A synth from Tone 2 is coming soon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like Tone2 synths... for the most part. I found Rayblaster and Saurus to be... kind of irritating sounding. The Nemesis demos didn't even interest me enough to download a demo copy. I love Gladiator 2 though... but I have to say that I still have a slightly bad taste in my mouth with the way Tone2 does business. I always feel like they spend a bit too much time trying to figure out how to monetize their synths. Honestly I wish they just charged a bit more up front and gave updates out at no charge like U-He. Sure, sell soundsets and maybe even .5 updates, but to bundle them the way they do... :shrug: just seems a bit sketchy to me.

But, none of that detracts from the quality of Gladiator 2... which isn't installed on my latest computer because... well that's another thing about Tone2. I don't seem to ever get emails informing me of updates, yet whenever a new soundset comes out, I hear about it. So, when I think about getting Electra, this type of thing is always in the back of my mind.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

BBFG# wrote:Tone 2 synths in general do have a sound. One that I like for being able to cut through and still blend in the mix. I also went through the demo versions more than once and never got any repeating noise as was mentioned. Perhaps that post was confusing them with the U-He demos of Diva/Bazille?
(I believe the Tone2 restriction is none other than shutting down after ten minutes?)
You are right. There is no noise (i was really confusing it with some other builder). They just have the splash screen and the time limit - two things I can easily live with when demoing. Thanks for correcting that.
Fernando (FMR)

i have most of the tone2 synths; there's no confusing rayblaster (which i rarely use) with saurus (use sometimes) and electrax (which is my fave)...whatever elements they share (in sound design, GUI, etc)...they each have enough personality to stand out from the others...

so any word on upgrade pricing?

Return to “Instruments”