Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Omni2, komplete12 and falcon running in ableton live 10 on an iphone is the way to go these days.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I really hope he's not doing the ipad thing...well...anyway it will fine for other people, but no advantage for me whatsoever.. I doubt that's what it is though. He's bigger then that.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Stylus RMX in kit mode is still a potent drum tool - just for the sheer depth of its sound library.
So I'm hoping that an update of RMX, with zillions of fresh grooves and sounds, is going to be the big thing.

layzer wrote:Omni2, komplete12 and falcon running in ableton live 10 on an iphone is the way to go these days.
No, but Korg, Moog and some other developers will take the cake :D
When Komplete 12 will be released we already have a quantum cpu smartphone with flux compensator!
Also there are already more interesting tools available for multi-touch.
Or hardware getting cheap like apps! We are still on the way.
Maybe i'm already in the matrix.....

Cinebient wrote:
layzer wrote:Omni2, komplete12 and falcon running in ableton live 10 on an iphone is the way to go these days.
When Komplete 12 will be released we already have a quantum cpu smartphone with flux compensator!
think how awesome concerts in the future are going to be where its just some guys standing
on stage with some smartphones... i'm sure its already happening but it will be awesome when
that's the only way concerts are performed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np4GFMekoJQ
and the mosh pit goes insane!!!!!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
think how awesome concerts in the future are going to be where its just some guys standing
on stage with some smartphones... i'm sure its already happening but it will be awesome when
that's the only way concerts are performed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np4GFMekoJQ
and the mosh pit goes insane!!!!!
In the future no one will leave the house and we do everything via virtual reality.
A holophone concert anyone :lol:
As much fun we talk....some day it will happen.
A multi-touch device or virtual reality opens a world to new kind of instruments for sure.
We are just the dinosaur which will be forgotten soon......

3 Days to something new, according to the Spectrasonics website.

Slaapstadseun wrote:3 Days to something new, according to the Spectrasonics website.

I say new Stylus, should be cool :)
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
Slaapstadseun wrote:3 Days to something new, according to the Spectrasonics website.

I say new Stylus, should be cool :)
But they said "something you won't expect".
So it must be something else...
Hardware?
Tease me :P

Spectrasonics 30-day challenge weight loss guide :D
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Omnisphere 2.5 I presume
They have said before that they were working on a new product before Stylus would be updated so I can't help but think it might be that new product as opposed to an Omni update. Wouldn't complain if it was though. Hopefully they finally let us see the waveform of a user loaded sample!
Maybe it's both? I would love to see a more sophisticated Omnisphere iOS app (controller, not plugin) - particularly the Orb needs a lot of work, I would like to have more control over how it influences sound and savable snapshots you can morph between as in Kore 2. I also think there is a lot of scope for Spectrasonics to create their own sound addons, so far they only did the Moog tribute library which is years old. They could release addon packs that combine new samples with presets. As others have stated they have a huge catalogue of vocal sounds in particular to draw on.

first third party library which is officially published by spectrasonics: realms of omnisphere by cl-projects :tu:

Gosh wrote:first third party library which is officially published by spectrasonics: realms of omnisphere by cl-projects :tu:
The Sept 1 time frame certainly seems to support this.
http://www.cl-projects-sound-design.com/
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

:D
Ben H wrote:Spectrasonics 30-day challenge weight loss guide :D
:D

Gosh wrote:first third party library which is officially published by spectrasonics: realms of omnisphere by cl-projects :tu:
Nah - I get that this is Disappointment Protection Insurance (DPI), but this is the thing Eric mentioned way back in January. 156 more patches from somebody else doesn't quite seem like a project years in development now, does it?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”