DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Kriminal wrote:Wonder why he said 'here' then, and not 'there'...
Possibly a ypo :hihi:
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

I also find the reverb very good. Not at all as metallic as many of the free ones, or native host reverbs.

raymondwave wrote: (I was talking about here KVR, I just registered today since I assume this forum will have more discussion of Dune 2 than gearslutz).
Aaaah, made me look a tit in front of Kriminal. Thanks :hihi:

You'll probably get better feedback by joining the Synapse forum.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Just went through the 64 demo presets- WOW!!!! :wheee: Definitely going to be picking this one up. The price is very reasonable and I actually like the large GUI....great for my 45 year-old eyes. :tu: Great job Synapse!!!!! :)

zvenx wrote:I assume like me, Frank (4damind) is running demo version of Dune 2.
is anyone running the 64 bit version on Cubendo in the demo mode that it is running fine?

It is crashing Nuendo 64 bit I have installed on my system, almost like tone2 stuff was crashing before their ilok fix. I am wondering if there is a issue in the demo version's protection system.

Runs fine on the mac cubase 64bit.

thanks
rsp
Yes that is very likely, since you mention PC/Cubendo/Tone 2. If it is what I think it is it'll be fixed in few minutes, but we have to check.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

cytospur wrote:
raymondwave wrote: (I was talking about here KVR, I just registered today since I assume this forum will have more discussion of Dune 2 than gearslutz).
Aaaah, made me look a tit in front of Kriminal. Thanks :hihi:

You'll probably get better feedback by joining the Synapse forum.
:hihi:

Now that I looked at the manual I'm a bit surprised that Presonus Studio One is not on the "tested hosts" list. I've come across some bugs already, but never ran into a single problem with Dune v1. Probably the most stable plugin I've used.

Richard_Synapse wrote:
goodkat wrote:I'm guessing you guys that are saying that this thing has a moderate CPU hit are playing the synth in real time (practically), with <5ms buffers, right?

In that case, you probably have audio interfaces with decent drivers. Because, with my E-MU card, the pops are there. The rest of my PC is pretty strong (i7 and all the good stuff), so I guess it's a question of the ASIO driver.

(The CPU hit is rather significant, but I blame the ASIO driver mostly.)
On Windows, the driver and overall system configuration is extremely important for low-latency multi-threading. Too much stuff running in the background (gaming platforms, big/inefficient AV packages, etc) can hurt performance. I believe that our multi-threading code is as good as it gets- on our PCs we measured worst-case thread switching times in the microsecond range consistently, which means that the voice throughput approaches 4x on a quad core - great for pads.

Native Instruments has a great website for optimizing Windows performance:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/su ... rocessing/

This is actually what I used for my own PC with success :)

Richard
Thanks a lot for chiming in, Richard, but I'm afraid this is kinda like receiving advice on how to save some money, that goes something like: "if you give up cigarettes and booze, you'll be able to save an X amount of money every month!" Great! But, what if I already don't smoke or drink?

That is, I know about those optimizations. That stuff is second nature to me. :)

The system is already optimized.

Even with the lousy E-MU drivers, I can run a full studio setup with three samplers posing for bass, drums and percussions (30+ channels), two instances of Korg M1 (), one instance of Atmosphere, 30+ instances of Pro-Q and two instances of ValhallaDSP Room .... and then FOUR instances of DUNE 1.4 with polyphony turned all the way up in every way, and I can play them in real time .... without pretty much any clicks ever (and that's only because the E-MU driver is rather lousy; I don't say that in a bad way, but they have stopped the support in 2009, and that can't be good for today's applications). The buffer is set to 5ms. if I raise it to 12ms, I can add four more instances of DUNE with the same amount of polyphony.

With DUNE 2, I hear clicks and pops with the DUNE 1 level of polyphony, let alone with what the new version is capable of.

I honestly do believe DUNE 2 is highly optimized, but it just doesn't perform all that well on my system (not even close to how DUNE 1.4 performs anyway).

Richard_Synapse wrote:
zvenx wrote:I assume like me, Frank (4damind) is running demo version of Dune 2.
is anyone running the 64 bit version on Cubendo in the demo mode that it is running fine?

It is crashing Nuendo 64 bit I have installed on my system, almost like tone2 stuff was crashing before their ilok fix. I am wondering if there is a issue in the demo version's protection system.

Runs fine on the mac cubase 64bit.

thanks
rsp
Yes that is very likely, since you mention PC/Cubendo/Tone 2. If it is what I think it is it'll be fixed in few minutes, but we have to check.

Richard
Hi Richard, I created a bug report with a nuendo dump...on your site.
I bought it and the full version behaves the same way.
rsp
sound sculptist

Loving Dune 2, rich and creamy...just my cup of tea.

Any chance of a cheeky crossgrade from Antidote? ;)

Absolutely love it! I like everything about this.Going to get this as soon as I can afford it.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Full version: Fantastic synth, superb sound :love: ! Definitely worth the upgrade from Dune 1.

64-bit VST DUNE 2 plug-in working absolutely flawless on my PC, windows 7 64-bit, Cubase 7.5 64-bit.

I am using a core i7-990X with 24GB
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Richard_Synapse wrote: DUNE 2 is finally available!
The beast is out now :D Congratulations.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

creative design, good sound... a sweet sound design playground!

Is there some way to save/load unison layers? Since the unison engine basically lets you layer presets, seems like an obvious option. How about saving and loading osc's and mseg's?

I have not come across these options, but maybe they are not available in the demo?

Looks good, but the upgrade price will keep me from buying this for the time being.

Return to “Instruments”