Mux VST - Current Opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab Plugin

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone here using Mux? If so, how do you like it? Are the included modules useful, or do you mostly use it as a mini host for your existing VSTs?

Thanks!

It's a great modular unit, and it sounds pretty good, it even has Unisono (called "Fat") with adjustable layers. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time yet to experiment with it... :cry:

Tricky-Loops wrote:It's a great modular unit, and it sounds pretty good, it even has Unisono (called "Fat") with adjustable layers. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time yet to experiment with it... :cry:
10.21 posts a day and you don't have time? :lol:

bluedad wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:It's a great modular unit, and it sounds pretty good, it even has Unisono (called "Fat") with adjustable layers. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time yet to experiment with it... :cry:
10.21 posts a day and you don't have time? :lol:
That might be the cause! Whenever I engage myself in a HPC thread, I get tied up... :x

I haven't used mine in a long time. There were some issues with being able to see and maneuver things properly at the time. Also, I'm pretty sure it still doesn't do shells like "waves"

I'm not sure I'd buy it for the synth, for me it was kinda necessary for use in maschine way way back. With that routing, I could get away with some stuff that maschine couldn't do on it's own easily (like having a guitar patch with the head, a different cab like recabinet, and some verb in a buss style was doable in mux)

Many possibilities. I think there is a demo (I know, EVERYONE says that :hihi: )

hibidy wrote:I haven't used mine in a long time. There were some issues with being able to see and maneuver things properly at the time. Also, I'm pretty sure it still doesn't do shells like "waves"
On this point (waves shell) there is a "shell unpacker" out there that I used to unpack waves ADT for use in the Mux demo and it worked well (for that anyway). It's free from xlutop if I remember....

Oh wow, so it's stable?

When I need shells or waves, I go to the next beach... :P

I like it.

The only other modular host that I have is EnergyXT. I think MUX has several benefits to it.
a) It's not just a VST host.
b) You can make your own interfaces.

The included modules are good enough for creating your own instruments and effects. I think the filters are good. It has fairly extensive modulation capabilities and you can extend them further with things like the MIDI modules from the piz. Lately I've been making reverbs from allpass filters and some regular filters that go along with LFOs. You can feed modulation sources with other sources, making quite complex stuff.

The interface design part is very good. Practically, it's a lot of work because it's not possible to select multiple knobs to change their looks or move them around, but.. Having a dedicated interface is much more fun than having a ton of cables and modules and that you'd have to go for each to change their values. It's cumbersome to make an interface but it makes the patch more nice to tweak/play with.

I've used it to make combination/layered patches from other plugins too, and I think it's good for that as well.

I wish it had more inputs though, it would be possible to make mixers then.

bluedad wrote:10.21 posts a day and you don't have time? :lol:
When I have 10,000 posts, could you please remember me that I wanted to make an (music) album this year? Thanks!

hibidy wrote:Oh wow, so it's stable?
Well from what I could tell... I never got past the demo (just not had time mostly). The until basically created a separate dll for each vst in the shell (so 4 for ADT) and stuck them in a subdir. I copied the dll's to my vst folders (32 and 64bit) and just used them like any other vst dll....

@tricky: I remember 10,000. The wine was good, the company, not so much :hihi:

chrisby wrote:
hibidy wrote:Oh wow, so it's stable?
Well from what I could tell... I never got past the demo (just not had time mostly). The until basically created a separate dll for each vst in the shell (so 4 for ADT) and stuck them in a subdir. I copied the dll's to my vst folders (32 and 64bit) and just used them like any other vst dll....
Oh, I see. Thanks again, that's good to know.

hibidy wrote:@tricky: I remember 10,000. The wine was good, the company, not so much :hihi:
You're heading to 40,000 posts... :o

Tricky-Loops wrote:
hibidy wrote:@tricky: I remember 10,000. The wine was good, the company, not so much :hihi:
You're heading to 40,000 posts... :o
And not a more quality grouping of wisdom will you ever get :hihi:
(I've paid a heavy price for my fame! )

Return to “Instruments”