u-he Bazille Release Date Announced!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

Well, you made me scroll up the page... Took me a couple of seconds since I blocked this person months ago.
I just can't support supremacists and even find myself questioning others that do.
Look at the name, look at the attitude, and consider the source.
(And sorry, but I still don't have a clue of what was actually said. Neither do I want to.)

I find this is a synth I want just in it's educational value.
The fact that it sounds great and comes from a great company is just icing on the cake!

I really like the new skin and features, the new filters sound a lot different.

BBFG# wrote:Well, you made me scroll up the page... Took me a couple of seconds since I blocked this person months ago.
I just can't support supremacists and even find myself questioning others that do.
Look at the name, look at the attitude, and consider the source.
(And sorry, but I still don't have a clue of what was actually said. Neither do I want to.)
!
Supremacists?

BBFG# wrote: I find this is a synth I want just in it's educational value.
The fact that it sounds great and comes from a great company is just icing on the cake!
Modular is not a programming strength with me. And the smaller ones don't
inspire me as much. I like what this one offers.

Blue-eyed Blonde Ape wrote:Wait for official "proper" maybe pop demos and uninspired blip demos, lol
Until then monkey reigns, wonder how much interest bazille would have without those videos, apart from a few fanboy devotees, I wouldn't definitely be interested in forum blips as a new user to whom bazille would say nothing, first video probably even pushed a few to "pre-buy" it.
Wonder how many EDM guys official demos will push to buy it, good luck out doing drumtrax, lol
So wait for official while I destroy everything in my path
By the way monkey is back! fit fit fit :hyper: lol
fluxmind

I finally had some more time to spend with Bazille :)
It's really quite awesome!

As a few other earlier in this thread (or one of the other Bazille threads), I tried to come up with some pads, as that's a thing one wouldn't really expect to hear from this synth :)

Some Pads

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:As a few other earlier in this thread (or one of the other Bazille threads), I tried to come up with some pads, as that's a thing one wouldn't really expect to hear from this synth :)

Some Pads
Wow! Great. Reminds me of Xymox.

Bronto Scorpio wrote:I finally had some more time to spend with Bazille :)

As a few other earlier in this thread (or one of the other Bazille threads), I tried to come up with some pads, as that's a thing one wouldn't really expect to hear from this synth :)

Some Pads

Cheers
Dennis
Deep atmospherics. Nice.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Thanks!

Bazille is supposed to be very digital, but I find it to be great mostly for those dirty, gritty lofi thingies :hihi:
The multible points at which the signal can be overdriven and the many ways of implementing chaotic/recursive stuff for modulation and audio signals are very usefull for that kind of stuff!

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:I finally had some more time to spend with Bazille :)

Some Pads

Cheers
Dennis
Nice :tu:

I'm having a lot of fun with Bazille!
I'm currently trying to push the sequencer to its limits :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Is it me or are the sync sounds you get with the "fractal resonance" really unique? I want to say "zippy" but not in the sense of zipper noise, but in the sense of it has a very kinetic kind of "zipping about" feel to it. As a sync connesseur I'm digging it. The sequencer, I'm still getting my head around. I've worked out the taps and how they work, but haven't managed to get it to trigger envelopes yet.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Is it me or are the sync sounds you get with the "fractal resonance" really unique? I want to say "zippy" but not in the sense of zipper noise, but in the sense of it has a very kinetic kind of "zipping about" feel to it.
It might be apocryphal but I read somewhere the nuanced shapes of the base-frequency windows for the Res distortions and the fractal modes were the end result of Casio's attempts to impart Moog-ish filter characteristics on the sound. A particularly ingenious twist on a technique for soft sync in any case.

xh3rv wrote:
Sendy wrote:Is it me or are the sync sounds you get with the "fractal resonance" really unique? I want to say "zippy" but not in the sense of zipper noise, but in the sense of it has a very kinetic kind of "zipping about" feel to it.
It might be apocryphal but I read somewhere the nuanced shapes of the base-frequency windows for the Res distortions and the fractal modes were the end result of Casio's attempts to impart Moog-ish filter characteristics on the sound. A particularly ingenious twist on a technique for soft sync in any case.
Well, the res waveforms stuff sines into one of three window functions (saw, triangle, trapezoid). Our fractal resonance stuffs an arbitrary waveform through this. I think Symptohm has a similar feature (not sure about the windows), and then there's Rayblaster which uses different Windows and stuffs samples in there, albeit using a different phase IIRC. I'm quite sure Bazille could do a similarly convincing chain saw sound.

The only problem with Casio's resonant waveforms is they're either full resonance or off. A volume control for the internal sine could have added more nuance. I'm sure this is probably possible in Bazille by lining up a square wave with the resonance wave and using AM to cut the volume for the res portion of the cycle.

Return to “Instruments”