Waves to release Element 2 Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Element Virtual Analog Synthesizer

As I remember I had to load Element v1 in the Waveshell earlier

Now Element v2 shows up directly in my instrument browser in FL Studio

I wonder if this is why I can't get MannyM Delay to load up, because it perhaps needs to be loaded via the Waveshell?

Numanoid, did you have to do anything special in order to get Element to show up in FlStudio? I've tried rescanning my vst folder, but no luck. At least I have Waveshell showing up, but it isn't a choice in there either?

Why is the rest of the world able to program proper vst's that show up in my hosts but Waves for some reason can't or won't. :?:

Sequent wrote:Numanoid, did you have to do anything special in order to get Element to show up in FlStudio? I've tried rescanning my vst folder, but no luck. At least I have Waveshell showing up, but it isn't a choice in there either?
I think the trick is to use the VST3 version of the plugs.

Also make sure "verify plugs" box is ticked when doing a scan.

In FL Studio 12 (Win 10) I got both Element v2 and MetaFilter to show up.

But not MannyM Delay....

I had a lot of trouble with FLstudio. I eventually got it to work in Waveshell but the CPU load was very high and the GUI very laggy so didn't bother trying to get it to work smoothly. I might have bothered if it weren't for the convoluted "waves centre" installation process which just makes setting a total pain in the ass
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Numanoid wrote:
Sequent wrote:Numanoid, did you have to do anything special in order to get Element to show up in FlStudio? I've tried rescanning my vst folder, but no luck. At least I have Waveshell showing up, but it isn't a choice in there either?
I think the trick is to use the VST3 version of the plugs.

Also make sure "verify plugs" box is ticked when doing a scan.

In FL Studio 12 (Win 10) I got both Element v2 and MetaFilter to show up.

But not MannyM Delay....
If I can Help :
I had the same issue with Waves NX not showing, but Elements 2 and Metafilter always.
I took off the waveshell.dll
open the DAW, everything waves disappeared,then
Paste the new waveshell.dll from the NX installation, finally NX shows in my DAW with the 2 others

Yeah, unfortunately FL Studio is a DAW not supported by Waves :(

Numanoid wrote:Yeah, unfortunately FL Studio is a DAW not supported by Waves :(
http://www.waves.com/support/tech-specs/supported-hosts

It's listed right there as supported.

In some DAWs, Element/Codex appear in the vst/effects category like in Bitwig and Reaper. In others like in Studio One, they appear correctly in the instruments/Vsti category.

In Reaper I could 'force' it to re-categorise them as Vsti, but I don't know how to do it in Bitwig. It's not a problem because I use the favourites category always and they are there together with other vst/Vsti ones.

So, check the effects, they might be there.

Robert Randolph wrote:

That is good news :)

Before doing a scan, you need to select not only "verify plugins" but also "rescan previously verified plugins". It takes a while (it rescans all your plugins from scratch) but this is what you need to do for Waves plugins. It needs to rescan the Waveshell. If you do not select "rescan previously verified plugins" it will skip scanning the Waveshell and your new Waves plugins won't show up.
Play it by ear

Could also be that waves installed the dll files in a folder that is not covered in the FL Studio scan. In FL Studio you can tell FL studio what folders to scan and where those folders are located.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Thank you to everyone for helpful advice. I'm doing the things that were mentioned, including rescanning and making sure that the correct folders are showing up. So far still having trouble and when the other Waves plugins do show up Metafilter and Element2 definitely do not. What a headache this Waves stuff is. Though I will say that as far as the stand-alone Element (which does work) sounds really good. Have to take a break... and get a drink, lol. :dog:

I feel with you bro! This can give anyone headache. I been thru similar issues before. If you can open those folders in windows explorer and see that the dll files are there and that FL Studio really have those folders included in the scan, then something is very wrong. FL Studio should include those files in the scan even if the licenses for Element 2 and Metafilter has not been properly installed or activated for some reason.

I just bought the same as you and I also have FL Studio. After installation I found that I could open Element 2 as standalone without having to open the DAW. Can you also do that?
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Numanoid wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:

That is good news :)

oh that's new, nice!
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Yes, standalone is working okay.
ATN69 wrote:I feel with you bro! This can give anyone headache. I been thru similar issues before. If you can open those folders in windows explorer and see that the dll files are there and that FL Studio really have those folders included in the scan, then something is very wrong. FL Studio should include those files in the scan even if the licenses for Element 2 and Metafilter has not been properly installed or activated for some reason.

I just bought the same as you and I also have FL Studio. After installation I found that I could open Element 2 as standalone without having to open the DAW. Can you also do that?

Return to “Instruments”