I have a very cool idea if this is not used. For people who love synthesizers and hardware synths!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im not sure if this ipad synths is what im talking about. There should be a software synths thats used in something like a ipad.

Mybe size of 30cm x 70cm or something. this is just an example so you easily can make ur own hardware synths in something like an ipad. also u can use the knobs when puting fingers on them or something.

SHould be a company that makes this kind of Pads. so u can make ur own hardware synth into this pad with programs such flowstone. or c++ or synthedit what ever. And it will work like a hardware synth with USB. so u dont need to think of mac or what ever. it works like an hardware synth. but from an ipad. and there you also can change if u have 3 diffrent synth in same pad. Would be a new thing instead of buying real hardware synths. for 1 000 to 30 000 dollars or something. Mybe this can make a price of 500 dollar or something.

Also the big companys like Access Clavia Dave smith and muc other could do hardware ipad synths. that works so dont need to buy the extreme hardware. just if u want the real original synth. u should buy it. But i would easily buy 2-3 diffrent synths of this if this idea is working.

Its like an IPAD hardware synth u connect to the computer with USB. this coulc be realy cool and easy to take with you :P

What do you say guys have some one come up with this idea before? i mean this is for hardware lovers. that mybe not have the money to get all the synths they want. and can get it much cheaper with a flat PC MAC synth :D

Sry if this is not good :(
I hope u gona like the idea for the feature.

Thnk about the idea. U buy a Virus TI polar in an ipad and connect :P realy fat! play around with.

Soon here :D
Last edited by yobare on Wed May 27, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yobare wrote:There should be a software synths thats used in something like a ipad.
So, erm, an iPad.
SHould be a company that makes this kind of Pads. so u can make ur own hardware synth into this pad with programs such flowstone. or c++ or synthedit what ever
oops, no, a Surface 3, running flowstone or synthedit.
Would be a new thing instead of buying real hardware synths. for 1 000 to 30 000 dollars or something. Mybe this can make a price of 500 dollar or something.
Aint gonna happen. Electronic devices only become cheaper when they sell in very large quantities.
What do you say guys have some one come up with this idea before? i mean this is for hardware lovers. that mybe not have the money to get all the synths they want. and can get it much cheaper with a flat PC MAC synth :D
Except it wont be cheaper. Custom hardware for niche markets is not cheaper than generic hardware for mass markets.

Plus, the kind of hardware people generally go for is diametrically opposed to a flatscreen tablet. Knobs, not pictures of knobs.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

hmm ok i guess its bad idea then :/ sry

yobare wrote:hmm ok i guess its bad idea then :/ sry
As an idea for a device, its in the ballpark of the old Lemur, so it has some precedent. However the Lemur was strictly a controller and was still roughly $2000 as a device, AFAIR. Its not that the notion of the device itself is 'bad', its just that your imagined pricepoint is totally unrealistic, and the more you have to replicate that you would get 'for free' on a generic platform like Windows (eg a SynthEdit type environment) the more expensive it gets.
Just think for a second how expensive it'd be to pursuade a company to make a nonstandard touchscreen format like 30x70.
FWIW, they eventually turned the Lemur into a $30 iPad app.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

ok ye now i understand ur right it will be to expensive. and about the price i dont know the actual price i just took something that sounded good.

But the idea is cool if the price wouldent be so high ;) but actually its like making a new pc touch screen ;)

ah kinda bad idea then. i tought it will be much cheaper :/

I've seen a while back a demo of some cool hardware knobs that can be attached to tactile screens with some sort of suction cups and they do interact with the device they're attached on... can't remember if it was a Kickstarter thing or not. I think it was in of the Sonic Talk episodes ?!?

PS: yobare, you're still working on that synth...right? :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Not just cool, I think this is a really hot idea :clown:

In the future I want to 3D print hardware controllers for my plugin synths 8)

yes im working on the synth. it will be 2 synths this is close to done. cobra synth.

Here it how it looks now.

Left to do input my phaser. also input alot of templates/modes for the sequencer.
Adding keytrack to matrix.
and some mslla things then its beta ;)

yobare wrote:yes im working on the synth. it will be 2 synths this is close to done. cobra synth.
Cool;) I like the modern knobs - looking very sharp; the ones with value dots around...not so much: they're too small. I would have opted for bigger rubber knobs (as large as the actual dot circle around) - but that's just me :) Overall, nice :)
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

do u mean the virus like ones for all instead of this value knob? and some of them bigger then the others?

idfpower wrote:I've seen a while back a demo of some cool hardware knobs that can be attached to tactile screens with some sort of suction cups and they do interact with the device they're attached on... can't remember if it was a Kickstarter thing or not. I think it was in of the Sonic Talk episodes ?!?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sa ... ts-a-contr
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
idfpower wrote:I've seen a while back a demo of some cool hardware knobs that can be attached to tactile screens with some sort of suction cups and they do interact with the device they're attached on... can't remember if it was a Kickstarter thing or not. I think it was in of the Sonic Talk episodes ?!?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sa ... ts-a-contr
Yes! I think this is totally brilliant! 8)

btw, "Cobra" looks fabulous. :tu:

e.t.a.?
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

murnau wrote:knobs-stick-em-to-your-tablet-and-its-a-contr[/url]
But for those prefering faders to knobs? :?

:D

Glad news guys. The distortion actually make it sound like sylenth 1. same kind of distortion. u can get this noisy res click basses ;) i think its decimate. or decimade.

Return to “Instruments”