Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The search engine has zero results for that user name, so no idea.

A more relavant question is why you are attacking a user for offering a valid option of having a backup plan just in case the worst case scenario plays out?

Aliens wrote:The search engine has zero results for that user name, so no idea.
Excellent, good riddance!
A more relavant question is why you are attacking a user for offering a valid option of having a backup plan just in case the worst case scenario plays out?
Because I posted a better suggestion first:

And Aliens: Please let us know how many discodsp licenses you own, and use.

So you're posting out of spite because someone else had different advice. That seems healthy and rational. :lol:
The second option remains perfectly valid.

And just the one licence, bought from the developer. So in this instance, the same as you. Your point?

How many times have you supported George for a product purchase, and I don't mean an upgrade to a Sh product?
So you are blind, I posted that just a couple of pages ago :nutter:

So you are just proving you are not reading a thread before jumping into it. So why do you come in here and attack me when I am right. The whole point of your input being a cheap and laughable way to try and get back to me because I schooled you in another matter.

And I edited when I re read that post.
Odd you would try to score a point of it, especially since you've posted 5 minutes after that edit was made.
Maybe you're not up to Jedi mind tricks just yet, or maybe this droid has more of the force than you do.
Either way, though, you're looking really pedantic and overly aggressive on a music tech forum, in a thread context of temporary site closure by a plugin company.
Evaluate much? Try it or try again. I'm sure The majority of us members could do without your power plays and enforced drama.

Sheesh :roll:

Aliens wrote:And I edited when I re read that post.
Good boy, you do what you are told

Next time I suggest you read from the start before posting, so you don't embarrass yourself further

Numanoid wrote:, you can log into https://www.discodsp.net/members/ and download your product still.
As I said few pages back all it shows in my account is Discovery Mac which I never owned and not my Win license.

Even then clicking on the Mac 3.3 link nothing happens so maybe it won't work for others as well.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

See? Pedantic, overly aggressive and enforced drama.
You are so transparent Numanoid. Enjoy playing with yourself :lol:
Last edited by Aliens on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote:Even then clicking on the Mac 3.3 link nothing happens so maybe it won't work for others as well.
Seems weird that it should work perfect for me, but not for others.

Why would George differentiate between users?

Do you have all your invoice numbers at hand?

As I remember George removed the access to older verisons of plugs, when introducing updated version. That is why I was a bit surprised that I could get hold of Vertigo 3.2 from the member site today.

Numanoid wrote:Do you have all your invoice numbers at hand?
Yes I took it right from the e-mail sent at the time of purchase.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Even if George somehow reappears, it seems to be harder and harder for solo devs to survive financially in a very crowded market. Very few individuals have both the right and left brain skills to be creative in vision, write solid code and develop a customer service oriented business. It is going to require partnership and cooperation.

Well, it now appears that my advice was good advice.

Who'd a thunk it?

Touch The Universe wrote:I just found about his site. My vertigo license suddenly expired and I can't seem to contact him for a new, working license. Hope I can get in touch with him so, I need it for a project :(
An expiration on the Vertigo license ???

What are you talking about ?

Since the v3.6 the Vertigo license is nothing else than a "License.dat" file containing user your registration data. It has to be placed at Documents > discoDSP > Vertigo folder or dropped into Vertigo. And it has no limit date! When you have it, it is forever!

So if suddenly you have a Vertigo which tells you "not registered"... check the presence of the file in the directory I mentioned above... and check if it has not been altered by this or that other program or by a physical or logical flaw on the disk.

Anyway... you probably have kept an original of this "license.dat" (usually received in attachment to the e-mail received at the purchase or at the v3.6 update if it was bought previously) and it is obvious that all the license files of all products having that kind or protection... must be kept on a backup disk or a USB key.

If you check the presence and the integrity of your License.dat in the directory where it must be placed... the resolution of the issue is immediate: simply by refreshing the file (or the folder if it has itself an issue) by the original kept somewhere in a safe place.

And there is no limit date on these files!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Aliens wrote:And I edited when I re read that post.
Odd you would try to score a point of it, especially since you've posted 5 minutes after that edit was made.
Maybe you're not up to Jedi mind tricks just yet, or maybe this droid has more of the force than you do.
Either way, though, you're looking really pedantic and overly aggressive on a music tech forum, in a thread context of temporary site closure by a plugin company.
Evaluate much? Try it or try again. I'm sure The majority of us members could do without your power plays and enforced drama.

Sheesh :roll:
So true Aliens.. ..he act like a gibbering ***** more often than before. :lol:

This *sshole even accuse other members of insulting him when in reality he started to insult. Completely nuts. :hihi:
Last edited by murnau on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

BlackWinny wrote:
Touch The Universe wrote:I just found about his site. My vertigo license suddenly expired and I can't seem to contact him for a new, working license. Hope I can get in touch with him so, I need it for a project :(
An expiration on the Vertigo license ???

What are you talking about ?

Since the v3.6 the Vertigo license is nothing else than a "License.dat" file containing user your registration data. It has to be placed at Documents > discoDSP > Vertigo folder or dropped into Vertigo. And it has no limit date! When you have it, it is forever!

So if suddenly you have a Vertigo which tells you "not registered"... check the presence of the file in the directory I mentioned above... and check if it has not been altered by this or that other program or by a physical or logical flaw on the disk.

Anyway... you probably have kept an original of this "license.dat" (usually received in attachment to the e-mail received at the purchase or at the v3.6 update if it was bought previously) and it is obvious that all the license files of all products having that kind or protection... must be kept on a backup disk or a USB key.

If you check the presence and the integrity of your License.dat in the directory where it must be placed... the resolution of the issue is immediate: simply by refreshing the file (or the folder if it has itself an issue) by the original kept somewhere in a safe place.

And there is no limit date on these files!
Well it's possible he was running the earlier version that didn't require the dat file license, updated it at some point but forgot it needed a new license. I did that myself.

Return to “Instruments”