DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

MSEG instead of LFO?
Yes, that is possible of course. :tu:

Kriminal wrote:i had an idea to make a wavetable from randon clips of music. Of course, they are not tuned, and dont loop correctly (they are not 'cycles') but they can be quite useful for ambient/soundscape/weird pad noises

here's one i just made using David Bowies 'Life On Mars' (6 samples in the Wavetable)

the LFO is scanning the WT, and ive added some onboard Delay/Verb. Long notes and WT scanning means you dont get the odd loop sound so much

http://soundcloud.com/kriminal-dave2/kriminal-dune2-lom

it may be possible to make the samples stereo and reverse one channel, then save as Mono, to help with the loop, i'll try that later
interesting...sound similar (but not identical !) to the sounds you can create with the image synth room of Metasynth when mapped with harmonic series based with simplest waveforms (sinus)

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't really get that IVA thingy. Some EU companies charge EU customers IVA, others don't...
You're talking about VAT I assume? VAT is always there between business and customer inside EU, except for a few exceptions. It's usually baked into the price already, for example in my country you can't advertise with a tax free price if it's targeted for regular customers, that would be misleading marketing.

But, for some reason if you have a valid VAT number (ie you have your own VAT eligible firm), you don't need to pay tax between two EU countries.

Kriminal wrote:Can you not use an MSEG instead?
Didn't occur to me to be honest, lol.

Cool wavetable btw.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

OMG I'm absolutely loving this!. Amazing sound, features, easy to program. This is the bread-and-butter synth I've been looking for to replace Sylenth1.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Mon May 19, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raymondwave wrote:misleading marketing
Don't wake up sleeping dogs....

Anyway, when adding the line "Starting from xy $" one is on the safe side in countries where consumer protection is still taken serious. While all of these thoughts will become romantic history upon the launch of TTIP anyway. But this is another topic... ;)

While i did participate in beta testing and factory sounds for DUNE 1 i did not partipate with DUNE 2 for some reasons where one was working on other projects.

Anyway i was contacted by Richard and received a free NFR copy of DUNE 2 now.
I'll do my best to help with future updates and also to procide some content like e.g. patches and/or wavetables (this will be my main interest with DUNE 2...).

I had published a first wavetable done in Audio Term at the previous page.
Will also check with the wavetable tool at the Beta forum.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

showing dune gui is stressing the cpu to 99´%
I am on win xp sp3 , a verry old computer but apart from this ussie , everthing else is behaving wonderffull ...
Maybe it's becauseof the demo version
It really shows that dune is coded verry efficiently /optimized ...except the gui
Anyone else experiecing the same problem ...
so ..congrats synapse audio ...with this wonderfull synth/quality filters etc.....just getrid of the awfull fisher price toy like gui .. make it more minimal looking ..
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

raymondwave wrote:What I was a bit surprised about the pricing was the currency difference.
In US currency (to illustrate the problem):

For us EU-ropeans the upgrade costs 114 USD incl. VAT
Without tax (but with 'local' prize): 95 USD

We need an uncle in America... :cry:

Sendy wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Can you not use an MSEG instead?
Didn't occur to me to be honest, lol.

Cool wavetable btw.
Thanks.

Kriminal wrote:i had an idea to make a wavetable from randon clips of music. Of course, they are not tuned, and dont loop correctly (they are not 'cycles') but they can be quite useful for ambient/soundscape/weird pad noises

here's one i just made using David Bowies 'Life On Mars' (6 samples in the Wavetable)

the LFO is scanning the WT, and ive added some onboard Delay/Verb. Long notes and WT scanning means you dont get the odd loop sound so much

http://soundcloud.com/kriminal-dave2/kriminal-dune2-lom

it may be possible to make the samples stereo and reverse one channel, then save as Mono, to help with the loop, i'll try that later

Edit: just tried, it works well... 8)

edited the original samples and remade the WT. Here it is along with the patch.

https://app.box.com/s/c1xzafp9jtqco1d90gdw

very good wavetable, it remind me of ultran !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28jRCYY ... e=youtu.be

A short video shows how to build with Audio Term wavetables for Dune2. In this part waveforms are painted.
Last edited by PietW. on Wed May 07, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW. wrote:The wavetable folder in dune2 also allows subfolders. So many folders can be used with different wavetables. In wavetable folder simply open new folders.
Hi Piet,

thanks for the hint.
This is indeed useful for storing my own wavetables in a new folder to keep them seperated from the factory content.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”