VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Krakatau wrote:
Markus808 wrote:
https://soundcloud.com/markus808-1/moments-in-dune-2

Of course, the original song is "Moments In Love" by The Art Of Noise (1984), produced by ace producer Trevor Horn!

Cheers
Markus808
:)
From the album "In no sense, nonsense"

:tu: ...great demo !
Thank you!

BTW I think it's rather from their first album, "Who''s Afraid Of The Art Of Noise"! :wink:

Congrats on the release! The GUI is one of the smartest I've seen. Sounds like good old VA hardware. Nice.

Using the Dune 2 demo in FL Studio, if I move a knob in dune2 and "link to controller" then move a fader on my music keyboard, it's not working. The fader does not move the knob in Dune 2. Is this a demo limitation or a bug? Thanks!
Play it by ear

raymondwave wrote:Would be great to have an "undo" button btw. Now that I've gone deeper into programming sounds with unison voices, one needs to be ultra careful not to tweak ALL voices when it comes to parameters you've tweaked separately in other voices.

It's too easy to ruin the whole patch with one hasty mouse click :).
Agreed. Yesterday I set up 8 different filters (1-8) and then hit "all", which is next to "1" and it replaced all 8 filters with the same filter type. It would be very easy to touch "all" by accident.
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:Using the Dune 2 demo in FL Studio, if I move a knob in dune2 and "link to controller" then move a fader on my music keyboard, it's not working. The fader does not move the knob in Dune 2. Is this a demo limitation or a bug? Thanks!
Probably demo limitation, since demo is not automatable either.

Another Dune 2 "demo" track. It's not all Dune 2, but the bassline, the acidy stuff, the "horn" bassline that pops in, and half of the chippy stuff is all Dune 2. So that's most of it bar the drums.

The big phasey sucky patch was the first proper patch I made, and the arpeggio over the top was the second. I think that's the fastest a synth has ever inspired a track for me.

The arp overtop of it is the "staircase" wavetable, with filter FM which causes the filter to "munch away" at the wave from left to right when you look at it on a scope. It's sounds like these that make me want to make music videos based entirely on waveform displays.

https://soundcloud.com/sendy/switchback-loop-version

Note that this is just a sketch, though I've got most of the mixing done.

I really like how you can get ducked reverb by placing the compressor after the reverb, setting the reverb to be mixed in low, then whacking the shit out of the comp.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

raymondwave wrote:
Chris-S wrote:put LFO amt to 100, ModMatrix amt to 100, OSC PW to 75% (12 o'clock).
Actually he goes then from 50% to 0% and back to 50%, but this is the same as 0% to 100% due to symmetry. :tu:
I was actually quickly trying to do this myself also, but didn't immediately get my head around it so I moved on try other stuff. It works the way you said, but I think it goes a bit different than how you explain.

Dune 2 PWM starts from 50% (equal widths) and goes to 100%, that's why you need to set it at 75% which is in the middle of the scale for the LFO to cycle correctly.

Dune 1 had 0% to 100% where equal width square is also the starting point 50 %, but it goes down to 0 % which Dune 2 doesn't.

If you check with a scope, you see that v2 does a half a cycle only, while v1 does a full cycle.

Getting a full cycle as in V1 was something i asked for during beta, but was fobbed off.... apparently 15% is the same as 85% :roll:

pheeleep wrote:
raymondwave wrote:Would be great to have an "undo" button btw. Now that I've gone deeper into programming sounds with unison voices, one needs to be ultra careful not to tweak ALL voices when it comes to parameters you've tweaked separately in other voices.

It's too easy to ruin the whole patch with one hasty mouse click :).
Agreed. Yesterday I set up 8 different filters (1-8) and then hit "all", which is next to "1" and it replaced all 8 filters with the same filter type. It would be very easy to touch "all" by accident.
This was discussed during Beta and the suggestion was made to move the "All" button. Do you think that would help ? I've done the same thing many times but I guess it comes down to discipline......you have to check what you're editing.

I often wish that soloing a voice would select it for edit but the problem with that is you can solo more than one voice.....many times I've soloed a voice but forgot to select it for edit and ended up editing the wrong voice....user error to be sure.......

I guess we just have to develop the discipline to make sure we're editing the right voice or "All" if we want unless or until someone comes up with a better solution......... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

pheeleep wrote:Using the Dune 2 demo in FL Studio, if I move a knob in dune2 and "link to controller" then move a fader on my music keyboard, it's not working. The fader does not move the knob in Dune 2. Is this a demo limitation or a bug? Thanks!
It works fine with the full version here in FL Studio 11.1 so it must be a demo limitation....... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks Tek!

My preference for the "all" button is that when you click it, a confirmation pops up asking "are you sure?". The pop up could be optional (the user could chose to disable it and have the change made as soon as "All" is touched).
Play it by ear

Markus808 wrote:DUNE 2 is a great sounding synth, much fun to play (even on my old Acer Aspire 1810T notebook)!

I made a short tune with 7 instances of DUNE 2, no additional sounds or effects whatsoever:

https://soundcloud.com/markus808-1/dune2-space-disco

BTW nice tunes Michael Kastrup & Saukar30!

Cheers
Markus808
:)
Nice. Sounds analogue.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

pheeleep wrote:Thanks Tek!

My preference for the "all" button is that when you click it, a confirmation pops up asking "are you sure?". The pop up could be optional (the user could chose to disable it and have the change made as soon as "All" is touched).
That could work.....especially with the option to turn it off but how would that help if you want to edit voice 2 but have voice 1 selected ? :)

How about having to click two buttons at the same time in order to avoid accidents? 8)

Thanks for the feedback, v1o!

And here's one more demo track, again all sounds and effects were made with Dune 2, plus a limiter on master track (the first - ambient - part of the track was made using some nice pads, the second part is the groove):

https://soundcloud.com/markus808-1/dune ... nce-groove

Kriminal wrote:I fail to see the point of a kybd (and PB/MW) on the gui. Everyone must have a controller...unless you're a non-musician
There's lots of people who compose entirely on the piano roll. And do so quite successfully. In fact the piano roll is a powerful tool you can write parts impossible to play on a keyboard.
I always have a controller infront of me, so never use the gui kybd. If all else fails i use the qwerty kybd. For testing and patch building, real keys are a must. I can use the mouse to alter params while still playing keys.
On instruments like Kontakt the GUI keyboard shows you all the key switches and where all the different instruments in a multi-timbral patch are laid out.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”