Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

temporubato wrote:Latest version is 1.11 and you always find it here:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/nave-plugin-updates

My goal is to do another version this year with new features like FX param modulations. However, as always in software it's hard to predict things. So, keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks
Rolf
So how is it going with this update? Now we're in March...
I'm having crashes very often when I save a preset in Nave AU.
It's really becoming a problem and I've had no replies from you.

I'm interested in buying a 2nd-hand license, or waiting for the next sale ( no educational licensing at waldorf :( )
if anyone is looking to sell theirs - pm me.

Soarer wrote:

My goal is to do another version this year with new features like FX param modulations. However, as always in software it's hard to predict things. So, keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks
Rolf
Thank you, Soarer – this is very interesting.

The thing is, I'm running the demo of Nave 1.12 as AU and VST on two Macs, both with Mac OS 10.9.5 (Mavericks).

On both of them, in Live 9.6 and in Logic 10.2.1, Nave will crash and bring the DAW with it the moment I save a user preset. In fact, the crash appears just after the preset Save, since the preset does appear in the User bank when I restart the apps.

I have reported this problem to Rolf and did get a reply where he asked for the User Bank [#].navebank. I sent it to him, along with Live and Logic crash logs, a week ago but still haven't heard back.

I also explained that I'm committed to buying a Nave license, because it's a really cool and inspiring instrument, but until this (Mac only?) fatal bug is squashed, I'm not giving Waldorf my money.

The only thing making me happy is that I'm apparently not the only Mac user experiencing this problem.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
Soarer wrote:

Thanks
Rolf
Thank you, Soarer – this is very interesting.

The thing is, I'm running the demo of Nave 1.12 as AU and VST on two Macs, both with Mac OS 10.9.5 (Mavericks).

On both of them, in Live 9.6 and in Logic 10.2.1, Nave will crash and bring the DAW with it the moment I save a user preset. In fact, the crash appears just after the preset Save, since the preset does appear in the User bank when I restart the apps.

I have reported this problem to Rolf and did get a reply where he asked for the User Bank [#].navebank. I sent it to him, along with Live and Logic crash logs, a week ago but still haven't heard back.

I also explained that I'm committed to buying a Nave license, because it's a really cool and inspiring instrument, but until this (Mac only?) fatal bug is squashed, I'm not giving Waldorf my money.

The only thing making me happy is that I'm apparently not the only Mac user experiencing this problem.

/Joachim
OK this is strange because I made one of the factory banks for NAVE on Mac and never experienced a crash like you describe, I have just saved 2 test patches in the latest Logic and am not getting a crash (although I am now on Yosemite but was on Mavericks when I made that bank). tbh I didn't realise the demo could save patches. Not disputing your experience but the reason it may not have been picked up during beta testing was because it wasn't happening on the test systems, there must be something more that is causing it (maybe it is just a bug in the demo?). I will try in Live 9 next.

I did notice that the browser opening/closing was sluggish though, that may be a new thing as it wasn't before.

EDIT - sorry can't seem to replicate in Live 9 either so far - does this happen every save or just some? (in which case I will try saving a lot more).

I think it might have started after upgrading to El Capitan. Not completely sure. My version of Live is 32 bit. MacBook Air.
It happens very often when I save the preset. Maybe every 3rd og 4th time. The preset is saved but not loaded when I open the Live set again.

Oh OK I'm not on El Cap and I am running 64 bit - maybe that narrows it down? Then again Joachim does seem to be on Mavericks, not sure about 32 bit (my guess would be not actually)

aMUSEd wrote:Oh OK I'm not on El Cap and I am running 64 bit - maybe that narrows it down? Then again Joachim does seem to be on Mavericks, not sure about 32 bit (my guess would be not actually)
I'm running Live and (of course) Logic at 64 bit. MB Air 2013 and MB Pro Early 2011. Nice and stable systems, no similar problems with anything else related to audio.

If I make a fresh install of Nave, the first time I save a preset to a user bank, it usually works. After that, crash every time I save to a User bank.

Joachim

Have you tried changing permissions in your user folder?

Spitfire31 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Oh OK I'm not on El Cap and I am running 64 bit - maybe that narrows it down? Then again Joachim does seem to be on Mavericks, not sure about 32 bit (my guess would be not actually)
I'm running Live and (of course) Logic at 64 bit. MB Air 2013 and MB Pro Early 2011. Nice and stable systems, no similar problems with anything else related to audio.

If I make a fresh install of Nave, the first time I save a preset to a user bank, it usually works. After that, crash every time I save to a User bank.

EDIT: Just saw your message about permissions. Will check that, thanks!

Joachim
P.S. Waldorf has a very generous demo policy, I think. You get a demo license for 30 days and during that time, Nave works without any limitations.

I just tested again, after having made certain that permissions are correct.

The first Save went OK. The next one, still to User Bank 1, crashed as before.

After relaunching Live, I created a User Bank 2. The first Save was OK, the next one crashed Nave and Live.

I hope that there's something useful in the crash logs (Live and Logic) I sent to Rolf along with the User Bank file.

/Joachim

OK worth a shot, I'm sure that will help it get fixed.

Rolf do you have any info for us about these issues?

Hi

sorry, I was quite busy lately. But I'm looking into these problems.

Best
Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

Ok, I couldn't reproduce the problem, but I found a suspicious thing based from Joachim's crash log he sent. I'll prepare a beta to verify my fix.

Hi

a beta with a potential fix is now available for testing. If you're plagued with the problems described here (saving and other preset related stuff), just PM me.

Cheers
Rolf

Return to “Instruments”