Is ANYONE here at KVR talented enought to create the Jean-Michel Jarre 5th Rendez-Vous patch??????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi quantum7

I will give it a try tomorrow with a freeware synth, that i believe can come pretty close.
If i am satisfied with the patch i will post it and let you guess the synth 8)
See you tomorrow night
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

spaceman wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
spaceman wrote:What's a patch?
Its what a pirate wears over his eye
Aaaah.. are they difficult to make then?
They arrrrrrgh

olepro wrote:Hi quantum7

I will give it a try tomorrow with a freeware synth, that i believe can come pretty close.
If i am satisfied with the patch i will post it and let you guess the synth 8)
See you tomorrow night
Cool! I appreciate you trying. :)

Dasheesh wrote:Someone should give it a go on a waldorf ppg and feed it through a tape saturation like magnetics. My impression is that it it isn't any ONE synthesizer. Dude could have sampled waveforms from several and fed it through his emu or fairlight (probably). The recording saturation has a fair amount to do with the timbre.
You know, that is a pretty good guess. I was kind of thinking somewhat the same thing.

I'm pretty sure Laurent is talented enough to create that sound. But I doubht he would do it. But as a reqauest for a future soundbank...maybe yes

sfd wrote:I'm pretty sure Laurent is talented enough to create that sound. But I doubht he would do it. But as a reqauest for a future soundbank...maybe yes
Who is Laurent?

The Man, The Myth, The Legend - Lotuzia :-)

Thought I'd have a go tonight, sounds like low bit wavetables to me, the boxiness created with chorus and wet reverb so I went for Dune 2 :)

https://soundcloud.com/astralp/jarre-pr ... ith-dune-2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Astralp wrote:Thought I'd have a go tonight, sounds like low bit wavetables to me, the boxiness created with chorus and wet reverb so I went for Dune 2 :)

By George, I think you've got it! :o :) :clap: :tu: :party: :hyper:

I just bought Dune 2 a couple of months ago also!!!! I know I've given everyone interested until March 1st for the $30, but I have a feeling you won! I cannot wait to get a hold of it once I pay you. :D

Yes that sounds right. But I think it could be done in a "native" way with VirtualCZ. There are so many sounds close to it that I am almost convinced that is where he got the sound from...a CZ5000.

Jon

thejonsolo wrote:Yes that sounds right. But I think it could be done in a "native" way with VirtualCZ. There are so many sounds close to it that I am almost convinced that is where he got the sound from...a CZ5000.

Jon
Perhaps. 3 days left. :)

Really good Astralp

I think you nailed it, bravo :clap:
I will still make an attempt with SQ8L
The synth should have been a secret but i don't think quantum7 need my attemt anyway because of your great patch and because he allso has DUNE

I think SQ8L can come close but it has no FX to make the boxiness part of the sound
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

quantum7 wrote:
Astralp wrote:Thought I'd have a go tonight, sounds like low bit wavetables to me, the boxiness created with chorus and wet reverb so I went for Dune 2 :)

By George, I think you've got it! :o :) :clap: :tu: :party: :hyper:

I just bought Dune 2 a couple of months ago also!!!! I know I've given everyone interested until March 1st for the $30, but I have a feeling you won! I cannot wait to get a hold of it once I pay you. :D
I think the envelope timings could be tweaked, but it's pretty close :)

thejonsolo wrote:Yes that sounds right. But I think it could be done in a "native" way with VirtualCZ. There are so many sounds close to it that I am almost convinced that is where he got the sound from...a CZ5000.

Jon
It does have a CZ sound to it, but there's a a bitrate/samplerate sparkle to it which a CZ doesn't have to my ears, like an Emulator or Wavetable etc... I went with Dune 2 because it has the bitrate and sample rate reduction modules.

quantum7 wrote: I cannot wait to get a hold of it :D
It's attached to my original post :)

Return to “Instruments”