iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Sampleconstruct wrote:So I caved, installed the demo, tried to import a patch from my subscription library: error message: Preset Import failed. Check to see if a preset with the same name already exists. LOL*****F**CK
So if you want to use "Import" you have to copy the folder you want to import from into the new library first, maybe a permission problem, I'll check.

LOL, now I imported the first patch and it sounds absolutely nothing like the old one because an envelope has been automatically assigned which makes the sound disappear after one second. So you hear zipppshhhhh.....mute instead of a cosmic soundscape which this patch once was.

I have to say that I am surprised Simon that as somebody who indirectly must have resulted in more sales of Iris 1 than any other individual that you weren't consulted/on the beta team etc for Iris 2. I would have been actively seeking your input if I were developing the next version.

Sampleconstruct wrote:LOL, now I imported the first patch and it sounds absolutely nothing like the old one because an envelope has been automatically assigned which makes the sound disappear after one second. So you hear zipppshhhhh.....mute instead of a cosmic soundscape which this patch once was.
And this is caused by a wrong envelope conversion, the volume of all 3 involved oscillators has been assigned to envelope 5 which didn't exist before and which now has this very short decay phase with zero sustain, something which wasn't present in the original patch. Happy converting, folks!

lnikj wrote:I have to say that I am surprised Simon that as somebody who indirectly must have resulted in more sales of Iris 1 than any other individual that you weren't consulted/on the beta team etc for Iris 2. I would have been actively seeking your input if I were developing the next version.
I didn't sign their NDA years ago as I was too busy and didn't want another Beta-obligation, so that's the answer to that.

And standalone mod still only works in 44.1 Khz, come on guys what is this??

RIght :(

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:LOL, now I imported the first patch and it sounds absolutely nothing like the old one because an envelope has been automatically assigned which makes the sound disappear after one second. So you hear zipppshhhhh.....mute instead of a cosmic soundscape which this patch once was.
And this is caused by a wrong envelope conversion, the volume of all 3 involved oscillators has been assigned to envelope 5 which didn't exist before and which now has this very short decay phase with zero sustain, something which wasn't present in the original patch. Happy converting, folks!
So after checking some more it is clear that the entire envelope conversion is not happening, meaning all amplitude envelopes have to be re-programmed for all involved oscillators.

Sampleconstruct wrote:And standalone mod still only works in 44.1 Khz, come on guys what is this??

Really??? Hahaha... even if I myself wouldn't use more than 44.1, but at least 48 should be standard... since 20 years ;)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

And it happens with every single patch, so that "might need to be reassigned"-crap is the biggest BS ever written in a knowledge base, I can only laugh right now :)

Does the installer overwrite Iris 1? Or can they run side by side?

Side by side

Furthermore the entire Macro assignments and the Macro labelling is lost after the conversion, so is the Modwheel assignment, the only thing that seems to translate is the spectral selection and the loop points. So in a patch that formerly had complex amplitude and filter modulations assigned to the Modwheel now doesn't modulate at all when turning the wheel.

Unless iZotope have an automated process to convert their libraries to v2 (which I assume they have), this situation can't be for real. Maybe they want to re-package their libs and sell them again for v2? Nahh, can't be, can it???

I'm no programmer but looking inside an iris patch there are a load of parameter settings.

In the new format they look like this:

<Param ElementID="EffectCanopy" ParamID="Chorus_Depth" Value="86.99935150" />
<Param ElementID="EffectCanopy" ParamID="Chorus_Feedback" Value="12.87064457" />
<Param ElementID="EffectCanopy" ParamID="Chorus_SendEnabled" Value="1" />
<Param ElementID="EffectCanopy" ParamID="Delay Cross Mix" Value="1" />
<Param ElementID="EffectCanopy" ParamID="Delay_FeedbackLeft" Value="31.65083313" />
<Param ElementID="EffectCanopy" ParamID="Delay_FeedbackRight" Value="31.65083313" />
<Param ElementID="EffectCanopy" ParamID="Delay_HighCutoff" Value="13836.37011719" />

In the old format they look like this:

<Param Type="Float" ElementID="0" ParamID="0" Value="28,16092110" />
<Param Type="Float" ElementID="0" ParamID="3" Value="45,44799805" />
<Param Type="Float" ElementID="0" ParamID="4" Value="45,89925003" />
<Param Type="Float" ElementID="0" ParamID="7" Value="9572,60156250" />
<Param Type="Float" ElementID="0" ParamID="9" Value="95,00000000" />
<Param Type="Float" ElementID="0" ParamID="10" Value="0,12410325" />
<Param Type="Float" ElementID="0" ParamID="12" Value="52,00000000" />
<Param Type="Float" ElementID="0" ParamID="13" Value="77,21999359" />
<Param Type="Float" ElementID="0" ParamID="17" Value="26,00000000" />

In both there is a great big blob that presumably contains the spectral data.

If the stuff you need is contained in the plain text XML it might be possible to write a conversion script.

Return to “Instruments”