all, here it is.

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/greek- ... al-version

Enjoy - please comment on the SC track if you feel you would like to.

Rob

PS. Now V2 - strings EQ'd a bit to remove the harshness - contrabass mixed a little quieter, woodwind balance adjusted. Enjoy!
Last edited by doctorbob on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Our track... Okawari:

https://soundcloud.com/animehaus/animeh ... an-okawari

Track created for the KVR-OSC 63 (VOPM synth), another collaboration between Animehaus and Hokey.

After our amazing collab experience for OSC 62, we decided to give it a shot again, taking some unused leftovers as a starting point. Hence the name of the track, "Okawari", which means "second helping" in Japanese. :)

We hope you enjoy this little meal as much as we enjoyed all the preparation and cooking. ;)

DAW(s): Podium 3.2.4 and FL Studio 11.1.0

64 instances of VOPM

FX used:

Ambience
BlueARP
DCAMFreeComp
Density mkIII
epicverb
FerricTDS
Filtrate LE
FR-COMP 87
Fruity Bass Boost
Fruity Delay 2
Fruity Delay Bank
Fruity Filter
Fruity Limiter
Fruity Parametric EQ2
Fruity Peak Controller
Fruity Reeverb 2
IVGI
Limiter6
Lookahead Limiter
LoudMax
Maximus
OldSkoolVerb
Patcher
ReaComp
ReaGate
Signal Analyzer
Sleepy-Time Dual Panner
Sleepy-Time Transient
SlickHDR
Soundgoodizer
TAL Reverb III
TAL Tube
ValhallaFreqEchoMkI
Wave Candy
zPEQ
zReverb

I know I'm new here, but I gotta be honest .......
I'm not too thrilled about the deadline extension. I know the forum was down for a couple hours last night. However, perhaps if people hadn't waited until the last minute to submit their works, the problem could've been avoided.
Yes, I know I coulda spent the day (and yesterday) polishing my track a bit more. But I called it "done" on Thursday and got it in on time.
I dunno. I just find it a bit irritating is all.
Sorry.
good luck to everyone. some pretty darn good tracks in this lot.
OH! is there any way to download them ALL as a .zip? Or will i hafta go thru Soundcloud and DL every one individually? .. I'll definitely DL them all for sound quality. I don't know what Soundcloud does to tracks, but I do know that my track sounds better from my original file I used to upload TO Soundcloud.
Anyone got any tips for how to format an upload for Soundcloud? I used .ogg at the highest quality setting, and my track comes in at about 16 megs. However, I see that some other similar-length tracks come in around 40-50 megs!

That's all from me for now. =]

EDIT:
Actually, it occurs to me that altho the KVR forums were down, Soundcloud was not. .. And isn't that REALLY where the submissions take place? To post the submission here in the forum, it already has to be up on Soundcloud.
:?
i dunno ... it just seems a bit unfair. ... even tho, sure, we all coulda kept working on our tracks today. .. But then many of us DID bust our butts to get it done and in on time.

z.prime wrote:
BK1 wrote:Am I the only one who found VOPM really hard to understand/work with...?
Answered with another quote:
z.prime wrote:Anyway, VOPM was pretty crappy [to work with]
Yep. No noobness at all, it was pretty difficult to make it work for a whole track. :)
I started (barely) to work on an entry for this one, but I quickly realized that I was WAY out of my depth trying to work with this synth. I did accidentally come up with a couple of interesting sounds but that's as far as I got.

It prompted me to start playing with Sytrus, but I just don't think I'll ever be smart enough to wrap my head around FM.

Can't wait for a subtractive VA OSC or anything else I can actually understand :-)

artao wrote:I know I'm new here, but I gotta be honest .......
I've made note of your complaint. And BTW congrats for completing your first OSC :)

1 Hour Left for Submissions

Greets all,

What a month and what a synth. Stable, stubborn :lol: and definitely put the "challenge" back in One-Synth-Challenge.

Again we worked across two DAWs although this time the final product was assembled and mixed in FL Studio, with it's separation of the Patterns, channels, channel settings, channel states, tracks-lanes, clips and mixer/FX strips.

Seriously, it’s like a DAW version of Where’s Wally! :x

Anyway we got there and now, as always I look forward to listening to all your tracks and I hope you enjoy our effort as well.

Ben

H-man wrote:What a month and what a synth. Stable, stubborn :lol: and definitely put the "challenge" back in One-Synth-Challenge.
Good to hear :)

ok, Submissions Closed - Voting will open later. Stay tuned.

bjporter wrote:
I've made note of your complaint. And BTW congrats for completing your first OSC :)
I don't mean to be a complainer, sorry. I did wait all day to think about it before posting that. :ud:

And thanks! It was definitely challenging, but fun. There's some great submissions here. Some are truly stunning.
I look forward to an OSC with a more "useable" synth. :P

artao wrote:
bjporter wrote:
I don't mean to be a complainer, sorry. I did wait all day to think about it before posting that. :ud:

And thanks! It was definitely challenging, but fun. There's some great submissions here. Some are truly stunning.
I look forward to an OSC with a more "useable" synth. :P
Well your wait is over my friend: https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-64-swierk

Enjoy :)

bjporter wrote: Well your wait is over my friend: https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-64-swierk

Enjoy :)
Yeah, I noticed that after I posted.
SWEET!! I do like Swierk. I've played with it just a little prior to this.
:party: :tu: :hyper: :clap: :hug:

Ok Everyone - let's do some Voting!!! Click Here to Start

Notes: PM me if you have any technical issues

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

voted!

Voted !

I am surprised, that I have to give so many higher votes. I did not like VOPM when I heard it the first time. But this group is amazing in showing the, sometimes hidden, potential of any synth!

Respect to all.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Return to “Instruments”