Tone2 Electra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ElectraX Tone2 Electra3

PietW. wrote:
Do not tell Oktoberfest. It's called "Wiesn" :)
I am from Hannover in northern germany. We got the "Schütztenfest" here (also the biggest in the world...). :)
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Demo'd this over the past couple of days. Tone2 synths all have that particular distinctive "tone2 sound" - very digital. Overall this is probably the nicest of the Tone2 synths I have tried but my issue is that I have always found Tone2 synths about $100 too expensive for what you get. If this was around $90-100 I would probably grab it...

Ingonator wrote:
PietW. wrote:
Do not tell Oktoberfest. It's called "Wiesn" :)
I am from Hannover in northern germany. We got the "Schütztenfest" here (also the biggest in the world...). :)
but it still sucks :)
Finally!

Kindred wrote:Demo'd this over the past couple of days. Tone2 synths all have that particular distinctive "tone2 sound" - very digital. Overall this is probably the nicest of the Tone2 synths I have tried but my issue is that I have always found Tone2 synths about $100 too expensive for what you get. If this was around $90-100 I would probably grab it...
Eh? Where is a demo available of the latest Electra 2? I only see the older ElectraX version.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

kuzami wrote:Anyone got any thoughts on this one vs Blue II?
They have total different sound character if you ask me. (I have Electra 1 and Blue 2). Electra sounds more 'modern' to me, Blue seems to be more of a Workstation rompler type sound. But thats just my opinion.
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:
kuzami wrote:Anyone got any thoughts on this one vs Blue II?
They have total different sound character if you ask me. (I have Electra 1 and Blue 2). Electra sounds more 'modern' to me, Blue seems to be more of a Workstation rompler type sound. But thats just my opinion.
Very different yes. I'd describe blue as being very thick and lush, whereas ElectraX more on the thinner side (not in a bad way). They both overdrive nicely and don't get into digital "harsh" territory even though they are both very digital. ElectraX has an easier time gong into "too cheesy" territory" but can also get a little more on the crisp side.

As far as the actual capabilities, Blue obviously has the full FM matrix and more Oscs whereas ElectraX has FM from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3. BLue has multi-samples but ElectraX can load it's own samples and resynthesize waveforms. Plenty of other technical differences of course...

bmanic wrote:
Kindred wrote:Demo'd this over the past couple of days. Tone2 synths all have that particular distinctive "tone2 sound" - very digital. Overall this is probably the nicest of the Tone2 synths I have tried but my issue is that I have always found Tone2 synths about $100 too expensive for what you get. If this was around $90-100 I would probably grab it...
Eh? Where is a demo available of the latest Electra 2? I only see the older ElectraX version.
Ah sorry I wasn't clear - I am demo'ing ElectraX to see if it's worth grabbing during the grace period...

Kindred wrote: Tone2 synths all have that particular distinctive "tone2 sound" - very digital.
Saurus is not so digital sounding, it is a VA type of synth

Kindred wrote: Overall this is probably the nicest of the Tone2 synths I have tried but my issue is that I have always found Tone2 synths about $100 too expensive for what you get.
Again, Saurus...it's $119 8)

Kindred wrote: Tone2 synths all have that particular distinctive "tone2 sound" - very digital.
To me they sound digital in a good way, because they are extremely warm. I think Nemesis in my favorite tho'. Digital yes, but sounds very crisp and clean imo. Does tremendous bass as well.

Electra II sounds very cool form the demos that I've heard. I like the original for arps and midrange.

I think Dune 2 would be a great option also. It's very ez to use as well. Great for arps/bass, and the pads are class. :)

Diva is the king (for me) when it comes to VA analog sounds. Oh, and Xils 4 is amazing too... There's just too many to choose from these days. :D
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Examigan wrote:

Kindred wrote: Overall this is probably the nicest of the Tone2 synths I have tried but my issue is that I have always found Tone2 synths about $100 too expensive for what you get.
I own Saurus and despite being VA I still think it sounds quite digital (I should point out that I am not using the term "digital" in any pejorative way)...Tone2 synths are all quite bright and sheeny. Perfect for lush/trancy electronica.

Kindred wrote:
Examigan wrote:

I own Saurus and despite being VA I still think it sounds quite digital (I should point out that I am not using the term "digital" in any pejorative way)...Tone2 synths are all quite bright and sheeny. Perfect for lush/trancy electronica.
Depends on how you program the preset.

Hm.. I'm.quite obsessed with "that" speciel varm analog sound. Vaz modular gives that to me. But in a mix. Does it really matter what.you.use? I would also descripe ElectraX as digital clean sounding, though i really like the sound of their filters. I remember an old youtube video with an old cover of Green beret by Martin Galway. And people were like.. "what? What is this plugin who does this lovley filtered lead?" and it was audjoo helix. It almost fooled my ears. Sometimes i wonder if. "thin and digital" isnt better cause it just fits easier into the mix. We all get caught up nowdays in this Analog vs cold digital sound. In isolation you clearly hear the difference. (thats why i love vaz) but in a busy mix. Does it really matter?

Does this new synth have the malware that came with Firebird? You know, the files that searched your computer and basically broke the rules of purchase.

LimboLoves wrote:Does this new synth have the malware that came with Firebird? You know, the files that searched your computer and basically broke the rules of purchase.
There is no "malware" in Tone 2 synths.The only thing the installer does is searching for illegal key files (usually only at the location you seleced for installing) and removing if it find one. No internet connection needed for that.

There is nothing that searches you whole computer. That is not more than a rumor and was not proven in a way that could be replicated.

Not to forget that i never got a message concerning Tone 2 products from both my internet security software and a dedicated malware detection software.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Apparently the synthesizers output a watermark in the signal of the synth, so maybe that's why tone2 synthesizers have a "sound" to them :hihi:

All jokes aside though I do find their products attractive though. I like how light on the CPU they are.
:borg:

Return to “Instruments”