What are my options to compliment nexus 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Naer wrote:What are my options to compliment nexus 2?
I'd recommend telling nexus it has a nice low end. :hihi:
sorry

I recommend you get a 303. You will get all the ladies with your epic acid bass line drops and brotastic stabby pitch bent squelching noises. Next comes your accent to #1 on DJ Mag Top 100. All because you had a 303 :love:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

the 3O3 is overrated.

So is the 9O9 & 8O8 etc
:borg:

Hehe, most of that was sarcasm :hihi:. I do agree it is somewhat overrated in the big picture, but that doesn't diminish my love for it.

Maybe that would have worked in 1990, not today :clown:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Haha ok, well I actually like the 9O9, 8O8 and 3O3. If i was loaded i'd probably buy all three just for the history.

People who asking this forget (= don't having a clue about) that mixing is much more important then having another tool in their arsenal.

If you take Music which get noticed (even if you don't like them musically) they all mixed at least on another level then the usual soundcloud stuff. Thats what caught the attention. So imo composing only with Nexus2 isn't the issue.

Can you provide samples of your work please? I bet they are not mixed well.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:People who asking this forget (= don't having a clue about) that mixing is much more important then having another tool in their arsenal.

If you take Music which get noticed (even if you don't like them musically) they all mixed at least on another level then the usual soundcloud stuff. Thats what caught the attention. So imo composing only with Nexus2 isn't the issue.

Like effects or mastering?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Naer wrote:Calm down bros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIQH28INcdw

Well played :clap:

You need to buy $25,000 worth of samples just like Hans Zimmer did.

I wouldn't look for anything to compliment the Nexus. I would just get away form it entirely. It absolutely blows my mind how expensive that thing is for what it can do. Yes, I know it has some nice sounding samples......but you can't even pick and choose to layer different sounds within it. The Korg Legacy M1 is based on the original hardware M1 and comes with 3000 sounds. You can take bits and pieces of different presets and individually filter and envelope each layer making your own sounds. It's $50 for the WHOLE thing!!!!

So stop spending money on the Nexus, right now.

What soft synths do you have? I would recommend a nice sounding subtractive VA with a simple interface. Something like Sylenth, or uHe TyrellN6 and Zebralette are free and sound fantastic. Seriously, you could write albums of music with those two.

Then you need to learn synthesis. I know there are "hit makers" that use presets but you're trying to get noticed. How long have you been doing this? Can you share some examples of your tunes that are not getting noticed?

Seriously, subtractive synthesis can be learned in a day. Mastered, no, but a basic understanding of how everything works, signal flow, and the universal envelope and filter settings for percussive elements, leads, bass, pads, and strings. Once you learn that it is all just variations of the same thing. Then its on to creative processing, proper use of reverb and delay, and of course, mixing.

This takes a while. So get busy learning.
Logic Pro X : Prophet Rev2, Blofeld, Toraiz-AS1, Model D, Minibrute, MOTU 828x, Presonus Eris E7's, dozens of pedals

Page 2 and nobody has mentioned Zebra2 yet?! On a KVR "which synth should I buy" thread?! :eek:

@OP, the correct answer is Zebra2. You're welcome.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:Page 2 and nobody has mentioned Zebra2 yet?! On a KVR "which synth should I buy" thread?! :eek:

@OP, the correct answer is Zebra2. You're welcome.
Yup, it is the best......I suppose if he's gonna dive head first in, then Zebra it is.
Logic Pro X : Prophet Rev2, Blofeld, Toraiz-AS1, Model D, Minibrute, MOTU 828x, Presonus Eris E7's, dozens of pedals

Greenstorm33 wrote:
Naer wrote:What are my options to compliment nexus 2?
I'd recommend telling nexus it has a nice low end. :hihi:
sorry
Or that is has pretty arps.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

It has a nice tight attack and release

valerian_777 wrote:People who asking this forget (= don't having a clue about) that mixing is much more important then having another tool in their arsenal.

hears my soundcloud 95 percent with nexus 2

Return to “Instruments”