Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

Tip: After slicing a loop, set the high note in the Note Range to be equal to the low note plus the number of slices. Each slice can then be triggered by a different MIDI note.

Image >>> http://i.imgur.com/S8vH8Xs.png

Here I loaded a single loop, set its Root Key to C-4 (C2 in 'real' terms ;)) sliced it to 12 slices and set the hi key value to B-4 (=B2). Notes from C-4 (=C2) upwards trigger each slice.

--------------------------
And, a bit of a surprise, I could apply a fade in or a fade out or both to each of the slices :)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
pc2000 wrote:
George wrote:We took the time to implement better transient slicing with this last beta.

This is what I based my comments on. I tested those preset values, and still get a large number of slices. Mind you... this is with simple, well defined drum sample hits, which shouldn't produce such a large amount of slices. I'm talking about 10-15 simple drum hits, that bliss creates at least 40 or more slices for, no matter what the threshold.
Oddly, I do not get enough slices, even with 100% so end up inserting more.
A threshold dialog box should arrive with 1.0.0 instead.

This thing looks awesome, unfortunately I haven't got a chance to try it. Will you give us a warning before the Beta ends so I can make sure I set time aside to demo (and hopefully buy) this before the price goes up?

Why take the risk? - Try it out now
;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

dplduffy wrote:This thing looks awesome, unfortunately I haven't got a chance to try it. Will you give us a warning before the Beta ends so I can make sure I set time aside to demo (and hopefully buy) this before the price goes up?
Thanks, Beta 6 should be the last one. We are headed to 1.0.0 now.

Hi George,

Not sure if this will help debugging at all, but FYI this last Beta 6 has caused me headaches on my Windows 10 64bit machine using a variety of DLL's for VSTi sampling. I've tried to narrow it down to better serve your testing but I cannot other than this:

More often than not, opening VSTi DLL's in an attempt to sampling them cause an instant close-down of Bliss. No dialog box pop up crash, warning, or any hint of what is going on! Simply loading a VSTi DLL now causes Bliss to quietly and gracefully close it's interface as though it was never open. Very very odd. No, it's not all the time but I'd say 7 out of 10 times loading various plugins it just closes itself.

Wish I could give you more feedback but this is quite frustrating lol. Hope this helps! For now, all I can do is pray and be persistent and hope one of these attempts to load a VSTi, Bliss will actually stay open so I can have some fun! ;)

Steps:

Open Bliss
Go to "load plugin"
Pick (seemingly) any 64-bit VSTi DLL to sample
Hit "load plugin"
All windows of Bliss + GUI of DAW + Plugin window = ALL close gracefully and without any warning or message.
Rinse repeat.

:( Not fun.

Plugins that fail so far include DDMF, BlueCat, and even Native Instruments. I can't narrow anything else down. Bliss just closes up. Poof. Gone.

Can you please make it so Bliss will not auto-close-crash on VSTi dll load? :( It's making Bliss useless at this time...completely.

dunked wrote:Hi George,

Not sure if this will help debugging at all, but FYI this last Beta 6 has caused me headaches on my Windows 10 64bit machine using a variety of DLL's for VSTi sampling. I've tried to narrow it down to better serve your testing but I cannot other than this:

More often than not, opening VSTi DLL's in an attempt to sampling them cause an instant close-down of Bliss. No dialog box pop up crash, warning, or any hint of what is going on! Simply loading a VSTi DLL now causes Bliss to quietly and gracefully close it's interface as though it was never open. Very very odd. No, it's not all the time but I'd say 7 out of 10 times loading various plugins it just closes itself.

Wish I could give you more feedback but this is quite frustrating lol. Hope this helps! For now, all I can do is pray and be persistent and hope one of these attempts to load a VSTi, Bliss will actually stay open so I can have some fun! ;)

Steps:

Open Bliss
Go to "load plugin"
Hit "load plugin"
All windows of Bliss + GUI of DAW + Plugin window = ALL close gracefully and without any warning or message.
Rinse repeat.

Plugins that fail so far include DDMF, BlueCat, and even Native Instruments. I can't narrow anything else down. Bliss just closes up. Poof. Gone.

Can you please make it so Bliss will not auto-close-crash on VSTi dll load? :( It's making Bliss useless at this time...completely.
Thanks for the report. I'd recommend VSTi sampling using a 32-bit host and using it only for Bliss for now, sorry about this.

There should be a crash log documents at Bliss folder, please send to bliss@discodsp.com

George wrote:
dunked wrote:Hi George,

Steps:

Open Bliss
Go to "load plugin"
Hit "load plugin"
Rinse repeat.

Thanks for the report. I'd recommend VSTi sampling using a 32-bit host and using it only for Bliss for now, sorry about this.

There should be a crash log documents at Bliss folder, please send to bliss@discodsp.com
1) Thanks for the feedback
2) I will use 32bit dll files for now but
3) If Bliss worked fine with x64 plugs this whole time, why now would it stop?

I will send crash logs and I really hope you guys can fix this - I can't imagine Bliss being limited with 32bit VSTi dll sampling for the future. That won't work with many folks I imagine, including myself. But for now, I guess it will have to do. Thanks again.

Hi,
Using the Digital Sound Factory soundfonts. Seems to load them up fine and shows the correct sample name, but the patch name is not displayed. Can this be fixed?

gckilla wrote:Hi,
Using the Digital Sound Factory soundfonts. Seems to load them up fine and shows the correct sample name, but the patch name is not displayed. Can this be fixed?
We are still working on SF2 compatibility and most should work, try contacting us at bliss@discodsp.com to see what can we do with those.

Any chance you guys can fix the x64 VSTi dll loading/crashing bug? I hate having to install an x86 vsti just to sample it, when I really only need the x64.

Can I help at all? :) I am hooked on Bliss! Not sure why it would stop working with the most recent update but something under the hood must be hiccuping! lol

We're working on getting a more stable x64. In the meanwhile send any crash logs to bliss@discodsp.com thanks!

George wrote:We're working on getting a more stable x64. In the meanwhile send any crash logs to bliss@discodsp.com thanks!
George,

Just sent you a huge log of crashes :( it is so very frustrating now that Bliss is unusable in a x64 sampling environment. If it helps you, I found a common theme:

Bliss ALWAYS (and only) crashes when you load a 'container' type 'wrapper' plugin, such as Blue Cat PatchWork, or DDMF Metaplugin, or even Image-Line's Minihost. So if anyone out there buys Bliss and wants to sample a VSTi instrument they built, using a wrapper-style plugin, they are out of luck. That is very sad. Often times, I'll craft a synth sound in a VSTi, and then add other VST fx to it - and then save THAT chain as a PatchWork 'instrument' or whatever. Bliss used to handle that perfectly well until this final beta update. :(

Please, PLEASE make it so Bliss can actually sample x64 plugs like Metaplugin or Patchwork - otherwise we sound designers are limited to just one VSTi at a time, which is static and not ideal. Logs emailed, please let me know how it goes! Eager. :)

Thanks, we will check!

Return to “Instruments”