Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJBuddhaBear wrote:I have held off on Discovery Pro as well due to a bit too high of an upfront price point.
You do know you can first buy discovery and then upgrade that to discovery pro later if you want?
That's how I bought my DPro license.

Of course I too support that rent-to-buy model :tu:

Thanks about that, implementing a rent-to-buy model will be studied :)

Discovery Pro has been updated to 6.7

What's new
  • Layer solo: Use Alt + click (right click on Linux) on slot / button to solo / unsolo layer.
  • EDIT > File > Save Program to Active Bank.
  • EDIT > Paste > Morph to all layers.
  • EDIT > Paste > Pitch to all layers.
  • Bank change controller 0 support.
  • Fixed macOS bank change controller crash.
  • Fixed Aftertouch mode not refreshing correctly.
  • Fixed WAVE font size LCD.
  • Fixed Empty WAVE Program/Bank display.
  • Removed License.dat check.
6.7 is free for 6.5 and 6.6 customers. Upgrades and cross-grades for previous and Discovery customers are available at Members Area.

6.7.1 is out now.

What's new
  • Fixed Phaser Filter issues.

Cool :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Any news for skins update?

Skins are planned but for a later release. Why are you looking for a different appearance?

discoDSP wrote:Skins are planned but for a later release. Why are you looking for a different look?
Just kind of felling to new look , i love skins. :)

Oh ok, thanks for your opinion :) Having skins would make possible the long requested red Nord appearance and probably other designers would do very nice works too like it happened with OB-Xd, however there is other stuff pending with more priority.

Making the GUI vector based will open a lot of possibilities too. It would require a big amount of work but I'm sure it will be worth it.

discoDSP wrote:Oh ok, thanks for your opinion :) Having skins would make possible the long requested red Nord appearance and probably other designers would do very nice works too like it happened with OB-Xd, however there is other stuff pending with more priority.

Making the GUI vector based will open a lot of possibilities too. It would require a big amount of work but I'm sure it will be worth it.
Thank you

You're welcome :) getting people's feedback is something that greatly helps making better products.

On Vertigo and Phantom I think that it will be important too (but don't hurry, George). Not for reasons of homogeneity, but to make them much more readable for impaired eyes.
ImageImageImage
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Yep BlackWinny others product will benefit from skins and more importantly scalable GUI. Vertigo is a big candidate for that too, but you know, anything that's not in the classic Virtual Analog synth area is niche and not very popular in sales and therefore in development.

discoDSP wrote:Yep BlackWinny others product will benefit from skins and more importantly scalable GUI. Vertigo is a big candidate for that toot.
:tu:

discoDSP wrote:Yep BlackWinny others product will benefit from skins and more importantly scalable GUI. Vertigo is a big candidate for that too, but you know, anything that's not in the classic Virtual Analog synth area is niche and not very popular in sales and therefore in development.
Yes, I fully understand.

VA is the fad of this decade (and it is not bad, it relaunches the interest of these old synths for more inspirations in the composition steps from the younger composers and it gives us, older ones, the opportunity to get for not expensive some synths of our youth that many hadn't the ability to afford).

That said, I'm convinced that fundamentally the future of the synthesis will be the additive synthesis and some new declinations of it which will appear as the power of the computers will keep on progressing in the next years. And I'm pretty sure that it is quite good to begin to occupy this niche as of now, at least with a first plugin perfectly appealing, to be already there firmly sat when the other developers will come to begin to invade that niche. Because at this moment you'll just have to follow their ideas by improving your synth already known and already fully tested for a while. It is always good to be already there in a niche when the others arrive to try to take it. It is already the case with Vertigo, it just has to get a modern GUI (and a campaign of promotion to recall its existence to the users). Because it will be an even better asset for the popularity and the rate from the users if at this moment when other new synths will arrive Vertigo already has a modern GUI and already a good ranking, not appearing old compared to these new coming additive and spectral plugins within the two or three next years. Remember that some brands are already working on this synthesis to modernize it. To be already there and perfectly sat will be a great advantage.
:wink:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”