Dune: how do you get 8320 oscillators without phasing?!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't expect that a supersaw with 8320 saws is sounding much different from a supersaw with 15 saws.
But didn't try yet. ;)

Chris-S wrote:I don't expect that a supersaw with 8320 saws is sounding much different from a supersaw with 15 saws.
But didn't try yet. ;)
right,maybe no big differrence for any synth crap, but for any "real" instrument /pipe organ etc/ the difference will be huge!!!

I use 8321 oscillators and sounds better :)
soundcloud.com/yudaidhun

Chris-S wrote:I don't expect that a supersaw with 8320 saws is sounding much different from a supersaw with 15 saws.
But didn't try yet. ;)
In DUNE 2, using unison for the purpose of making things ultra-fat and wide is just one possible application.

Noone stops you from routing a bunch of oscillators through a high-pass filter, and another bunch through a low pass filter, for instance. Noone stops you from using a bunch of oscillators on the transients only, or cross-fade/morph between layers, go from thin to fat and back, applying different envelopes, waveshapes, tunings, etc. The sky is the limit :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote:
But didn't try yet. ;)
In DUNE 2, using unison for the purpose of making things ultra-fat and wide is just one possible application.

Noone stops you from routing a bunch of oscillators through a high-pass filter, and another bunch through a low pass filter, for instance. Noone stops you from using a bunch of oscillators on the transients only, or cross-fade/morph between layers, go from thin to fat and back, applying different envelopes, waveshapes, tunings, etc. The sky is the limit :)

Richard
This. You don't just set all oscs to a saw and then stack hundreds of them. You can have some play a transient, some play the body, some play a soft pad that comes up underneath, and then others play a release noise, all in one sound (for example).

Return to “Instruments”