Launched 18 VST(i)'s with more to come - DUBturbo freebies!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bit FX Suite - 11 FX EQTurbo ORKestra ROMPLOID Samploid2 SampQUAD WAHNbeat

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Norbz wrote:SynthEdit is a different software altogether this is SnythMaker/FlowStone. I looked at SE too when trying to find something to help me build these out without going C++ but SnythMaker seemed more robust and not as deep of a learning curve (still deep though).
Doesn't Synthmaker also have better GUI elements? The default Synthedit GUIs looks ugly...as ugly as all these Maize sampler VST...
Norbz wrote:I'm not sure how much control you have in SE over the GUI components, but my first 12 years in the industry I was a designer so I take pride in the GUI - - if SE allows you to create/import your own knobs/sliders/backgrounds/overlays etc. then I'm pretty sure you should be able to achieve the same in both and it would be up to the dev/design team?
Yes, you can import your own panels, knobs, etc. And yes, the default elements are sadly in neede of an update. But, SynthMaker, now FlowStone, does give you better looking basic elements out of the box, particularly for some components like the EGs. It would be more than just doing a background panel to get similar results in SE.

arkmabat wrote: You could copy what image line did and change dubturbo's name for a new beginning.
Yep, we've been playing with DT_________ word combo's for a few months now and have a callout for ideas under a few of our videos - some good ideas but nothing is sticking just yet, and simply going with 'DTstudio' or 'DTpro' is meh, not enough/just copying IL at that point.. Not sure but once we're closer to launch I'm sure we'll have to finalize and choose something - if you guys get any great branding transition ideas for it feel free to let me know.

@GhettoSynth.

Cool, I thought you were able to when I was reviewing it - not many synths/tools out there in either SM or SE that are branded professionally (I guess because the real deal dev's are in C++ not using DIY tools like SM, and top shelf designers are retained for said native tools as not many will spend on branding treatments for freeware/exploratory vst's/testing markets...) but yeah the odd few that creative ppl create with passion do indeed look great.
Get All My Free Plugins/Packs/Etc...
>> http://www.toneden.io/lofiradio >> :phones:

Hi Norbz,

I would VERY seriously recommend you get a good 3rd-party plugin developer on board for your redemption campaign. I've had a play with the sindrone and romploid plugs, and they are not really any better than average freeware synths. Still keeping my word and making that batch of sounds, though.

One thing that really sells a DAW is having at least one fully-featured, quality workhorse synth with a lot more sound design parameters. Synthmaster, Massive, Z3ta, and Predator are excelkent examples of what I mean. Good sounding oscilltors and filters are also a must. The saw wave in sindrone sounds very lo fi and cheap, for example. I hear quite a bit of aliasing in that waveform.

Here is a small list of plugin devs you could contact to see if they're interested in some work. They, IMHO, produce truly quality freeware synths.

The guy that made the OBxd synth (cant think of the name)
Togu Audio Line
Leslie Sanford, the developer of the now discontinued Cobalt synth. Wasnt freeware, but the dev was good at what he did. Would love to see him develop new synths.
...or maybe you could contact the developers of lesser-known commercial synths.

Btw, could you PM me the email address to send these sounds to when I finish them?
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Tricky-Loops wrote:Looks quite promising, remembers me a bit of FLStudio! :tu:
No, only the default color scheme in case.

It looks more like a blend between LMMS and Mixcraft

Xenos wrote:Here is a small list of plugin devs you could contact to see if they're interested in some work. They, IMHO, produce truly quality freeware synths.

Togu Audio Line
I don't think TAL makes freeware any longer...

Turbo
Fully functional DAW for the next generation of music. Formally DubTurbo

This looks good and hopefully the rebrand takes off! I like the idea of having it as a compliment to anyone's current setup, like a Maschine without the Hardware.

Can't wait to try it out!

like how a car would be modified for more Turbo...

@norbz

But the new effects & synths in the new Dub Turbo aren't made with Flowstone, are they? :o Or do you have only a lot of ideas at the moment and you need some serious C++ programmers (I could only help you with a bit of BASIC, so no chance...) But then they would need at least a year to program an extraordinary synth...an other idea would be that you could ask developers if some of their synths & effects could be included in Dub Turbo...

You could ask U-He, what about Dub-Diva and Turbo-Zebra? :D

@ Xenos. Thank you kindly for your honesty, and yes I agree they are a bit thin/limited however still better than our first generation, and hopefully a transition to attract better programmers to build out something special for us in the near.

