PPG Phonem (Advanced Vocal Synthesizer) official released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phonemklatura for Phonem PPG Phonem

Sampleconstruct wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:
sfd wrote:Not craving into mass consumerism - as if they truly wanted to limit their sales for political or idealistic reasons.

Aren't introduction prices insulting to later adopters?

And when we are at it. If Black Friday is such a bad day. Why not release it as free and open source software on May 1st. And we shall thank them for not craving in to capitalism.
Limit their sales? No. Just because they don't embrace such a corporate cliche as Black Friday doesn't mean they're trying to limit their sales. It simply means they don't buy into said corporate cliche.

Introductory prices are slightly different. They're generally to reward people for offering financial support at an early juncture, and it's only done once per product. It's not repeated again and again and again.

That last piece of logic is nearly impossible to follow. I said nothing about capitalism. I said mass consumerism. Selling your product for money does not mass consumerism make. As I've stated before, they're just not buying into what 90% of what everybody else does. They're selling product X for Y dollars. There's no convoluted sale gimmick to trick people into thinking they're getting a "deal." It's a simple way of stating, "we think our product is worth this amount."
Why don't you just let people ask wether there will be a sale, the dev said no and fine, what's the reason for this controversy?
I just told the dev I agreed with his statement. I never prohibited him from asking the same tiring question that's thrown at every developer. I didn't realize I was causing such a controversy. I wonder who's going to write the book about this ordeal. :roll:

origwt wrote:
pdxindy wrote: The most difficulty I am having is trying to save sounds... the file management system is confusing. Hasn't clicked yet.
you have to understand, that Phonem is using resources which are located in extra folders.
thats the reason, you have to save the changes you did on the resources.

the advantage is, that if you improve a resource, the changes are directly available on all the presets which use that resource.
I haven't purchased Phonem (yet -- pretty sure I will), so I may be on the wrong track here, but I wonder if it would make sense to have an option like a "consolidated" save, that saves the patch and all resource changes with one click?
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 12.6 | MOTU 828es | MOTU M4 | Studio One 6 | Logic 10.7

tremolounge wrote:
origwt wrote:
pdxindy wrote: The most difficulty I am having is trying to save sounds... the file management system is confusing. Hasn't clicked yet.
you have to understand, that Phonem is using resources which are located in extra folders.

the advantage is, that if you improve a resource, the changes are directly available on all the presets which use that resource.
I haven't purchased Phonem (yet -- pretty sure I will), so I may be on the wrong track here, but I wonder if it would make sense to have an option like a "consolidated" save, that saves the patch and all resource changes with one click?
Yes, this has been requested already, it's a must imho.

masterhiggins wrote:
I wonder who's going to write the book about this ordeal. :roll:
Stephen Hawking!

Oh, it was just this guy who suggests that the dev doesn't participate in what he calls "cliché" by some noble reasons. Witch, of course, is just silly.

sfd wrote: Witch
Burn him at the stake!

:D

I think my question was overlooked:
zxant wrote: 
Still no Trial Version?

(and here's hoping that it will be useable for longer than just 7 days ...?)

zxant wrote: 
I think my question was overlooked:
zxant wrote: 
Still no Trial Version?

(and here's hoping that it will be useable for longer than just 7 days ...?)

if we have it, we will announce it.

origwt wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:
origwt wrote:
sfd wrote:- Has it been tested on 32-bit XP?
- Will there be a deal for Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
yes, it works on XP 32 bit.
see our shop page.
one of our testers is working with that.

http://wolfgangpalm.com/shop.html

sorry, i am no friend of there campaigns...no
Thank you for not caving in to mass consumerism. I think Black Friday sales on software is kind of insulting to early adopters.
wow, i did not expect positive reaction on this :)
but i see it the same way.
:tu:

origwt wrote:
pdxindy wrote:I'm finding creating a new sound relatively easy to understand... the controls make sense to me right away. I'm getting some excellent vocal sounds that are quite natural. Very impressive!

The most difficulty I am having is trying to save sounds... the file management system is confusing. Hasn't clicked yet.

I find it scary that I can potentially change a bunch of presets without even knowing which ones I am changing. Improving a resource does not mean I will like the change for every preset.

Of course that is not really different than samples, so its mainly that the saving process is still somewhat confusing to me.

I'm sure a few more hours of exploration will make it clearer!

How do I save a resource?

Also, I went to save a program but had forgotten to save the edited resource first. Once I tried to save the program it asked if I wanted to save the resource. I didn't want to lose the existing resource so I said no thinking that was like a cancel operation option. That reset the resource to default losing all the work I had done.

So far I find it way to easy to lose my work.

pdxindy wrote:How do I save a resource?

Also, I went to save a program but had forgotten to save the edited resource first. Once I tried to save the program it asked if I wanted to save the resource. I didn't want to lose the existing resource so I said no thinking that was like a cancel operation option. That reset the resource to default losing all the work I had done.

At the top right right of some of the modules you can access a menu which includes the Save As command. Have a look at page 7 of this thread.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:
I wonder who's going to write the book about this ordeal. :roll:
Stephen Hawking!
Now THAT was classic. Wish I'd said. :lol:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Sampleconstruct wrote:

At the top right right of some of the modules you can access a menu which includes the Save As command. Have a look at page 7 of this thread.
Thanks... I found the menu for the resources. It is over next to access mode. I hadn't thought to look there. But it is still confusing. There is save option, which is obvious. But then there is save as. Where does it save it to? The resources have some sort of file structure with options of 'Base' and 'Voice' which change which resources can be accessed. The save as dialog has no option of where to save as.

Then there is the add to library option. What is that? How are 'Save As' and 'Add to Library' different? Also, how do I delete a resource?

Regarding programs.

Like I mentioned, if I edit an existing program, then use the save as command. That brings up a dialog and if I edited the resource that gives me the option to lose my edit to the resource or over-write the resource. There is no way to cancel out at that point and go use the save as command for the resource. So by the time it informs me that the resource was edited, it is no longer possible to do 'Save As'

pdxindy wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

Thanks... I found the menu for the resources. It is over next to access mode. I hadn't thought to look there. But it is still confusing. There is save option, which is obvious. But then there is save as. Where does it save it to? The resources have some sort of file structure with options of 'Base' and 'Voice' which change which resources can be accessed. The save as dialog has no option of where to save as.

Then there is the add to library option. What is that? How are 'Save As' and 'Add to Library' different? Also, how do I delete a resource?

Regarding programs.

Like I mentioned, if I edit an existing program, then use the save as command. That brings up a dialog and if I edited the resource that gives me the option to lose my edit to the resource or over-write the resource. There is no way to cancel out at that point and go use the save as command for the resource. So by the time it informs me that the resource was edited, it is no longer possible to do 'Save As'
At the moment the entire Bank-system seems borked, I already wasted a lot of time trying the reliably recall saved presets, once you have created a new Bank and added a preset to that Bank and then save the Bank, the next time you try to access that Bank it will show empty (although the free poram slots might indicate something had actually been saved into that Bank) and if there is something in that Bank it will sound different to what you have saved into it, so atm I am only using the Save AU presets in my DAW (Logic) to capture my work. I think the dev is aware of this problem and is working in something less convoluted which works reliably.

Check pages 8-11 in this thread.

Return to “Instruments”