Something is cooking again: Ragnarök Mark-2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ragnarök

Kriminal wrote:The ultimate wave
That's just a stepper-based kick-em-up wave. Sounds like shit if not heavily overdriven, and even then sounds just like heavily overdriven shit :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote:[your star-wave has two back-in-time shifts per wave
LMFAO!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

This is gonna Ragna rock.

I'll show myself out.

Good to see you have changed your mind :)

I assume the waves are synchronized in version 1, leading to the strong periodic volume changes. Maybe a free-run option would be helpful.

Or a little pulse width control for every wave, including the saw waves :D By using slightly different widths the volume should also remain more or less the same. You could replace the wave on/off buttons by vertical sliders, of say half the height of the envelope sliders. The wave sliders would turn the waves off when all the way down, and change the width at any other setting.

Actually, with pulse width controls, you could do away with the whole square section as you could turn the pulse waves into square waves :hihi: But that would render existing presets useless, so probably not a good idea 8)

This is just me thinking aloud again... :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Good to see you have changed your mind :)
About what ? I didn't 'change my mind' about anything. Just a little inside secret: Björn and I where talking about a V2 even when we started with V1. Even the color-scheme for V2 was decided (by me) right at the beginning. Simply because the Casio synth that stood as inspiration for the V1 GUI has a sibling with the red GUI.
fluffy_little_something wrote:I assume the waves are synchronized in version 1, leading to the strong periodic volume changes. Maybe a free-run option would be helpful.
I think they are already free running in V1, but I'm not sure. If not, then I don't see why they should: Ragnarök V1 sound incredibly good.
fluffy_little_something wrote:Actually, with pulse width controls, you could do away with the whole square section as you could turn the pulse waves into square waves :hihi: But that would render existing presets useless, so probably not a good idea 8)
Loosing the square waves would take away the option to combine a square and a pulse wave, something that makes Ragnarök do certain sounds that are hard on other synths (that only has a pulse wave with width setting). This was also one of the very distinguishable qualities of the hardware synth, so definitely not going to happen.

You can bet on one thing: we are not going to take out htings that are there now :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Well, in the other thread you were opposed to saw...

Well, do whatever you want, I am a bit weary of this whole Ragnarök theater...

layzer wrote:Image
Hehe! You can see the analog drift quite clearly on the oscilloscope! :P

@crimson, please just ignore that fluffy thing. :dog:

crimsonwarlock wrote:Image
:love:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

crimsonwarlock wrote:Besides that, your star-wave has two back-in-time shifts per wave, Björn's software emulated flux-capacitor based reverse-time algorithm currently can only do one at a cycle :hihi:
Come on: This is Mark2!!! What should we expect? :hyper: :love: :P

I'm up for a chainsaw wave :borg:

A ripping chain should cut through the mix just fine.

Someone asked for a saw?

Wait! I come in!

:evil:
:hihi:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote: :hihi:
I'm shocked and disgusted - there is no warning sign on the chainsaw saying "Not Suitable For Children Under 3 Years"! :hihi:

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote:I'm shocked and disgusted - there is no warning sign on the chainsaw saying "Not Suitable For Children Under 3 Years"! :hihi:
And where's the mandatory warning sign saying 'Don't juggle this while powered up' ?

Still talking about the chainsaw of course :clown:

Phew!
Reading the first words from Björn, I thought I had infringed the good moral standards or the law...

Everyone knows that I'm an angel...

Return to “Instruments”