In search of a new synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IL Sytrus, NI FM8, Spire, Synthmaster

+1 for Bazille

You could lose yourself for a very long time building patches for this very very deep synth.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:+1 for Bazille

You could lose yourself for a very long time building patches for this very very deep synth.
and you can get sounds you may not get elsewhere. Bazille is not the usual synth

http://draigathar.org/sounds/B8.mp3

Alchemy and Spectral as already mentioned.
Iris is also very different in its approach.

Razor. To my ears the most digital so far and really unique with all those filters and effects. Mind you, you can't make a chord within the synth because of its architecture. But then, you must have Reaktor.

I note Harmor too, if you don't mind to dive into it's versatility.

And Spectral too +1

Tone2's: Nemesis or Electra X.

Try Dune 2.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Rayblaster

Glass Viper is another interesting one that doesn't get mentioned often :wink:

skanner xt (reaktor)

dave

Some digitalness made with Spectral:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/a ... excursions

Nemesis

xh3rv wrote:
Autobot wrote:When I ask you to name ONE Vst synth, with a fresh digital sound and a unique approach e.g. workflow, gui, features which one would you pick?
I have to rave about Bazille. Synthetic techniques from digital ancestors (e.g. CZ-, DX-series) are featured (more or less, the oscillators), but embedded in a structure and interface like analog modular systems. This general combination is not often seen, and I'm not sure anything does it with the same conceptual purity and quality of DSP.

It's also very sensible. Cabling can be profuse but never quite profligate. Digitally flavored modules are seamless with the analog-oriented. There's a sequencer and lots of other variety in the modules outside of the core osc/filt/env stuff.

It's sort of obviously capable of digital FM, PD, analog subtractive, and some software-domain styles of synthesis but it's a joy to have it all going on at once, often in unexpected but intuitive ways.
+1
"It dreamed itself along"

Autobot wrote:When I ask you to name ONE Vst synth, with a fresh digital sound and a unique approach e.g. workflow, gui, features which one would you pick?
z3ta+ 2 8)

I've owned it for a while, and have come to like it more and more, fresh digital sounds indeed, easy to handle macro controls, but also lots of options for those who wants to tweak, and a great FX section there is too :love:

Bazille and/or Aalto !
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Return to “Instruments”