SynthMaster AND SynthMaster Player updated to v2.7.6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

kv331 wrote:
Apostate wrote:
kv331 wrote:It ik OK I understand you now let us get back to understanding the root cause.
The problem started when I downloaded the update .3. I downloaded it from here: https://www.kv331audio.com/downloads.aspx

When I uninstalled the above update and reinstalled Synthmaster, I did so after doing the usual sign in and serial number route. I'm wondering now if I did the right thing installing from the former in the first place, perhaps I should have signed in from the very beginning.
Is your system 32bit or 64bit ?

I see that you first downloaded 32bit full setup, then downloaded and installed 64bit update over it. I am confused here ? I suspect that Cubase is displaying a popup window to you but that window is not on top so you though Cubase froze.

I would recommend a full install, downloaded at the following links:

Windows 32bit version: http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadfile.aspx?fileId=42 (by default it is installed under c:\program files (x86)\vstplugins\kv331 audio)

Windows 64bit version: http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadfile.aspx?fileId=48 (by default it is installed under c:\program files\vstplugins\kv331 audio)
I saw that popup, closed it, but Cubase was still frozen. I'm going to give these a try.
Ha ha suck it!

so are you using the 32bit version ? Is your Cubase 32bit ? You installed to Cubase's VST 2.x folder right ?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:so are you using the 32bit version ? Is your Cubase 32bit ? You installed to Cubase's VST 2.x folder right ?
Cubase 64, I install to Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins/Kv331

I went ahead and installed the 32 bit as well, not sure if that was the right thing to do. I'm a bonehead :dog:
Ha ha suck it!

Please install the 64bit version, full setup to the folder where Cubase searches for vst 2.x plugins:

http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadfile.aspx?fileId=48

delete my documents/synthmaster
delete c:\users\public\public documents\synthmastertemp
delete c:\users\public\public documents\synthmastertemp27

then run Cubase and rescan VST plugins.

Cubase might place nonworking plugins in blacklist, you might have to reset that.

make sure you did not install synthmaster in 2 different locations which are both scanned by Cubase.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:Please install the 64bit version, full setup to the folder where Cubase searches for vst 2.x plugins:

http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadfile.aspx?fileId=48

delete my documents/synthmaster
delete c:\users\public\public documents\synthmastertemp
delete c:\users\public\public documents\synthmastertemp27

then run Cubase and rescan VST plugins.

Cubase might place nonworking plugins in blacklist, you might have to reset that.

make sure you did not install synthmaster in 2 different locations which are both scanned by Cubase.
Okay, I am being prompted to install the 64 to C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\KV331 Audio. The only thing is, most of my plugins are scanned at C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugIns. The former location is where my U-he plugins are. I'll wait to hear from you before going on with the install.
Ha ha suck it!

I also uninstalled the 32 bit Synthmaster, as you said, so as not to confuse Cubase scanning.
Ha ha suck it!

Ok then install 64 bit to steinberg/vstplugins that's fine, but delete program files/vstplugins/kv331 audio first
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:Ok then install 64 bit to steinberg/vstplugins that's fine, but delete program files/vstplugins/kv331 audio first
Okay I'm doing that now.
Ha ha suck it!

I just upgraded this from 2.5.4. It went very smoothly. Now to check out some of the new sounds/features.

I am unbelievably happy to say that Synthmaster is working! I'm not sure whether this is the .3 update (and if it isn't, I'm a little scared to try that again...laughing!), but all I know is I am SO relieved that I can still run this synthesizer.

I'm grateful for your help and patience...I don't even care that it took me hours to get this back up. I was really bumming about the possibility of not using this synth again. I guess that tells me something about how much I value it.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:I am unbelievably happy to say that Synthmaster is working! I'm not sure whether this is the .3 update (and if it isn't, I'm a little scared to try that again...laughing!), but all I know is I am SO relieved that I can still run this synthesizer.
If you hover over the KV331AUDIO SYNTHMASTER text in the top-right of the GUI, the version will appear under Parameter Updates: in the top-centre window

I am glad it works now! Have fun with it :tu:
Works at KV331 Audio

Fantastic news :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

seismic1 wrote:
Apostate wrote:I am unbelievably happy to say that Synthmaster is working! I'm not sure whether this is the .3 update (and if it isn't, I'm a little scared to try that again...laughing!), but all I know is I am SO relieved that I can still run this synthesizer.
If you hover over the KV331AUDIO SYNTHMASTER text in the top-right of the GUI, the version will appear under Parameter Updates: in the top-centre window
Thanks, it's .3! Now to check out some presets, nice to have this one BACK! :tu: :party:
Ha ha suck it!

Is that another scary proof that cubase internal bridging is the lamest of any daw? :phones:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Instruments”