I actually went through the programmer/developer directory here and have already reached out to a good dozen or so people but most are on their own journey, don't share our big picture (we've moved 70K units with no trial, there is a lot of $ to be made for the right fit programmer wise so please take this seriously if anyone is reading that is able to take this on), or yeah they simply want to include their stuff in our install as is which I don't like the idea of or haven't seen anything worthy yet.

We've had ppl say it reminds them of FL - I've been spending a lot of time with ALL the top 10 or so DAW's re interface, workflow, feature sets, etc. so don't mind if there is familiarity within the app as most DAW's do have that raw set of features that you can't really mess with or position too differently but we'll still have our own spin on it.

@Julio, Cheers we're still in the early stages of naming/rebranding and still open to all ideas so thanks for that.

@Tricky-Loops, currently I don't have a VSTi resource for developers so I'm hoping by the time we launch we'll have some eyeballs on this and see our vision/opportunity to let their skills shine and be monetized properly. I know a badass synth is going to take a while, and my dev is going to be including effects natively but how many and how deep they go we don't know yet.

It's going to be released in Alpha, if we're lucky just before xmas, with just a few features, and then motor on weekly releases and we'll have a home support forum, full access to the programmers publicly, and by then I'm hoping talent is booked and working. If not we may indeed call on existing tools and setup some type of cross promo OR we'll simply be reselling others VST(i)'s that are a good fit/branded similarly, need a good push in the market..

Thank you again for the feedback, and if you guys know any of these developers personally please feel free to give them a nudge. I know I may be met with laughter or they won't take it seriously due to our past but please show them anyway as it might change their career/journey in a great direction. I also think simply rebranding something that exists out there and adding a few things to differentiate it slightly would be a great placeholder while we work on something raw so keep that in mind if you're reading and interested and have a great portfolio of tools you've built already.

NC.

SINDRONE BUG REPORT:

My patches don't sound correctly when loaded. I've tried saving my sounds as a bank as well and still get the same behavior. The problem areas are Osc 2's pitch settings, and the delay's speed. If it helps, I've been using the milliseconds in the delay instead of tempo-synced settings. The delay shows the correct speed in text, but does not play at that speed. For example, the delay speed might read "007", but I might hear a setting of ~ "114". Osc 2's pitch loads with random settings. For example, a bass sound I made should have Osc 2 set at octave "-2", but it loads at octave "0". It's best if we could correct that before I make these patches available to the public. I will send the patches to you tomorrow. Got 13 done so far and I'll get a few more in tonight.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Taking a look now - hoping it's a preset naming double - thank you for the bug report.

Ok - I've reuploaded Sindrone with automation fixed for the octave/semi drop downs (please let me know if this fixed it). Re the delay - I think some of the maths might be off - for a quick test I've replaced the delay with the standard one and I'll PM you a link to that version in a moment. If this fixes it I think I'll simply replace the delay (they do achieve the same thing really..).

Thank you!

Numanoid wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Looks quite promising, remembers me a bit of FLStudio! :tu:
No, only the default color scheme in case.

It looks more like a blend between LMMS and Mixcraft
I like how it is coming along.

@Norbs...good work so far....keep going at it.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Speaking of Mixcraft, you could also see if you can do what they do and get a license to distribute a small bundle of quality third-party freeware included in the DAW. If it's good enough, you only need WAHN SYNTH, although options are usually good.

nineofkings wrote:Speaking of Mixcraft, you could also see if you can do what they do and get a license to distribute a small bundle of quality third-party freeware included in the DAW. If it's good enough, you only need WAHN SYNTH, although options are usually good.
Freeware, you can't get no better return on your investment than that!

WAHNN SYNTH! Love it.

Damn, I think I'm going to have to actually make something called that now and make it absolutely terrrrible on purpose haha as a joke vst.. lo(wer)-fi here we go! Ready for the WAHN-SYNTH-CHALLENGE?!

@Trimph1 :: Thank you sir!

@nineofkings :: Yes we're considering this however there are so many new free cool tools always popping up it might be better to simply link to resources vs actual distribution. Though having said that yeah wahn really good freeware synth is definitely something we would consider.

@Xenos :: Just realized I'm probably going to have to go over all the tools re the detuner automation/preset saves in external patches and delay as it's the same one in all (I'll do Romploid tomorrow and the rest to follow if they have the same issues - Might replace it with a stereo popcorn delay vs the standard one now that I'm thinking further into it).

If I had to 'invent' a name for a DAW I'd choose "STELLWERK". ;)

But... it's too late for it as U-He already published "PRESSWERK". The word has a completely different meaning but does sound so similar that the idea is actually done. :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”