DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Yorrrrrr and Ingonator.
Ok. I'm glad that I'm not blind. Copy and paste should be really implemented yet.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

fisherKing wrote:
mcnoone wrote:Here's a zip of 25 DUNE2 presets I've created.
Hope you all enjoy them.
>These Sounds
https://app.box.com/s/9yryw90gw6utrjnoqz1k
nice, thanx! will check them out this weekend...
great synth, for real.
Great. Hope you like them. :)
Richard_Synapse wrote:Thanks for sharing! Like especially the lead sounds

Richard
Thanks.
You've done a real good job with Dune2.
I especially like the new FM module, voice stack features, reverb and other effects.
Just wish it had those additional FM type knobs from Dune1 that could feed into the oscillators, as well.

DejaVu Sound made a new demo with DUNE 2, this one 100% trance-free :D

https://soundcloud.com/synapseaudio/dun ... matic-demo
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Oh man, I love this signature preset (2:25). :D

A new Set of Wavetables for DUNE2. Create with AudioTerm, PPG Waveterm VST and PPG Wavegenerator.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-893 ... AL.7z.html
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Thanks PietW. It is nice to see DUNE 2 grow stronger.

I like the direction this bass sound is going.
A bit more work, and it might just make a good moog bass patch.
It's really a testament to the potential of this synth imo.
https://app.box.com/s/gqbwz213163c1k4n32a1

Although I'll post in on the Synapse forum as well.
The Key tracking in the mod matrix is not working for me in Dune2.
I just compared it to Dune1 and it's not working.
It seems no different than if I used the Const- setting.
This is on mac os, 10.6.8

Should definitely work, I've used it in quite a few patches. :)

It does work different from Dune 1. The base note is C-1, so it works from the lowest key to the highest, not around the middle C. One simple way to test it is to set Cutoff to zero then apply 100% keytracking to Cutoff from the mod matrix.

Also new is Frequency Track, which is the same as Keytrack except it works on a log scale. Very useful as an alternative to the linear keytracking.

Richard

Richard_Synapse wrote:Should definitely work, I've used it in quite a few patches. :)

It does work different from Dune 1. The base note is C-1, so it works from the lowest key to the highest, not around the middle C. One simple way to test it is to set Cutoff to zero then apply 100% keytracking to Cutoff from the mod matrix.

Also new is Frequency Track, which is the same as Keytrack except it works on a log scale. Very useful as an alternative to the linear keytracking.

Richard
That's the problem then. It should work like it did in Dune1, because it's not cutting at the right notes. The previous audio clip I posted is a good example.
The lower notes lose the bass, but the higher notes have too much.
When I tried to apply keytracking to the amp level in that one voice patch it raised both the lower bass end, and the higher notes as well.
Wish it was set to the middle C as it was in Dune1 then.

mcnoone wrote:That's the problem then. It should work like it did in Dune1, because it's not cutting at the right notes. The previous audio clip I posted is a good example.
The lower notes lose the bass, but the higher notes have too much.
When I tried to apply keytracking to the amp level in that one voice patch it raised both the lower bass end, and the higher notes as well.
Wish it was set to the middle C as it was in Dune1 then.
We could make it configurable, but the base key shouldn't really matter. You could set the amp level to zero (perhaps even a negative value), the result should be exactly the same as setting it to center while the base key is middle C. In the latter case key tracking is going to lower the parameter value for keys below middle C. Somewhat unintuitive, even more so when applying negative keytracking.

Furthermore, when keytracking works from the bottom up as in Dune 2, you know that any key tracking you apply is not going to impact lower keys much, so you can just ignore them. With middle C tuning any key track change impacts two halves of the keyboard range, which means you have to constantly test low and high notes, very fiddly to design patches this way (ihmo). Mathematically speaking it's all the same though. :)

Richard

This question is a bit off topic, but here it goes:

What will happen to Dune 1? Is it worth investing in preset bundles for Dune 1 of will Dune 1 become abandonware after a while?

Question is, do you like to hear DUNE 1 and do you like to play with it.
It sounds greate and there are delicious presets out there.

Ask your selfe.

Do you like to make music with it still?

Cheers
classic

manducator wrote:This question is a bit off topic, but here it goes:

What will happen to Dune 1? Is it worth investing in preset bundles for Dune 1 of will Dune 1 become abandonware after a while?
I know for a fact that I won't make another bank for DUNE 1 as I'm already working on one for v2.
That being said, Dune 1 is a great synth. It's just that v2 is better in every way.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

I think the only thing is missing right now is a Global filter that operates independently from other filters. This one could be added to the FX section within one of the other effects (EQ, for instance, as there are enough space to place a few knobs more)

Return to “Instruments”