DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Sendy wrote:(Really, I'm just looking for an excuse to trot out this chart, because I spent an hour on it ages ago, lol)
:lol:

Great attitude. :tu:

And nice chart. ;)

Delfinoverde wrote:Sorry to say that but the DUNE2 demo installer MAC is a real crap! :evil:
I installed the demo but the Content (Soundbanks etc…) are missing. So the Plug-In crashes the host. No clear indication where to copy the folder "Content". The PDF says this location: Mac OS X > Music/Synapse Audio/Dune 2/Soundbanks

Please next time state it clear before making a package! :?
Sorry to hear about this problem, however, the minimum supported OS X version is 10.6 and above. For the versions 10.5 and lower the installer may not work properly.

Some DUNE2 sounds I did. The first and third basses and the 1 lead sound use the Sallen Key filters, which do a pretty good job of getting some kind of analogish type resonance thing going. The last two sounds are digital goodness.
https://app.box.com/s/42u4nb4o3h2yiqv56te3

raymondwave wrote:Also, I don't know if v1 pwm goes narrower than v2, but it sounds like it when you modulate with lfo with full 100 in matrix.
Yep that is correct, it went all the way to silence. Quite a few complained about that though, pointing out that no analog synth does this. Hence we changed it in V2 :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote:
raymondwave wrote:Also, I don't know if v1 pwm goes narrower than v2, but it sounds like it when you modulate with lfo with full 100 in matrix.
Yep that is correct, it went all the way to silence. Quite a few complained about that though, pointing out that no analog synth does this. Hence we changed it in V2 :)

Richard
You could have limited it 5% -95%

raymondwave wrote: I actually tried with Dune v1 and 15 % vs 85 % sound very much different :).
One single oscillator? I don't hear any difference on Dune1.

So far the demo presets didnt manage to get me excited enough. first session trying to figure out the interface were okay, but ultimately i seem to have stumbled on a bug. could draw adsr curves in mseg1 but soundwise the sound remained flat/the same. oh well, we'll see how the next session turns out. loving dune 1 btw.
Finally!

Chris-S wrote:
raymondwave wrote: I actually tried with Dune v1 and 15 % vs 85 % sound very much different :).
One single oscillator? I don't hear any difference on Dune1.
You're right, damn. I wonder what I did yesterday, was it another synth or did I misdial something.

So yes, it's correct, no difference in sound pwm 15% or 85% in Dune v1.

(Too much work, too little sleep).

The god damn detuning on this synth is freaking glorious. I just... words fail me. It's beautiful. Especially when you modulate the detune amount, you get a sort of psychedelic drowsy effect, like audio drugs :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

elassi wrote:
Sendy wrote:(Really, I'm just looking for an excuse to trot out this chart, because I spent an hour on it ages ago, lol)
:lol:

Great attitude. :tu:

And nice chart. ;)
Thanks :). It's earned it's keep now. It can go into retirement for another year.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

lets bump this up while its quiet around here

having a ton of fun sampling for new wavetables, too easy to let 4 hours slip by infront of the pc....i should have been in the other room on my hardware :dog:

intro wrote: Sorry to hear about this problem, however, the minimum supported OS X version is 10.6 and above. For the versions 10.5 and lower the installer may not work properly.
But at the start of the release it was saying: MAC OSX 10.5.8 on your site.
That's annoying :? , you could at least specify WHERE the content can be installed manually.

Delfinoverde wrote:you could at least specify WHERE the content can be installed manually
The content is installed automatically, so no need to move it manually.

Return to “Instruments”