u-he Bazille Release Date Announced!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

samsam wrote:15 minutes of no progress seems to indicate that my brain is too small for this synth,
It is just different... it takes some getting used to if you have no experience.

I got that dirty little purchase detail taken care of as of now. I have 100% faith in Urs and company. Now...to actually install the beta... :tu:

what the heck, I just activated my ACE demo while I was there. :hihi:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Oh yeah. This GUI is beautiful. I'm stoked. I think it was mentioned, but I noticed that when I step up the size to Large 1830 x 1080, it's just a tiny bit shy of fitting on my 27" monitor. Not sure what my rez is set to. Just a tiny reduction in vertical dimension and it would fit. As it stands, the bottom row of knobs are difficult to reduce, as there is no where for my curser to go down. Not a biggie. I'm gonna have some fun...

Did I mention that this thing looks great? :party:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

I might just buy this.. it's actually far better than I expected. Oh and by the way the spring reverb is freaking incredible!

Will Bazille get a Audio input ?
:borg:

woah, im really interested in this, but without presets to figure it out imma stay away :D, no, not that it's bad, i think if you dont understand va synths etc. fully you dontneed to concentrate on modular synths, im soooooo excited about this cause U-He are awesome!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:woah, im really interested in this, but without presets to figure it out imma stay away :D, no, not that it's bad, i think if you dont understand va synths etc. fully you dontneed to concentrate on modular synths, im soooooo excited about this cause U-He are awesome!
There were presets when I installed it. I suppose they could be the same as the old beta version but I thought they had to be manually converted. Can someone clear that up, please?

-Sam

masterhiggins wrote:
Caine123 wrote:woah, im really interested in this, but without presets to figure it out imma stay away :D, no, not that it's bad, i think if you dont understand va synths etc. fully you dontneed to concentrate on modular synths, im soooooo excited about this cause U-He are awesome!
There were presets when I installed it. I suppose they could be the same as the old beta version but I thought they had to be manually converted. Can someone clear that up, please?

-Sam
If you had presets from the old alpha version, those will still be there, but there are not new presets included yet...

Old presets will not be exactly the same with the new beta. If you used the LFO they might not be set correctly because the old LFO waveform was set in the LFO, and now the LFO module has separate outputs for different waveforms. The new way is much more flexible. You can use LFO triangle for one parameter and the square for another. You can also combine them into new shapes with the multiples.

Previously there were 4 individual lag generators, and now there are still 4, but they share two sets of AR controls. So presets that used multiple lag generators will not be wired correctly in the new beta.

Lastly, the filter changed. It sounds different, and can sound quite different if one had a preset with the filter feeding back into itself. So old preset will not be identical but in most cases can be adjusted to be close... and some presets will just never be the same...

Bazille - syncopated bass sequence

http://draigathar.org/sounds/B13.mp3

rustman wrote:I think it was mentioned, but I noticed that when I step up the size to Large 1830 x 1080, it's just a tiny bit shy of fitting on my 27" monitor.
We're working on a general improvement here, because this has been requested since day 1 of our GUI resize feature (was that in 2008?). In the not-so-distant future we'll have the GUI scalable from 70% to 200% in steps of 10. The latest GUIs at u-he (Diva, Satin, Bazille) have been created on a 10px raster, with graphics assets in twice the resolution. This should make for 4 additional, absolutely sharp looking, well behaved steps inbetween original (100%) and large (150%).
Did I mention that this thing looks great? :party:
Can't hear that often enough :clown: Will convey to Basti (who replaced me as the UI designer at u-he)

V0RT3X wrote:Will Bazille get a Audio input ?
+1000

pdxindy wrote: If you had presets from the old alpha version, those will still be there, but there are not new presets included yet...

Old presets will not be exactly the same with the new beta. If you used the LFO they might not be set correctly because the old LFO waveform was set in the LFO, and now the LFO module has separate outputs for different waveforms. The new way is much more flexible. You can use LFO triangle for one parameter and the square for another. You can also combine them into new shapes with the multiples.

Previously there were 4 individual lag generators, and now there are still 4, but they share two sets of AR controls. So presets that used multiple lag generators will not be wired correctly in the new beta.

Lastly, the filter changed. It sounds different, and can sound quite different if one had a preset with the filter feeding back into itself. So old preset will not be identical but in most cases can be adjusted to be close... and some presets will just never be the same...
Cool! Thanks for the heads-up. :)

And re: GUI (IMHO) {flow-semitry-scale-balance/placement, et al} = major :hug: @ 1st sight!!! and "skin-able/scalable" :clap:
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Sat May 17, 2014 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Totolitoto wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Will Bazille get a Audio input ?
+1000
Maybe, one day.

We haven't yet sussed out how to excatly do external side chaining in every format. We actually wanted to wait until AAX is finished. Now it is, and soon we need to deal with external side chaining for another product anyway. Maybe in that go we also check what's doable for instruments, and how widely hosts support this.

(Mental note: Ugh, wasn't this why we wanted to move to VST3 in the first place…? Because host support for audio in on VST instruments is, hum, sparse…? )

V0RT3X wrote:Oh and by the way the spring reverb is freaking incredible!
Thanks a lot ;)
I was indeed quite nervous, as such a seemingly simple and sonically inferiour effect is actually quite hard to nail without taxing the CPU too much, especially the 'dispersion' effect. That's why this is often done using convolution for the first few msecs, but we masochists like it the hard way.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

IMO it would be a good idea to see some more effects like a plate/room reverb and a chorus. The phaser and the delay are great (this are the same found in Diva?)
I have not so much usage for this spring reverb and replace it with Valhalla.

We'd like to encourage people to use Bazille for more unorthodox sounds, it's not directed at EDM in the first place and not supposed to replace a 'typical' VA, in our view. Our fear is that including the usual suspects such as plate and chorus makes the majority of users create stabs, pads asf., but was not the focus of the product and doesn't do it justice.
The spring is there because it can't (!) be replaced by a room-type reverb. Rooms show no such freqency-dependent dispersion, as there is only one wavefront, as opposed to high frequencies having to travel along the entire length of the stiff materia (takes time) and the lows being transported as a longitudinal wavefront (faster). Hence the stretched-chirped response of a spring, which sounds completely different to room-type reverberation.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Return to “Instruments”