What software are you really using currently?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ANA 2
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Apple MainStage, Sculpture, Alchemy, Space Designer with Bricasti IRs.
Madrona Labs' Aalto, Kaivo
AAS Chromaphone 2
Arturia Synclavier V, Buchla Easel V, DX7 V
Physical Audio PA3 Derailer
Expert Sleepers' Meringue
2CAudio B2

Since it is still a discussion:

Cubase 9.5
Kontakt- Berlin Inspire, Wavesfactory Mercury, Albion One, Lunaris, Novo, Grosso, Met Ark 3, Tundra, EVO Rock Standard, Shimmer, Shake, Strike, Dominus, Paths 2, Caspian, and more than I can name
Viper- just got this, dang
Chromaphone 2- forever I mean this thing rocks
GateKeeper
Omnisphere 2
Avenger

Oh I give up. TONS.

AudioRealism ABL2 and ReDominator. I hadn't used them for ages.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Bazille, Diva and Zebra, as well as DrumSpillage2 if I fail to synthesize the drum/percussion I need with B or Z. I love those synths, they sound simply gorgeous (I love them even more now that I have a quite excellent monitoring system) and are so fast and easy to use.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Despite owning tons of software, literally dozens of soft synths....I mostly use Logic’s Retro Synth, Uhe Dark Zebra2 & Diva, then Synthmaster 2.9 & One. I can’t remember the last time I recorded with anything else, aside from hardware. I seriously need to sell a ton of licenses. For drums I use Ultrabeat, despite owning four other expensive drum plugins.
Logic Pro X : Prophet Rev2, Blofeld, Toraiz-AS1, Model D, Minibrute, MOTU 828x, Presonus Eris E7's, dozens of pedals

Tangle - pretty fascinating and fun to use, and each time I come back to it, I've returned with more knowledge, so it's less mysterious and easier to manipulate.

atm I stick to StiX :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Renoise 3, Alchemy and ValhallaRoom + Pro-MB to tame the buildup (thanx bmanic!). A bit of CamelSpace too.

-Renoise
-Reaktor

All the time , till the end of time
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Ableton Live Suite
Repro
Eos2
Replicant2
Dubstation2
bx_limiter
MJUC
SSDR2
SpecOps
Sandman Pro
The Glue
Valhalla Room

Well folks, just came through another major fire on our mountain. So I've decided to eliminate just about everything that can be eliminated.

The abandoned and NFR titles I'll be left with will have to suffice for whatever is next on my life's plate.

The one non-NFR I plan on keeping is the one I open almost daily and that is Pianoteq 6 Studio bundle along with one Studiologic VMK188+ controller. And I might swap the controller for something lighter.

The only other one I'm considering keeping it's HALion 6 and maybe one more. Other wise, I finally reached a point of change.

The NFR and abandoned titles I'll be left with are Alchemy 1; Garritan; Harmor; Rapture Pro/Dimension; Z3ta2+; MusicLabs, and some Blue Cat packs along with the defunct Cakewalk Splat and STank2.

And I have no problem sharing those abandoned/breached EULA titles with the five other family members that may get more use out of them now.

Thanks.
Last edited by BBFG# on Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not using much software these days.

DAWs:
Bitwig
Pro Tools

Instruments:
Aalto
Bazille
Zebra
Bitwig instruments

Effects:
Elevate bundle
Air EQ
Compassion
Presswerk
Virtual Mix Rack
Valhalla Room
Valhalla Vintage Verb
Sandman Pro
SpecOps
Guitar Rig
Reaktor
Bitwig effects

Other:
Numerology
Ixox's Ambika Editor
Overbridge

I have a lot more plug-ins installed but those are the only things I've used over the past year or so. I've been working mostly with hardware lately.

EnGee wrote: - Cubase and Reaper (almost equally and daily usage)
- Korg synths, FM8, Sylenth1 and blofeld (it is software in a box!)
- Battery 4 and Transfuser 2
Mostly the same but some changes.
Added:
- Reason 10 with some REs
- Tone 2 Nemesis and RayBlaster
- More NI synths!
- Softube Modular and Heartbeat
- Some other synths and instruments from various developers.

Not using:
- Blofeld (traded)
- All iLok software

The good thing is I'm almost using all of them equally, so my setup seems stable right now :)

I have over 450 freeware and FL Studio 12 VSTs.
My DAW of choice is FL Studio 12 Producer Edition.
My main VSTs are
Dexed for 80’s sounds (I actually have a zip folder full of DX patches)
Any Full Bucket Music plugins, especially FB-3100/3200/3300, the blooo, and the scrooo
TyrellN6
TAL-Uno 62
TB-Strip (for basslines)
PG8X
SQ8L
Synth1
DSK Brass and Stringz and Choirz
VSCO2 ROMpler
Model Pro
Model Mini
Minimogue VA
Prophanity for sync leads and Prophet-5 sounds
Micromoon
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Return to “Instruments”