A bump for Antti's ASynth and VSynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK - ASynth seemed fine.
However, I was quite impressed with Augur - although I can't help feeling it should be called Augury. :)

You can get some nice sounds out of this.
And the special bank put together by a couple of real fans show this synth off really well. Good job.

I'm keeping this one in mind when it goes v1.0.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Antti,

please make LFO's sync to host tempo.

Also, I recommend people to donate $ to help the development of this fine synth !

s3quenc3 wrote:Roland came up with something similar called Linear Arithmetic, which was the D-50 etc line.
Actually LA synthesis is not related to vector synthesis. LA synthesis has four "partials", where each partial can be either oscillator -> filter -> vca structure or a sample (no filter). You could call LA synthesis a primitive form of virtual analog synthesis.

yul wrote: please make LFO's sync to host tempo.
This will happen the day someone tells me exactly how to handle the Hz <-> beats/bar conversions. And I don't mean any formulas - rather, how should the UI behave?

For example assume you have tempo 120 and LFO freq is 1.13 Hz for example. That doesn't map directly to any 2/4 or similar beat setting. How should it behave there?

looking good. nice work arneys :)

Maybe you should try doing something this style for Argur. http://www.kvr-vst.com/get/1066.html

A couple suggested ways to do it:
The way I do it is to have a 'Sync' button which can be turned on. When on, the knob corresponds to discrete beat/bar settings. If you don't want to add a button you could probably print what it is in HZ and beats (like "1.3 hz, 0.5 beats").
David Wallin - White Noise Audio Software
http://www.bleepboxapp.com/
(groove box for iPhone)

http://www.whitenoiseaudio.com/
(VST plugins)

antti wrote:
This will happen the day someone tells me exactly how to handle the Hz <-> beats/bar conversions. And I don't mean any formulas - rather, how should the UI behave?

For example assume you have tempo 120 and LFO freq is 1.13 Hz for example. That doesn't map directly to any 2/4 or similar beat setting. How should it behave there?

I think usually it's like this: either you have sync switched off and it behaves just like you have implemented it now or it's switched on where there are now two possibilites:

1.: it stays in 'unsynced mode' until you touch the knob and set the synced speed as desired.

2.: as soon as you switch on the sync it automatically jumps to the nearest synced speed.

:)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

looking at it from the other angle - can anyone persuade me that an un-synced LFO is worth having? :)

scuzzphut wrote:looking at it from the other angle - can anyone persuade me that an un-synced LFO is worth having? :)
for sure it is - e.g. when you use it as a fast decent vibrato you usually wouldn't want it to be in sync. :)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Augur looks like an interesting synth, but before I fiddle around with the interface I would like to know how likely it is that there'll be more options, knobs, etc.

jens wrote: for sure it is - e.g. when you use it as a fast decent vibrato you usually wouldn't want it to be in sync. :)
uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh...................ok :oops:

two extraordinary instruments ... antti should be an extraordinary programmer thanks a lot :hug:

Let me just leap in here and add myself to the chorus of Augur fans. Always wanted a Prophet VS, never had the scratch for it. I'll be donating when I'm able. Thanks Antti for the synth; it's now in my go-to short list.

antti wrote:

The approach WhiteNoise describes above is good and useful, and probably the most fitting with the rest of the current UI. (Tempo sync would really make Augur amazing even above and beyond its current formidable condition).

THANKS for these great synths!

ArneyS wrote:To each his own I suppose. Personally, the GUI to me is as important as the sound, usability and aesthetics wise.
I agree. Good sounds/features are very important. But a great looking UI inspires me to use one good-sounding synth over another. Also, the improved ergonomics of a clean easy-to-understand layout is important for fast sound creation. I am far more attracted to Vanguard than Z3ta+ despite the latter being a more flexible synth.

I really like Arney's gui, by the way. :D

Return to “Instruments”