Synth1 ver1.13 beta3 for Windows

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

Chris-S wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:How can we donate something?
There was a (unofficial) synth1 site by zorniko on sites.google.com with a paypal button. Unfortunately this site has been deleted recently.
Those donations went to Zorniko. There is no guarantee they ever made it to the developer Ichiro Toda. To the best of my knowledge Ichiro has never asked for donations. However I would gladly purchase Synth 2 if he ever decides to release a commercial plugin.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

fluffy_little_something wrote:That synth is very good for brass and synth basses, but it has a certain metallic sound in my view, warm pads, strings, etc. are not its strength.
Time to go through those 10000 freely available presets and prove yourself wrong ;)

EvilDragon wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:That synth is very good for brass and synth basses, but it has a certain metallic sound in my view, warm pads, strings, etc. are not its strength.
Time to go through those 10000 freely available presets and prove yourself wrong ;)
Well, I certainly don't have time to do that :)
But when I listen to the Warm Pad patch for instance. As soon as I open the filter, there is that harsh sound, almost as if there were always some resonance on (although it seems set to zero).

That's down to how the oscillators sound, mostly.

In any case for "warm" sounds one is usually not having filter cutoff set to max :P

Not to max, but I want to hear a certain amount of saw sizzle, which in Synth1 is way too harsh as soon as I open the filter a little bit.

I think he does ask for donations in his language.

Synth 1 can do amazing pads (filter working) http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj9VBb1tO88
(presets in the comments; I didn't make any of this)

Sorry, but that does not sound warm to me, but instead irritating...

Anyway, it's not important, I have other synths for warm. As I said I might be able to use it for brass and bass sounds, though, for everything edgy and piercing :hihi:

EvilDragon wrote:
:tu:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Not to max, but I want to hear a certain amount of saw sizzle, which in Synth1 is way too harsh as soon as I open the filter a little bit.
:? Saw sizzle won't give you a warm sounding pad, close the filter cut off to around 50% to get warm sounds. I have many of the patchbanks available from the web and have found a lot warm pad sounds.

Maybe we simply have very different ideas of what warm means...

Wanted to download and got a virus warning from GData anti virus so.......

fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe we simply have very different ideas of what warm means...
Of course, the entire family of adjectives people use to refer to sound timbre is completely subjective.

Neither Malwarebytes, nor Windows Security Essentials issued any warning...

fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe we simply have very different ideas of what warm means...

I think it can do pretty warm sounding pads. I guess warm is subjective though. It does tend to have a hiss to it by nature but eq section really helps.

Out of curiosity what do you use for warm pads?
Last edited by Doc Brown on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

classic wrote:Wanted to download and got a virus warning from GData anti virus so.......
No virus of any sort in the download.

Return to “Instruments”