Admiral Quality Poly-ana offers custom skinning (and win a free license)!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Poly-Ana

I just found out that Poly-ana will now support re-skinning. further users can create their own skins. apparently if a skin is chosen to be included with Poly-ana, they will give you a free license that you can give to someone else (or give you a credit).

http://www.admiralquality.com/products/ ... /skins.php

Also Poly-ana is on sale for about $135US (25% off regular)

http://www.admiralquality.com/products/ ... /index.php
Last edited by plexuss on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

let's go skin-makers! make us a nice one!

god that's one ugly synth, and for HOW much? i would not even pay half the discounted price, no siree

inb4 people say gui doesn't matter. well it does to me!
~Pyrotek45

plexuss wrote:I just found out that Poly-ana will now support re-skinning. further users can create their own skins. apparently if a skin is chosen to be included with Poly-ana, they will give you a free license that you can give to someone else (or give you a credit).

OOOHHH!!!!...........who cares!
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

This is a great-sounding synth. A more "compact" interface would be nice, tho.
A well-behaved signature.

Pyrotek45 wrote:god that's one ugly synth, and for HOW much? i would not even pay half the discounted price, no siree
But you're missing the point....now it's possible to make alternative skins and one of them you might actually like.......... :wink:

PolyAna is a great sounding synth. After all these years of people begging for a new skin I for one am glad to hear this request is getting closer to being realized. Hopefully someone like Limeflavour or Artvera or White Tie will make a whole new style of skin. Looking forward to seeing what the skinners do for PolyAna......... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Pyrotek45 wrote:god that's one ugly synth, and for HOW much? i would not even pay half the discounted price, no siree

Yeah, just keep away from this synth then. It's nothing for you. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:

Yeah, just keep away from this synth then. It's nothing for you. :hihi:
It IS ugly! I don't use it because I have somewhat bad eyesight and the UI is literally a pain for me to look at.

I've been considering using it since 2008-2009. Always ended up rejecting it. Now things may change though, esp. if e.g. Limeflavour makes a skin THAT"S NOT GOING TO HURT MY f**king EYES. :pray:

Maybe satYatunes have interest creating a skin for Poly-Ana? Would be great for sure!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Great! :party:

Here's hoping for a skin that fits on a 1366x768 screen :pray:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Karma_tba wrote:
plexuss wrote:I just found out that Poly-ana will now support re-skinning. further users can create their own skins. apparently if a skin is chosen to be included with Poly-ana, they will give you a free license that you can give to someone else (or give you a credit).

OOOHHH!!!!...........who cares!
Then I guess you don't understand that this is pretty much the emulation of this great analog sounding FATTENNING synth. They pretty much nailed it, but of course with keyboard you cannot change its skin color, or look as they do in the plugin version. Some people get excited that a new skin will change their approach on making music, for me... That's not the case.. I focus on what sounds I am in need of, and take it from there.

Cheers,
Nehalem 8 Core. 16 GB Memory, 4 TB drives. Logic Pro & Abelton 8. Motu 24 i/o Firewire, 2 x 24 inch Mac Monitors, Mackie HR8mk2, Yamaha HS 80M, Apogee Ensemble, Mashine, Kore2, Virus TI, Supernova2, Poly Evolver Keyboard!!!

That's possibly the ugliest synth ever made and while I know the dev (of course) and others defend it with great energy, it'd take a lot of eye bleach for me to forget that hideous GUI. But I am truly looking forward to seeing what this synth can actually do since I've never been able to tell anything from it's existing interface.

The biggest problem for me with the GUI are the rotary knobs for the modulation sources. And as he didn't make those modifyable to non-knob elements, i don't see how someone would be able to improve that GUI. They really need to be drop down menus, or something similar. Total misconception to make those rotary knobs.

chk071 wrote:The biggest problem for me with the GUI are the rotary knobs for the modulation sources. And as he didn't make those modifyable to non-knob elements, i don't see how someone would be able to improve that GUI. They really need to be drop down menus, or something similar. Total misconception to make those rotary knobs.
You can already change them to drop down menus - been possible for ages.

I see. Wonder why he shows pictures with those monstrous butt ugly knobs then, and doesn't make the drop-down thing default.

Return to “Instruments”