Best/Favorite Drum synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like SR-202.

I know that it has been superseded by another program, but I still use GURU by FXpansion. Guess that I am just set in my ways. :o

Thanks everyone, I'll look into all that. Seems like a lot of freeware and old stuff though, is there no progress happening in this department? When I heard the Maschine stuff it sounded pretty complex and interesting, but I'm not keening on spending $600 for the hardware and everything when I already have Bitwig.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Microtonic is excellent. I also like Ultrabeat but that only comes with Logic.

+1 for MicroTonic - even though the GUI looks rather dated.

If you have either M4L, or Reaktor, there's some fun to be had there as well, including this Microtonic clone for Reaktor: http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co ... show/7757/
:)

I have Drumatic 4, Ezdrummer, BFDeco and my latest purchase was Drum Lab by Native Instruments.

I really like Drum Lab. It has some unusual blending functionality. I'm dying to get my meat hooks into EZdrummer 2.0 however.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

xalama qo wrote:drumular is an oldie but a goodie.
+1
a gem.

I actually run Parallels for Windows on my Mac just so I can use Drumular.

Reasons KONG is well worth a mention,also sonic charge microtonic
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

The king ?

MicroTonic.

It is the best, bar none.

It can do soooo much. it can create almost all drum synth sound concieable (I think), it can midi drive other drum synth, it can midi drive itself. one can create random patches/sequences and then use PART of the sequence to drive other drum synths.

Just wonderful :o :hyper:

From the back of my mind, I midi drive (with MicroToniq) the following drum synths :

Xoxos Bong
EXD-80
OdO's drum synths
MARVIN PAVILION Drum synths
u-He's ltmLabs series (those that are available on-site)
FXPansion Geist Lite
TS-808
Drumatic3/&SE
SR202
Reaktor (with Boscomac vintage drum machines)
Kontakt (with the HEAVENLY SonicCouture Abstrakt Konkrete 1-3)

Drumatic 3 and 4, and Drumaxx (or even the lite version Drumpad).

All marvellous.

BONG

Drumatic4 for the win! The sound quality and flexibility of it is unrivaled if you need a drum synth. Haven't heard a peep from the dev for some time, which is disconcerting as I really want a decent patch browser...its main downfall.

I makes for a great pairing with Poise, which is a bare bones drum sampler. With these 2 puppies you can do most things you would ever need.

Return to “Instruments”